• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Hey, so like...let's either update this* or make a new thread with people who actually care.

*Or at least talk about it and say, "Hey, let's update it within a week after Kings of Cali II."

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Just hit people up and do it. Talking about planning to do it rarely leads to discussion.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'd rather get it done soon. Some possibilities for how to go about doing this:

1) Have the panel discuss it IRL after some event. Not terribly likely since that requires getting a bunch of people together and the opportunities to do this are sparse.
2) "Chat" about it online somewhere. From what I can gather, FB would be most convenient for this. I wouldn't be able to do this, but if it's the course of action we decide to go with, I'm okay with not being a part of the panel. Other options would be AIM and Skype, but my experience is that arranging things that way is a pain.
3) Pull an Oregon and talk about it publicly in this thread, in which case everybody can talk about it and have the panel decide the final list when the time comes. I'm partial to this option since it's easy and since I see no need to be secretive about the PR discussions, but if other people disagree, we can do things differently.

ComboFest

Smash Lord
so i'm going to be ranked right? i mean i did win a game of friendlies off of stab out of 100. Let that soak in.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I didn't notice how hideous they were on a dark background (not that they're terribly pleasant on lighter ones either). I'll just revert to the code for the normal Falco icon and wait until that gets fixed.

Nos

Smash Rookie
Too many god damn sheiks.

Good **** SB climbing up there. Next time it'll be Dante then me and Saca.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I thought the horrible falco icons were on purpose. I thought it was funny...

And SoCal is so stacked. I bet many of the rugular, unranked players could place 1st at any ohio local. eeeeeeaazy

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Like I said earlier, I do have something else in mind that I think will be nice for future ranking updates and likely nice for reference purposes anyways. In the past couple updates, looking at past results and figuring out just how everybody performed at everything was at times a big hassle and I'm sure some data that would have been nice to know was skipped due that. Because of this, I intend on maintaining a spreadsheet that will have store lots of relevant tourney data for Socal players in a few easily accessible ways. I currently have a very rough draft of how I'd like it to be up, although some things will likely change (for example, I can nicely merge the "Player Records (OoR)" sheet into the "Player Grid" one; I just haven't gotten around to that yet). I think I'm generally comfortable with the overall structure, though, so unless I see notably better alternatives, the basic format of this likely won't change. I don't currently have any actual data up, and won't until the next tourney since I don't intend on storing old results (see the big image on the front page of the doc for details; in retrospect, I worded that part awfully, but hopefully it's not too unclear), but I have examples of what the structure would be like in the sheets. That said, here is the spreadsheet.

MacD

Banned via Administration
sounds like you are gonna do something similar to what norcal is doing now. maybe you should talk to tafokints and see what he likes/dislikes about his spreadsheet system.

Top Bottom