• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I haven't beaten any ranked players this period (unfortunately). I beat 24 back in like, December. I tend to do pretty well when playing ranked people (last stock games with Lovage and Stab, taking Wes to game 5, etc.). I'd like to point out that by whatever chance the only person ranked 11-20 I got to play this period was Stab, so I haven't had many opportunities to test myself in that range.

As far as other potential PR people I've beaten Baka, Tipz, and Sung, but I think that one was also at the end of last period. I've only really lost to ranked players and potential ranked players and place accordingly.

I generally do pretty well in doubles, mostly playing with Manatee, and Baka and I took third last Saturday at Champ's.

Oscar and Johnny seem to have a lot of confidence in me so ask them I guess, haha. That's all :)

Jun.

Smash Lord
There are no Del Taco's near UCSD.

The rich white people here do not approve. Back in Riverside is a different story...

Kira-

Smash Champion
sober kira ain't got nothin on drunk joe!!!

lmao

(miss u already dave <3)
That's okay cuz drunk jason does LOL

Dude I got into Santa Cruz, if I don't get in to UCLA or Berkeley I'll probably be going there

If I am a beast drunk then I don't know it O_o Except for beating sober Alex's falcon 8 times in a row. Unless you weren't talking about melee

edit: lmao! testing fox falco sheik jigglypuff metaknight snake brawl

LOOL bowser ganondorf peach marth rebecca black

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
The only person I've beat on the PR is hyprid and a slew of other random people.

Bone should be ranked, you guys know it's true.

MacD

Banned via Administration
The only person I've beat on the PR is hyprid and a slew of other random people.

Bone should be ranked, you guys know it's true.
who did he beat? i didn't ever keep up with his wins cause i figured he wasn't going to go to stuff

i can think of like 4 other people off the top of my head that i think did better than he did without even knowing who he played

DJMirror

Smash Master
I know Kevin beat Jesse and GT before WinterGameFest tho....Hmmm other than that I'm not too sure

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
who did he beat? i didn't ever keep up with his wins cause i figured he wasn't going to go to stuff

i can think of like 4 other people off the top of my head that i think did better than he did without even knowing who he played
at the last tournament he only beat peligro, he lost to lovage and westballz.

Edit: He should be seeded higher because he's played people like lovage and wes early on at like every tournament he's gone to.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
In my defense I should have won my set with Bone when I beat him in game 3 on Brinstar, but was told afterward that Champ's rules didn't include Brinstar and had to play an extra (4th) game. I was pissed, I played like ****, johns.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
You also can't pick banned stages(He didn't agree to it, he didn't want to go there), wth kinda crap is that?

Plus I think if you were to ask the opinions of the ranked players who have played with bone(in tournament or otherwise) they would all admit he's pretty damn good.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
lanstar did you miss my question?

omg buttered texas toast? hell yeah
Yes he entered at fusion, though for personal reasons I can't really elaborate on his performance was probably his worst in years(<3 bone if you read this I hope it doesn't offend you <3)

DJMirror

Smash Master
Edit: He should be seeded higher because he's played people like lovage and wes early on at like every tournament he's gone to.
OMG with that logic I should totally get seeded higher than bone because I play Joey, Joe, Fiction, MacD and Hyprid all the time =D

yeah?

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
My point is that it's hard to show you're a strong contender if you're constantly put against the absolute best(though I think most people who have played him hold him in at least semi-high regard skill wise)

DJMirror

Smash Master
if he beats them he beats them but until then he doesn't get ranked or anything but everyone knows that old school players still *****

like MikeHAZEEEEEEEEEEEE

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
You also can't pick banned stages(He didn't agree to it, he didn't want to go there), wth kinda crap is that?

Plus I think if you were to ask the opinions of the ranked players who have played with bone(in tournament or otherwise) they would all admit he's pretty damn good.
Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are generally NOT banned (Pound/National ruleset) and I think Champ even recognized this as he said his future tournaments will allow both stages. It is the only tourney I've ever been to where those stages were not allowed.

So is Bone good? Yes. I just wanted to clarify that at ANY other Socal tourney I would've won the set and that I basically got penalized for non-standard rules.

Top Bottom