• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Hello, gents. I'm a smasher from NC. I'm in LA area for the weekend. I doubt I'm going to have time to play smash, but let me know if you are near and can play some, maybe send me your number or the like.

Otherwise, see y'all at Pound.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Naka *****.

I remember you. We put in some good time at Apex. You had some helpful advice. I'll see you at Pound; hopefully I'll show some improvement.

D

Deleted member

my previous post, why i deleted it was cuz i was guna update it then i messed up badly by clicking back on browser

1. mango

2.lucky- very close with zhu, pretty much interchangable. MANGO JR
3.zhu-

4.hugs- could get 2nd easily once rust is gone, until then he might continue to lose to scrubs like me, wes, and oscar

5.fly-sometimes inconsistent but when hes on he ALWAYS *****. this period he had much more **** compared to not ****. If he keeps ****** and hugs keeps getting ***** might get #4

6.me- oscar belongs here but since he is doing "bad" he's at #8 even though he annihilates me whenever he faces me. macD and my accomplishments are similar but i beat him last three sets i played with him so i barely edge him out. Me vs MacD pretty much comes down to who is playing better imo
7.MacD
8. Oscar-

Next period, assuming Wes doesn't go on a crazy **** should be 6. oscar 7. me 8. macd

9. Westballz- Talented falco on the rise, if Oscar gets back to ****** spots 7-9 will be a competition between me, wes, and mccain. needs to stop whining during sets

10. Connor- he could **** but seems like he isn't too into smash atm. not even in his prime yet imo. if he doesn't make moves then probably dropping again (also depends on how Alex19, Larry, Kira do)

11. Eddy-really cool, friendly guy and whenever he shows up he does amazing, beating connor, lucky, etc. Great, smart old school style. Probably going to retain this spot unless something drastic happens or he shows up to more tourneys

12. Alex19- hasn't shown up lately due to work. He's the WORST of the norwalk 3 but he's very dangerous and gay. If he plays more he can easily go up

13. Larry- extremely rusty but still has that unique falco style. He's back into going to tourneys again so once he gets the rust off he should do well again. The rest of Socal though has gotten much better during his Brawl days however..

14. Fiction- Probably shoulda been 13, Fictions on the rise but imo his mentality holds him back a little. Good enough to pull upsets. He definitely has the heart but needs to play without making a list of johns in his head as he is getting smacked up. How he composes himself mentally will determine if he goes up or retains his spot, or drops. if anything Kira is his only real threat to losing this spot

15. Sherigami- not bad, impressive for how little he plays/cares about the game

16. Bizzarro Flame-Used to be pure absolute jank but now he has a lot of substance to his game. jasons good

17. 24- pretty decent but plays absolutely homoe as fk. He will absolutely never approach and shield grabs in every single borderline situation. i have more fun playing hungrybox's puff

18. Stab- campy falco, like 24 despite his flaws his campyness allows him to beat people worse than him with consistency
19. HugQ- he's a homie and he's got the heart to continue to get better at the game
20. Hyprid- fancy sexy marth but worse than me at edgeguarding :c

close (no order):
Baka4moe (good peach)
PELIGRO( good peach)
Sung (good falco)
J666 (best socal link)

not as close:

squid
jkun

would be on if played more:
Kira- Dave will definitely be top 15 or better next period since he's playing again. he still got it and seems much less rusty than larry
Emerican (f*#king ****)
ROFL (really impressed me, old school palmdale luigi who is amazing at getting grabs)
Adam
Kouryuu
Sergio (909 ? peach player, talented)
embracethe12
psychomidget
Maple
Pnoy
KFC
and bunch of other inactives/old school players

future prospect:

TipZ- 805's secret fox..

--
other notes:
as the rankings go towards the bottom it's easily changeable so top 16-20~ is still up for grabs. i predict sung and baka4moe to get up there next period, kira will be top 15+ and hyprid, hugq and stab have a good chance of dropping unless they secure their wins vs talented newcomers

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Thx S2J! I'm definitely going to try hard, I also like your reasoning for the rankings

MacD

Banned via Administration
btw johnny, idk if you know but i beat oscar this period too

5-8 can go any way

if fly hadn't beaten hbox/others at dgdtj, we probably wouldn't have thought he was that impressive this period

if connor really does quit, kira will probably just come in and take his place, so in a way 5-10 could change drastically depending on who stays consistent, if wes starts ******, and depending on where kira falls

emerican

Smash Ace
thanks for the shoutout johnny. probably wont be at another tourney for a long time but i still like knowing people FEARRRR THE FAAAALCOOON!!!

jk.
-b

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hahaha, no ones gonna believe me but i honestly read that post thinking it was ROFL. i remember being confused when i got to the end. my bad brett

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
thanks johnny. it is a pleasure to be on the rankings.

i'll try my best at the next grev. i'm sure that i could get top 5 in it if i had a crowd behind me for every set. is anyone else a crowd feeder like myself?

HugS™

Smash Lord
5.fly-sometimes inconsistent but when hes on he ALWAYS *****. this period he had much more **** compared to not ****. If he keeps ****** and hugs keeps getting ***** might get #4
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Sick analysis

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
whens the next tourny i wanna play against these newly ranked players!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Go to more tourneys lol, i'll be at the next 3

2 people that improved a lot all of a sudden:

- stab
- combofest

it used to be hyprid when he started moving all smooth and quick all of a sudden

I played with stab a few times and gave him advice but he got good on his own. kinda just takes some hard work i think

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
getting good at a game always starts with the first step

figuring out how to **** someone

like you d.ick around or whatever until you find that magical character/move/combo that really does it for you
and then all of a sudden your friends are all over your dic.k

ex. i found a lol character i liked that dominated early game. so i enjoyed dominating. then i perfected ******. then i was 'the best x ive ever seen'

ex2. i never learned how to **** in melee. still suck!!!!!!

Squidster

Smash Ace
Lol I know what I have to do to get better, just gotta set myself to it.

But playing you always really helps (dave.) I should have another smashfest at my place sometime.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Lol I know what I have to do to get better, just gotta set myself to it.

But playing you always really helps (dave.) I should have another smashfest at my place sometime.
YES. I was just talking about how we need another smashfest at your place, the last one was **** lol. i'll help you out for sure though and i'll get stab to tell you what he learned since he's doing a lot better now

I hate and love the DADS. It works so good but it's soo ******** lol

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
i think ima gonna have to go to winterfest to show you guys i can still **** even though i havent played in forever, and to show my sick new car hahaha

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hmm there aren't too many ppl in my area to practice with...macd and connor, could you help me get ranked as well? :D Not so much that, but I really want to get better at this game, and whenever I get advice from you guys at tournies it really helps alot. I'm sorta at the point where I'm having trouble identifying what I need to work on..

lol pasadena's so far.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
baka4moe, you're the closest person besides practiceman to me.

if i knew pasadena is so close, then i could've helped you get ranked by now. heck, i go to my friend's place in temple city often. wanna get some bizz training next week?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
haha wow yeah Bizzaro, that'd be awesome, i didn't know you lived pretty close! i live in 626, near pcc/caltech. i normally have a couple people come over once a week to my apartment, and we organize fests in the 626 thread.

lol i just read your location, ya glendale is relatively close. although ur probably the only ganon i will ever face in tourney tho, haha. training would be great, when are you next free? i have time tomorrow and friday afternoon/evening (i guess it'd be better to continue this conversation in the 626 thread :) )

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i love the peach match-up with fox, falco, falcon, and, of course, ganon. i'll give you awesome training with those chars. i'll tell you when i'm free (probably on the next weekdays) on the 626 thread soon.

Top Bottom