• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol just because this is how you play does not mean that's how they should be played
lol you don't like getting grabs with those characters? i dont know any better way to get good damage in at low percents.

i camped so hard this weekend- and i did better than usual LOL

Kira-

Smash Champion
Fly! You know our characters have to camp extra hard in order to win! I should've ran the timer out on Eddy Mexico- How can a Luigi catch a sheik on DK64!?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
THAN
K GOD WE HAVE VIRGILIJUS TO THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
IF ONLY ONE CHILD IS KEPT IGNORANT OF SEX FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER, DOESN'T THAT MEAN IT WAS ALL WORTH IT???
Ah yes, these posts. How I've missed them so.

We've talked about this so many times. I don't know if any of you have ever talked to the admins about it in Forum Support, but if you want to actually try to get the rules changed instead of just trying to troll me for responses I suggest you go there.

Also, do you live in LA stabbed?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
wtf?
you say stuff like this all the time :confused::confused::confused::confused:
huh

lol you don't like getting grabs with those characters? i dont know any better way to get good damage in at low percents.
you can be aggressive at any percent as long as your spacing is correct. most characters can hella outcamp marth so marth has to be aggressive. sheik maybe, maybe not, but the best sheiks are more aggressive than not; i think camping just puts the pressure on you to be perfect. but the better people you play the less effective it becomes

Fabian

Smash Journeyman

i camped so hard this weekend- and i did better than usual LOL
GG beating BO10 this weekend

and iono why you and lovage are listening to adam
he's beneath your guys skill level

i just said that cuz theres been a lack of trolling lately and someone has to get adam started lmaaooo
eventually kouryuu or someone is gonna get caught up in it and this post will have been long forgotten

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
GG beating BO10 this weekend

and iono why you and lovage are listening to adam
he's beneath your guys skill level

i just said that cuz theres been a lack of trolling lately and someone has to get adam started lmaaooo
eventually kouryuu or someone is gonna get caught up in it and this post will have been long forgotten
lmao fabian :chuckle:

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
lol Fabian.

falco and puff are the most fun, they have the most situations to adapt and play differently to and all their moves have good purposes that can be used in a lot of different ways. They also have very unique playstyles, nobody else controls the stage with lasers or can move in the air that well, and both have really fun shield pressure techniques and we all know shield pressure is the most fun part about this game.
Peach is the funnest character in this game! Especially when you have tech skill (sup Connor).

I've tried numerous characters, from Falcon to Sheik to Marth and I still think Peach is the most fun. I never get bored of her lol.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
marth and falco are definetly the most fun characters in the game
i mean look at how taj dash dances
tell me that doesn't make your ***** hard

Drecker

Smash Ace
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (11:09:21 PM): brawl tournament?
Voodoo Dues (11:09:28 PM): Melee.
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (11:09:28 PM): charge ****** tax
Craaaaazy C0nn0r (11:09:30 PM): oh nvm

Kira-

Smash Champion
you can be aggressive at any percent as long as your spacing is correct. most characters can hella outcamp marth so marth has to be aggressive. sheik maybe, maybe not, but the best sheiks are more aggressive than not; i think camping just puts the pressure on you to be perfect. but the better people you play the less effective it becomes
being aggressive and spacing correctly at the same time is like the hardest thing in this game O_o

you can still camp while you're being camped... just you have to do it a little closer to them so they're scared of shooting projectiles

camping makes things easy mode, you just have to camp REALLY hard and not let up on your camping. there's no way i could fight anyone straight up- but if i camp everything becomes that much easier lol

Peach is the funnest character in this game! Especially when you have tech skill (sup Connor).

I've tried numerous characters, from Falcon to Sheik to Marth and I still think Peach is the most fun. I never get bored of her lol.
lol only you would have fun playing peach the way you do. everyone else gets tired of float/space/fair. also connor is the only person who disproves ken's peach theory imo

/random

Adam M!

Smash Lord
being aggressive and spacing correctly at the same time is like the hardest thing in this game O_o
LOL wtf. spacing is an art form, you either do it well almost all the time and have great spacing... or you panic at bad situations and your spacing slips and you don't have good spacing.

it's harder for sheik but only in the sense that she can only get away with like her aerials (mostly bair / nair) and needles, and none of them combo -- it's just hit and run for 30-40%. but grab to tech chase solves that problem too

camping makes things easy mode, you just have to camp REALLY hard and not let up on your camping. there's no way i could fight anyone straight up- but if i camp everything becomes that much easier lol
yeah, but that only works now. the problem with camping is that you are never putting pressure on your opponent, and good players will never randomly mess up stuff unless you put pressure on them. putting pressure on them is how noob habits come out. so if you run into anyone better than you, they can just outcamp you (because if they're better than you and focus on outcamping you, they'll win).

so as soon as everyone gets good enough / you reach a level where everyone is good enough, you'll have to retool your whole style (or otherwise face the limitation your style has brought you to). just look at how many top players camp. i can't even think of any non-peach to be honest. m2k's the closest you get to a campy style and he's a good example for me anyway because 1. at his peak he didn't camp nearly as hard as he does now and 2. his campy style has eventually led to his demise once the metagame caught up

also connor is the only person who disproves ken's peach theory imo
connor is fat tho

charlie from the claremont colleges totally disproves it, even tho his peach plays gay as ***

joeplicate

Smash Master
Ah yes, these posts. How I've missed them so.

We've talked about this so many times. I don't know if any of you have ever talked to the admins about it in Forum Support, but if you want to actually try to get the rules changed instead of just trying to troll me for responses I suggest you go there.

Also, do you live in LA stabbed?
vrgjliuxs

the soonest he'll have any free time is january

Kira-

Smash Champion
@ adam

1. you can have good spacing and still not be good at approaching
2. you talk about "messing up" as if you should never do it and play perfectly all the time. That's obviously impossible.
3. lol everybody in the world camps, ESPECIALLY m2k, it's very hard for me to see how someone could think m2k doesn't (or didn't) camp. his only approach is pretending like he's going to approach but actually camping. it's not the camping that holds him back- it's just the fact that he's predictable.

4. i wonder what that level is where i have to face my limitation- cause i haven't met it yet and everyone's getting tons better all the time. i definitely leveled up at pat's house; i did things i've never done before and played the game differently (and better) than before lol and i think some of my results reflected that

connor's not a white guy lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
originally it was big fat white guy but they changed it by saying any fat guy, not just white

also, connor is still a fox main too, so he hasn't completely crossed to the darkside yet

Kira-

Smash Champion
exactly. a good player will seem to "mess up" more often against another good player than a bad one. it's the same reason why your tech skill is great against level 1 cpus or against your noob training buddy but it sucks "all-of-a-sudden" against someone like zhu. better players make you play "worse" (note: if you don't get it, there are quotes bc you don't actually play worse, it's just the other player making it seem like you're playing worse)

the problem with camping is that you are never putting pressure on your opponent, and good players will never randomly mess up stuff unless you put pressure on them.
you can't really rely on people randomly messing up in order to beat them. you just have to straight up outplay them. camping is not the problem here. if anything, it makes it easier to predict and punish than being aggressive.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
edited because i realized kira is the last person i'd ever try to help anyway

hope no one saw it

Top Bottom