• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i've always wanted to play magic...but then i heard that it got dumb

and dantefox...they're spell cards now silly!

MacD

Banned via Administration
hey TLR, do you play much yugioh

we both make a proxy deck following whatever the current rules are and see who is better, i know my deck ***** under like 2005 rules, but i heard cyber jar isn't legal anymore... hella whack

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
hey TLR, do you play much yugioh

we both make a proxy deck following whatever the current rules are and see who is better, i know my deck ***** under like 2005 rules, but i heard cyber jar isn't legal anymore... hella whack
i stopped playing when dark armed dragon came out

though i did go to a regional tournament and placed ok around that time

but i know how to play still i think since i played WC09 for ds

i looooooooooved cyber jar

and tribe infecting virus

**** *** cards

but yeah i'll play you

wait do you want to play like hardcore competitive decks or random decks?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
coolio

i was going to be very unexcited about this really fast otherwise lol

if you want you can borrow some of my cards to build your deck in case you need any

MacD

lol, lets jsut say my deck is about as old as teh blue eyes expansion packs, i know i bought a starter kit and a couple boosters but nothing good as far as i remember

sounds like fun though, can't wait

MacD

oh maaan lol

you definitely need to proxy haha

edit: when will this playdate be???
well i won't get back till around the 19th of september, but i might go back a few days early to visit the 805 and people before school starts... so it'll be a while, maybe if pat ever hosts a smashfest again

joeplicate

Smash Master
practicing tech skill so, so good

i probably just played for like 2 straight hours
vs a blank samus, on dreamland
changing the way i grip the controller
grinding things on my bad side
finally learning shine > platform waveland
smooth, fast isai dropping
random pretty tech exercises (backflip, frontflip, backflip, all the way across)
getting comfortable on the left side of the stage, instead of right
shine turnaround dancing
shffls, fullhop aerial control

and i realized that fox's bair autocancels ridiculously early
you can fulljump, hit it halfway up so the meaty part pressures dreamland platforms, then fastfall about perfectly and still get it. you can fulljump and autocancel it ONTO a platform (if you're fast), and theoretically isai drop back down afterwards, which is pretty crazy. honestly fullhop bair seems so useful for platforms, plus there are so many mixups you could do afterwards (shine up to platform, waveland grab).

the moral of the story is, if you practice tech skill just moving around a level, you'll learn so many new things, and get to be extremely comfortable with your character. after i go to sleep i'm going to try focusing on situational practice (vs computer), that should be interesting too.

edit: oscar
I thought of a really good use for shai dropping
when you dair on top of a platform, and your opponent knows you wanna fall through with another one and WDs back, and waits for you
run forward more to follow them above the platform, then shai drop down with more pressure

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
boss! bring maple n pnoy to more tourneys lol we need more good smashers attending
i havnt played in sooo long...been getting nasty on that halo 3. anyway...yea we will all be cruisin to more tournies here and there...i'm moving to long beach in september and maple will be in irvine. come smash tonight...!

STD'S!?!?!?

Always reminds me of the True Life with KillaOR . . .
Oh MLG....
ha...that truelife is ridic. stds for the win

dude 818 and 805 have been meeting up in beautiful harmony for some stds this last week

it's good
meet up tonight in 760...smash till tomorrow sonnnnn

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Alright 805 I've had it. I keep watering this plant of a friendship, and even sometimes I spend the big bucks and buy wacka-ss **** like miracle grow or soul glow. I talked to you like everyday hoping you would grow and give me cherries or apples or burritos, but this plant it... It never made it.

What did I do wrong 805? Was it that time I got drunk and pissed on you? Or the time I thought I could smoke you?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i just realized fiber jar was the whole point of why my deck was good...

now what i am supposed to do with my deck :(
YVD and proxy like hell lol

if you want i could make you a list of the extra cards i have and send them to you via PM

joeplicate

Smash Master
when you get down to it, i think it's just that slo is really far =\

the way it is now, we'd have to get a group together to go down and make it like a weekend trip. since it's summer, and nobody has any initiative anyways, ****'s just really hard to put together. let it be known that i'm still down =]

Top Bottom