• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
are brian and trahh really MMing at GSG2?

I'd probably bet on trahh (nothing personal brian). make it happen!!

Brian

Smash Journeyman
it's probably worth betting against me
since the beginning of july ive played only a handful of times
tbh i only asked to give myself a clear goal to work towards
plus he's probably not gonna show anyways

DJMirror

Smash Master
I stop being hyped for MMs because almost all of them didn't happen like HugS vs Scar so I doubt that guy will drive 8 something hours to MM 20 bucks with SuperRad.

I highly doubt it that Trahh guy will show up for a tournament.

bbb

Smash Champion
if I was there

I would FORCE it to be hype

my homie brian deserves nothing less

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I highly doubt it that Trahh guy will show up for a tournament.
Lol, why do you say that like i'm known to not show up for tournaments or something? D: i've drove to a couple nationals in cali the past few years.

anyways, i'm not gonna 100% GSG2 yet or anything, the 9 hours is the only part stopping me. when is it?

oh, dgdtj = gsg2?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

flying into norcal would be ****in' convenient.

then i gotta find a hotel since im unknown

i forgot some friends are still trying to go to this, maybe i'll swoop a ride

D

Deleted member

flying into norcal would be ****in' convenient.

then i gotta find a hotel since im unknown

norcal is one of the nicest regions. if you aren't a f@g then u can probably find housing easily

debaser

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering why it's not the white ranger. falcon zord, people? seems like a no brainer.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Swoop away, baby! . . . . I believe I asked you to join us for this =D

Hey brian, hey joe!
Will be nice to run into you guys again and do a friendly or two.
im like 90% coming to this, pending on once i confirm that this battery light that keeps coming on in my car IS only a minor connection problem. . . . not really the best with cars. . . .

he is my neighbor
*** yo tetris skill!!!!

D

Deleted member

I played that game on my friend's steam account

its not bad, but huge time sink even on fastest speed, haven't tried online though maybe thats where the real fun is. decent investment for me since i got to play and get bored of it for free

i am definitely more of a starcraft guy

favorite team is germany, they ****

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Online games can go decently fast if there isn't too much lag (although by 'decently fast' I mean relative to playing a full offline game up to Modern/Future era). It's extremely rare for online play to last until the time when science/time victory becomes relevant, though of course that depends on a bunch of different things like barbarian/city-state/landmass settings. And usually it becomes apparent who the winner will be a while before it's actually over. My average online 6 player FFA pangaea game on quick speed lasts 2.5 hours or so.

So yeah, it's definitely an investment, but I love how different every game is, and how you have to switch up your planned strategies depending on your starting spot and who your neighbors are, and I like seeing how early decisions affect the later game. The AI is also really stupid, and it's much different playing a human opponent. Online is played with simultaneous turns, so combat can get interesting.

Germany is pretty beast, I use China myself.

JDM

Smash Champion
(August 2006, Brazil) August brings us a winner from Brazil, who tried to disassemble a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) by driving back and forth over it with a car. This technique was ineffective, so he escalated to pounding the RPG with a sledgehammer. The second try worked--in a sense. The explosion proved fatal to one man, six cars, and the repair shop wherein the efforts took place.
Fourteen more RPG were found in a car parked nearby. Police believe the ammunition was being scavenged to sell as scrap metal. If it wasn't scrap then, it certainly is now!

Darwin awards are amazing to read.

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2006-04.html

Some men will got to extraordinary lengths to prove how macho they are. Frenchman Pierre Pumpille recently shunted a stationary car two feet by headbutting it. "Women thought I was a god," he explained from his hospital bed.
Deity or not, however, Pumpille is a veritable girl's blouse compared to Polish farmer Krystof Azninski, who staked a strong claim to being Europe's most macho man by cutting off his own head in 1995. Azninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip naked and play some "men's games". Initially they hit each other over the head with frozen turnips, but then one man upped the ante by seizing a chainsaw and cutting off the end of his foot. Not to be outdone, Azninski grabbed the saw and, shouting "Watch this then," he swung at his own head and chopped it off.

"It's funny," said one companion, "when he was young he put on his sister's underwear. But he died like a man."

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1996-07.html

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I love how Hyuga can tell somebody they aren't funny and they proceed to edit their post.

Never get tired of watching noobs run off with their tails between their legs and their noses covered in poop.

Top Bottom