• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Kira-

Smash Champion
LoL I'll be mighty upset if kira gets top 4 after losing to sheridan, jkun, fly, and lovage, simply because he went out of state and performed as expected. Well, less than I expected. I predicted 3rd for kira, and that was when I thought M2k AND Mango would be in attendance. Again, I have a lot of respect for him and his talents. He deserves top 5, but I deserve a move up more, despite my lackluster performance at Pat's house.

However, if we wanna give precedence to last minute performances, then my a** shoulda been 3rd after Active Gamers...

so let's be consistent, and not d*** me when I f*** up last minute. I'm better than I was at Pat's house.
Sorry I didn't do as well in Washington as you hoped, i really hope one person's expectation doesn't bring me down though. Believe it or not Eggz and Otto are actually that good; if you saw them vs M2K live you would've been very impressed like I was. They have a lot of OoS experience and they adapt very quickly (aka they're smart) and their tech skill allows them to pull off AMAZING combos where most people would just get one hit in and they are also more safe on the platforms than any other space animal period. The way Otto especially moves around makes it really hard to predict where he's going and just hit him in general.

I appreciate your respect, but haven't you always said that major tournaments should be counted for more? I agree that you weren't playing at your best during this tournament, but does that void your results or warrant a decrease of accomplishment in MacD and myself?

[EDIT] - of course we won't ONLY consider pat's. I don't even think I should be top 5 because I did so poorly before pats house but us PANELISTS can discuss that thoroughly on thursday. Also comparing results for 11-15 spots is going to be hard; i have a feeling a lot of personal opinion is going to go into those ones =/ [/edit]

OMG can ranked players enter with secondaries? that is so amazing, just when my falco was getting good

p.s. i want to be on the panel this time
yes, the idea is that ranked players can't use their mains (mains are something I will fairly and reasonably decide myself) and mango has to use low tiers LOL. Except I personally think Zhu will be utterly and completely broken at this tournament but it should be fun either way. Also you can't team with another ranked player- so go find new teammates =)

Hugo - time to prove just how SICK your ganon really is lol

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol connor cannot use peach

but yeah i think connor and zhu have the best secondaries overall... btw zhu also can't use fox. but still both of them have **** secondaries (sheik/marth and zhu's falcon)

i also probably won't enter- even though i play a lot of characters lol

also someone should get at cameron soon, cause he's not gonna be ranked (inactivity) and he's amazing.

BUT This is all pending a venue (which might happen soon courtesy of Doppleganger) and a reservation date. so we will see...

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
macd lets do double peach as well

someone give me a date asap so i can arrage to go plx

HugS™

Smash Lord
Kira, if Major tournaments truly counted more, then I shouldn't have been sixth after active gamers.

So I'm saying let's be consistent. Clearly this was my f*** up tournament.

Don't d*** me once by underrating my performance at a major (AG), then d*** me twice for doing poorly at one (Pat's house)

Up until this last tournament I had only lost to you, Mango, SS, and Zhu. I guess if that Jkun loss counts against you, then my loss @ Stabbed's tourney could count against me just as much.

This was clearly a fluke in my record this period. I don't want to be d***ed twice by a poor rankings panel. That is, I don't want to be ranked 6th and get 2nd or 1st at every tournament there after, like I did last period.

I mean hosts don't even seed me by my 6th place ranking because it's so off.
Just get your s*** right this time, this panel has been sucking d***.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Kira, if Major tournaments truly counted more, then I shouldn't have been sixth after active gamers.

So I'm saying let's be consistent. Clearly this was my f*** up tournament.

Don't d*** me once by underrating my performance at a major (AG), then d*** me twice for doing poorly at one (Pat's house)

Up until this last tournament I had only lost to you, Mango, SS, and Zhu. I guess if that Jkun loss counts against you, then my loss @ Stabbed's tourney could count against me just as much.

This was clearly a fluke in my record this period. I don't want to be d***ed twice by a poor rankings panel. That is, I don't want to be ranked 6th and get 2nd or 1st at every tournament there after, like I did last period.

I mean hosts don't even seed me by my 6th place ranking because it's so off.
Just get your s*** right this time, this panel has been sucking d***.
np, i agree that it was your fluke tourney and the rest makes sense to me too. I think i personally seeded you higher for pat's house.. well it might've just been for pools but w/e. but yeah, like atlus said you're on the panel so now you can make it however you want =) With everyone else's consent of course. So the panel is you, me, mango, lovage?

@ fabian - I'm workin on it

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL I Had no idea i was on the panel.

I know i was a suggestion, but I didn't know it was official.
I'll think about it today.

When did you all plan to start creating a new list?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Haha I posted this like a page back but I wanted to do it this weekend (friday?) I was gonna do it thursday but i have a test the next day.

Kira-

Smash Champion
So I pretty much got all the results for every tourney that Socal was at. The only results I'm not sure of are some minor ones for the UCSD triweekly (oct 18th) and the Chatsworth tourney right before Pat's (Nov 8th). We have the results but not the brackets, but i think everyone can remember what happened once we discuss things.

but yeah i think we should do this late at night, i'm gonna be busy at 3

Lovage

Smash Hero
im prolly gonna be at dunskies all weekend
hugo will be there later tonight and maybe other times this weekend too
oh and mango will probably be at dunskies this weekend too

maybe you should just come down and we can do it in person!!!!

we can still prolly get on aim tho

Kira-

Smash Champion
that would be tight, but dunskies house is like 1.5 hours away 50% of the time (last time there was late night traffic on the 101 that made our trip like 2.5 hours each way)

but i'll think about it =)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
that would be tight, but dunskies house is like 1.5 hours away 50% of the time (last time there was late night traffic on the 101 that made our trip like 2.5 hours each way)

but i'll think about it =)
you guys are noobs and got on the wrong freeway, you don't have to take the 101 to get to dunskies

___X___

Smash Lord
HAI GUYS! Im a former sonic main from utah, im coming up to socal for the vacation and i'd like to know if theres gonna be any tournaments? please let me know! :D

Top Bottom