• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Lovage

Smash Hero
rankings will be updated in a few hours

panel: mango, hugs, lovage, kira

if someone else should be on the panel message me lingbling6

i think we're doing top 15

Lovage

Smash Hero
grats to all our newly ranked players
this update was very hard to do, especially the 5-10 ranks, socal is a very very good region and you should all be proud

i'm exhausted

Kira-

Smash Champion
special grats to connor

for impressing us with a strong performance this period

and making me proud

im exhausted, this was fun and somewhat rewarding but a lot of work (it really was). so im going to sleep.

Lovage

Smash Hero
ranking me/connor/kira was the hardest part of this ranking. we originally had 6. lovage 7. kira 8. connor, but connor really had an amazing performance this period with virtually zero bad losses, so he deserved it the most. fly would have been just as hard to rank with this group if he didn't get destroyed at pat's house

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Fly came from a #7 position, while MacD came from an unknown/unranked position

And fly played solidly this period despite losing to MacD on several occasions, though the losses hurt him less than they should, considering peach ***** IC's.

His few losses, coupled with the fact that he beat Zhu, dropped him only 2 spots, as opposed to 3.
Make more sense?

LoL

EDIT: This is HugS

SuperRad

Smash Master
yeah, the one spot difference isnt a big deal. when i was doing the list mentally i came up with macd ahead of fly [mostly because im more familiar with his results than fly's]

i think relying to heavily on past lists isn't a good system, but that's a whole 'nother deal.

HugS™

Smash Lord
It's not that heavy of a reliance honestly.

It just stops the hype from taking over so quickly, and allows players more time to really come into their own and fit into their proper ranking.

It stops a player like lovage from dropping down 4 spots one period to 9th, and placing top 5 ever since (Lol sorry to bring it up again Kira, but it's my best example)

No period should ever be ranked "fresh". Otherwise you end up with Norcal rankings. :0

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm curious about the rationale for s2j being higher than Romeo and Maple.

I also think MacD is pretty clearly better than me, but that will probably become more evident with time if it isn't obvious already, unless I manage to step it up.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yay! I love this list! <3

Edit: On a kinda related (but not really) note, is this correct?

Kira = Light blue Sheik
Adam/P = Red Sheik
Maple = Green/Red Sheik?

Does anybody know what color Sheik Embracethe12 uses? And lastly, are there any other active, well-known SoCal Sheiks that I didn't list here?

I'm trying to pick a new color to use for Sheik; Kira gave me the light blue color in late 2007 (yay, thank you Kira!), but since he uses that one again (I still love you, Kira!), I think I should get a different color so people don't confuse the two of us (even though Kira's Sheik is about 672,000 times better than mine, so I don't think anyone would ever confuse the two of us).

Does anybody use the default color Sheik? I used to use that one before switching to light blue, but if no one is using that one, I'll be happy to use it again.

Thank you! <3

Adam M!

Smash Lord
1. right now i don't use sheik, although we know how fickle that is
2. i use green/red sheik more than anything. i use silver when i'm bored with green or red. i use red more than anything tho

edit: surprised you guys actually respected my skillz, although i use freakin fox as a secondary at the VERY LEAST

*** you guys i'm not gonna use sheik this whole ranking period just so i can get fox/marth next to me

but if you guys do the arcadian tourny and let rankedp layers use secondaries, i am gonna **** everyone with my fox

Adam M!

Smash Lord
btw i will be very surprised if steven isn't on this list over maple next time

MacD

Banned via Administration
haha i love the change from "lovage sucks?"

and though i'm not happy with my placement (who ever is) guess i'll just have to **** this quarter like fly said

EDIT: guess i'll have to learn the puff match up :(

Kira-

Smash Champion
@ rick

haha, i made a post about this on the sheik boards, basically i did give you the light blue but i always play better with it for some reason so i figured we could share =P but if you want your own color than you can use the default blue, mango uses it but his sheik is a pretty rare sight

@ nate

maple beat P, romeo for his big wins.

@ fly

romeo and maple both had some bad losses, worse than johnny's. both of them also hadn't attended many tourneys while s2j went to like every one and was consistent all across the board, almost always losing to only ranked players. actually romeo didnt do **** but he has a history of doing well (aka we all know how good he can be) so he wasn't completely dropped off the PR

D

Deleted member

Romeo is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than me doesn't make sense if I am above him

HugS™

Smash Lord
Romeo is always in contention for top 10 when he chooses to try.

He only tries against me and people he hates.

Otherwise, we got him losing to Maple and GG7, with zero wins under his belt. He's the best falcon in Socal easily, but he can't be ranked highly that way.

Top Bottom