• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Adam M!

Smash Lord
omybad

sry im not that serious guys. You all can cuss back at me if you want

Also its "an* *******"
If I guessed the right word

Edit: Edited just for u to be 75% less mean
no i said jack--- noob, i wouldn't forget the an

thanks, i thought you were gonna get defensive from my post in all honesty

anyway, you guys are misinterpreting gsub. he's a kid, and by definition, he thinks he knows more than he does. all of us are the same way, to varying degrees. at least he's trying, which is more than i can say for most of you.

but ironically enough, what TLR said is correct. you are trying too hard, and it's funny because the harder you try in smash, usually the further away from your goal you get. almost everyone better than you has been exactly where you are, and just like everyone who has been where you are, you're only going to learn the hard way. it's best to just accept that now and make it as painless (or painful, depending on your point of view) as possible

D

Deleted member

I think color blindness is X chromosome sex linked

so a guy with the X color blindness chromosome will have it 100%

but a girl will carry it Xx and need 2 of them to be blind

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
socrates is badass instead of accepting an offer to escape prison he drank the poison

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
girl problems

do you guys have any advice
i'll give any details as needed

i don't know how to talk to this girl i like
err i have
but i made a fool of myself already
lol

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
how old are you?
if youre still in high school, stop.

in real life, if she doesnt like you, its already over before you started. so give up. getting 'hung up' on a girl is not a legit excuse.

just treat her like a normal person. stop being shy and stop planning conversations. just chill out, and if no conversations ever work out, this probably wont work out either

:024:

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
19ish
third year college

i don't know if that changes things

lol i am the type to get hung up on a girl and not wanna give up sigh

i just wanna win her over though, you know?

i can talk to her now pretty normal i think

i will say though that i asked her out and she basically said no and she was gonna say something else but i had to goo...
is that a deal-breaker and should i just stop being naive or something?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
the last person i would take advice from about chicks is brendan fwiw

anyway, the best advice anyone can give you is

don't put the ***** on the pedastal

since you already have, you've lost

so you got two options:

give up and move on

don't care and make a fool out of yourself, knowing you are not getting this girl but better preparing yourself for future ones

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord

so you got two options:

give up and move on

don't care and make a fool out of yourself, knowing you are not getting this girl but better preparing yourself for future ones
****!

ok so then i need to learn not to do that
any advice for that?

seriously i ****ed up the last time because i put the girl on a pedestal

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Don't those go hand in hand? Maybe it was a joke and I didn't catch it?

Yeah, probably was.
uhhh you do know it's possible to give up without moving on

"oh this girl is never going to get with me"

"i'll just start thinking about her every waking second of my life, ruminating"

think before you post

TLR: talk to more *****es. the more you talk to, the more you realize they're just as stupid as everyone else and you no longer care about their approval.

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
you miss the big picture.

smashing your hands in a grinder for generations won't have the kids have grinded hands, that's what Lamarck essentially believed. It was a SCIENTIFIC THEORY. They are backed by
copious amounts of evidence, can be believed by the general scientific community (like how most believed in Lamarck's bull**** theory" but can generally never be considered 100% the truth. Some breakthrough in modern thought can turn a theory up side down
scientific theories don't have to have undergone tests/studies to be theories. All they have to do is

A. Make predictions about some aspect of our world/nature/the universe

and

B. Be testable (in theory)

you don't even have to technically have the ability to test them in reality.

of course, the good ones are usually tested in some form.
A hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. Basically, if evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon. One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.

A law generalizes a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws explain things, but they do not describe them. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'.
Natural selection doesn't have to be "natural." In general evolutionary biologists speak of "selection pressures." Obviously there are still selection pressures today, but because of society and medicine etc., they are very different from what they were thousands of years ago; many things are now irrelevant, like the vision thing that was brought up. And if there is little or no selection pressure on something, it tends to atrophy over the course of generations, like the eyes of moles. So I believe that yes, anything that our technology has the ability to fix reliably and does, the 'deficiency' can only get 'worse' over time, unless you want to get into eugenics.

Also, Socrates is a badass. When he was asked what punishment he should receive after being convicted for 'corrupting the youth of Athens,' he suggested he should be given free meals and pension for the rest of his life.
MY BRAIN!!! Its 2 much..:psycho:
i <3 socal

**** You GSUB!!!!
my my dirty mouth

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Does any one here watch the show Madmen? I'm catching up on Dexter, need a new good show and heard good things about it.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Dexter is such a relate-able protagonist!

(Actually just watched it for the first time today, I thought I wouldn't like it due to him being a serial killer and that basically encouraging the desensitization of the modern US, buttt, he had his reasons for doing what he did, so I actually liked it!)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero

so you got two options:

give up and move on

;)
x

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Does any one here watch the show Madmen? I'm catching up on Dexter, need a new good show and heard good things about it.
the wire makes every other show pale in comparison, to be honest

rome is also awesome

Dexter is such a relate-able protagonist!

(Actually just watched it for the first time today, I thought I wouldn't like it due to him being a serial killer and that basically encouraging the desensitization of the modern US, buttt, he had his reasons for doing what he did, so I actually liked it!
LOL what are you talking about

dexter actually symbolizes a superhero

Kira-

Smash Champion
****!

ok so then i need to learn not to do that
any advice for that?

seriously i ****ed up the last time because i put the girl on a pedestal
the girl ain't **** and you're way too cool for her
but you'll talk to her because it's entertaining how dumb she is

this will be learned through time. as you gain more confidence from each encounter you'll start to see better results. so dont get impatient but build up your experience

Madmen is fan tastic

but i've only seen the 1st season =(

you guys do realize that shows only get "better" because you become more involved with the characters. most of the time, they get worse. but im sure adam could say something about that as he knows a lot more TV than I do

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
you guys do realize that shows only get "better" because you become more involved with the characters.
Though on the flip side, you might get more involved because the writing and episodes are getting better. I think Battlestar Galactica is a good example of this, if any one else watched it. But yes, most shows go completely downhill.

*looks at Heroes*

durrr: what's The Wire about?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I think color blindness is X chromosome sex linked

so a guy with the X color blindness chromosome will have it 100%

but a girl will carry it Xx and need 2 of them to be blind

actually guys get it because they dont have two Xs... like the guy's X chromosome is messed up and because the other one is a Y, he doesnt have the good gene to fix it .. girls never get color blind because if one of their X chromosomes is messed up, then the other X is straight. yayy ap bio like 2 years ago lol

<3 you s2j

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
you know she wanted the ****
i could hear it in her voice
too bad she turned out to be fat

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
actually guys get it because they dont have two Xs... like the guy's X chromosome is messed up and because the other one is a Y, he doesnt have the good gene to fix it .. girls never get color blind because if one of their X chromosomes is messed up, then the other X is straight. yayy ap bio like 2 years ago lol

<3 you s2j
So, chix are less likely to get color blind? Thats 1 for chix/ 2000 for dudes:psycho:

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
it's widely considered to be the best TV show though
I may give it a shot. If your blowing it out of proportions though, **** you

I just remember when I was faded and they were talking chess, and about pawns becoming kings and stuff. ****'s deep

Top Bottom