• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
shameless sd promotion:

despite me complaining about jun in our thread and in person he is a pretty smart player and showed that he could hold his own against contenders, baka at least. all of his characters are getting better and it would be a shame not to promote him. macd has his back, but he did 2-0 baka who is trying his heart to get on the pr.

sunny sucks, but everyone else sucks more. hes legit, hes the real deal.

jesse is amazing. there is no question his deserves to be ranked. i honestly dont care if he does because hes already earned it in my eyes.

maple is good, play more. especially with us.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Lol thanks Andrew but nah I am not close enough to competing with the members of the PR yet :(

Maybe one day

baka4moé

Smash Champion
money matches dont count for the pr.

jus sayin.

**** imma stop talking to sd now in this thread, at least i'll try lol. i'll only post things that are relevant to the pr, like listing accomplishments/etc.

peace. <3 socal.

Kira-

Smash Champion
SD will surprise everyone if they actually show up. The up and coming players will have to learn about styles... every region / state / coast has a very different style.

It's like a family tree.... at the top there's the world...

then it splits into Japan, Europe, Mexico, and America... then it goes to west, north, south, midwest, sweden, norway, france, etc..

then it can be divided into states.. every state has a very unique style....

then regions.. like 949, 805, 818, SD, etc...

like at first socal and norcal had very different styles... but then we started traveling a lot more and now our styles have melded and become more similar

I think Jun beating Baka in a MM is a good example of this, especially considering Baka just beat Joey in tournament LOOOOOOL (<3 joey). but yeaa... there will be major disappointment on both sides... people complaining about their players "not playing well" but this is because they aren't used to weird styles. that's why travelling out of state gets you better 100x more than practicing at home all day\\\

mannn ive been posting too much

Baka btw.. you'll have to get used to socal melee cause stuff like this happens a lot =P Just cause Jun's bringing up the MM doesn't mean he's trying to be a jerk or that he's against you or anything. People like hype =)

SNG

Smash Journeyman
i'll be the first to say publicly

Sd sucks my chode
not impressed

step it up plz
Well, that's not a very nice thing to say at all.

Edit:

Also, there needs to be less dissent in this thread. Just let the PR people do their thing. I think they have enough information at this time already, so all this bashing on each other should stop.

We are, after all, supposed to be a friendly smash community, no?

MacD

Banned via Administration
but this is so entertaining

and we'll consider anything and everything we want when it comes down to deciding between 2 people

MM's will probably be taken into consideration if we have a tough time deciding where to place certain people

baka4moé

Smash Champion
=/

ok i guess i'll defend myself, i'll try to be brief. i only mmd jun because he wanted me to. 20 seconds into the match (no joke) i lost interest because he played like a campy ***hole and, since i had heard from previous/current pr panelists that money matches don't count at all for the pr, honestly stopped caring. had i known that mms mattered, i think it wouldve gone differently ;)

so, i suppose kira was right, and yes, that was indeed a good post :). like, when i went back to texas i learned a good amount playing the players there, despite there being a very small scene lol.

and yes, i agree with sng. i don't think some of the discussion so far has been very constructive, or promoted friendly competition. smash, at least for me anyway, is about learning about yourself and having fun along the way, and i want to keep it that way.

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
I'm a legit Lovage fan now after SiTB and 2GG. Watching his vids entertaining.

I'd love to play with some SD players.

edit: That's lame baka. I'm campy and lame, but if I challenged you to a MM I'd rather you'd try unless throwing 5 bux my way is cool : D.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Lovage you weren't impressed with Bone at all? Like not even one tiny bit? On a side note SD does need to travel more if we want to be good, and get ranked... step it up guys! I do what little I can, but I will ALWAYS be a punching bag :/

Lovage

Smash Hero
nah the old school guys **** of course (pat bone maple)

havn't been impressed by u young bloods yet

JUST KEEPING IT REAL YA KNOW?

hoping to be proved wrong

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
were starting to travel more so it would support us if you came to our almost triweeklies. we should have it up soon so step up your game socal. pretty soon we will probably even have small weekly tournaments.

also, we play all the time. so if anyone wants to come down and learn our styles and teach us yours, then we will be down. we play at least every other day on a bad week.

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
Considering we really have nobody super ranked like macd, zhu, lovage or whatever in our region i say we're doing fairly well. our best player (or most consistent) is jesse and he's not even ranked (yet). Also we've never really travelled too much, and yes our region will do well against the lower half of the socal pr.

and no johns on camping, i ***** jun's fox wit my falcon. kira is right. you're not used to his style.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Lovage you weren't impressed with Bone at all? Like not even one tiny bit? On a side note SD does need to travel more if we want to be good, and get ranked... step it up guys! I do what little I can, but I will ALWAYS be a punching bag :/
you'll get really good soon. just remember to have a good time!!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Damn it guys you're making assumptions again, please stop it.

One, I already said kira was right, I even supported his point with an example of my own.
Two, I apologize if it sounded like johns, but the point I was trying to make was that I didn't want to waste my mental energy trying on a money match I wasn't enjoying since a) I was told money matches don't count for pr stuff and b) I knew I had to play lucky right after the money match would end. For me at least, trying in smash is pretty exhausting, so I try to conserve my energy for when it matters most.
Three, fine jun beat me in a match I lost interest in. I didn't want to overplay it since I thought mms weren't a big deal. My goodness, I never said I didn't know how to deal with camping, I just didn't want to have to actually deal with it. I think I do relatively fine against stab and 24, who are known for their styles.

Isaac, tbh I don't really like doing mms in the first place, especially on the spot. I guess I'm one of those weirdos with a mindset that can't really get into it unless it's tournament. Sorry if this sounds like I'm making excuses, but it's something I don't think I need to make an effort to change atm, since I don't intend to do many mms.

Ugh all this is giving me such a headache..:(. I never realized smash had drama/tension. Maybe I just shouldn't money match anyone anymore. And frankly, I don't understand where all this hate is coming from, unless I'm just taking all this too personally. Like until just now, I don't think I've said anything about the performances of others, just how I've been doing..

**** now am I looking like the villian? Wtf as strange as this may sound, I really don't want to make enemies guys...:(

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Kira-

Smash Champion

I didn't know MMs counted either, although imo anything $10 and higher should count

but Baka if you didn't know, the smash community is poor, $5 can be 15 tacos dude

Also I nominate Fly to be the 3rd panelist (unless it's already been made). Three is just a good number, less bias, breaks ties, etc. Worked well with me/Oscar/Hugo.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
aahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahahah

damn dude
baka

calm down.
there is no drama. there is no hate.

ur just being hyper sensitive about literally nothing

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'm just glad I am up for consideration. I used to suck really bad and now I suck a little less. I don't care whether or not I end up on the PR or whether the players I beat are ranked.

If you suck, you suck. It doesn't matter where your name is or where your name goes if I beat you. ;) hahaha. In all honesty, I'm just trying to have fun while I can because my time with this game and this region is going to be over soon. :)

<3 SD and it would be great to have some representation in the PR.

---Jesse, SNG #1 Fan, Shaseim4st3r #3 Fan, Lies All The Time and Secretly Thinks He Is Better Than Everyone And Deserves To Be Ranked

Top Bottom