• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

bbb

Smash Champion
kfc training is a lot of protein and salt

shepards probably fat as **** by now

Kira-

Smash Champion
i still think i could beat m2k and tope

and anyone whos not a space animal/ICs

minus armada/hax/scorp

flame away, smashboards =)

MacD

Banned via Administration
should we update this after festizzio's this weekend, that'll have been 2 months

after champs tourney so it is done before dgdtj

or after dgdtj

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I kinda want after festizzio's tourny but there's only been like what 3 tournies since the last update?

I think after DGDTJ is most likely

D

Deleted member

after dgdtj

only about 3.3 tourneys happened between last period and now

HugS™

Smash Lord
Ay McCain, you should stop being a cookster. (coo-k-stir)

No one plays like you and we don't know the peach matchup as a result.

Kira-

Smash Champion
yea thats why u ***** plank

everyone else sucks against sheik with peach

unknownpresence - that is why i can win

HugS™

Smash Lord
LOL absolutely not Zhu. Who from Socal has ever, EVER had problems fighting a Samus?

If you're claiming that playing my Samus doesn't help you in other matchups, well then yeah, of course it won't help you learn other matchups.

Sheik/Marth/Fox/Falco/Falcon/Peach =/= Samus

However, if you're claiming my Samus doesn't help you with the game in general or with the Samus matchup, I would strongly disagree.

McCain helps us with the game in a way that helps us deal with other kooksters. Helps us learn patience, spotting exploitable habits, and dealing with frustration. Solid general game knowledge. However, I just don't think it helps in a way that lets us learn the Peach matchup very effectively. That is, it's not a fundamental necessity for Peach to dash attack/dsmash 10 times per stock, yet that's what we're learning about the Peach matchup.

I mean, I play weird, but there's been no better way to play my character for 5 years. So really, I just play Samus the way she should be played. I'm a kookster as a result of my character choice and not my choice of style. Big difference.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Playing hugs definitely helps! Its like he punishes all ur bad habits so much that u stop doing them :D
i would say playing hugs helps me more than anyone else

MacD

Banned via Administration
idk how much differently i can play against samus than other peaches would, not like my normal bag of tricks would work well

but i have some things i want to try/work on, which might make me a tad less kooky, or just a smarter kook, who knows

HugS™

Smash Lord
Connor, you give up before we ever even begin to play. So for me specifically, it doesn't count even though it's good.

Top Bottom