• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
you don't know whatsup until you've eaten those WWF (now WWE) ice cream bars. they go for like 1.50 and rare to find ice cream men can't seem to keep them in stock they crack for the kids
i remember those things

that was what i always got

why were they so good

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Well, that is your opinion and you can hold to it. But the owners think otherwise. Whether it is a more liberal or conservative estimate of age is clearly up to debate, but that is an entirely other debate.
Maybe, but that's not really what I wanted to talk about in that response anyway, that was more of an aside; the important point being that the words are only "profane" because of cultural assimilation, religious pressure, and social inertia, not because of anything rational.

And where do you draw the line? With that logic, anyone can say anything they want and claim the meaning was different from the one interpreted by everyone else. But obviously, that would lead to a very harsh environment. It's MLG's opinion that that would be unwelcome for the majority of young posters. Whether or not that falls in line with the status quo is irrelevant.
Again, censoring IDEAS is not at hand here, it's censoring a WORD IN ANY CONTEXT. Simply quoting and discussing a word (which is all I did in my posts) by definition has no meaning, since I'm referring to the word itself and not any meaning that people attach to it.

He was not overly familiar with the content, but the words. If he had just been talking with me and his other close friends, it would have been fine and none of us cared. But there were people there he did not know and decided to speak on the side of caution. Any new member can view these boards. So, we ask you to be formal in that case as well. You aren't just talking to each other: you're talking to everyone. And MLG feels that is cause for some reservations in speaking (as we've both talked of before).
No, by 'overfamiliarity' I mean he is talking to them in a way that assumes too much familiarity in their relationship, which you can do with words that aren't 'profane,' point being that the profanity isn't the important part of the thing.

But if that is what "MLG feels," then there is an obvious solution, which is an optional profanity filter which is on by default. This is exactly what WoW has, which has a similar demographic and a much larger user base. I'm sure you can't honestly believe that moderating words is a fruitful and constructive use of your moderation duties. An optional, default-on filter solves everyone's problems.

Yes, but the problem with posting it here is that many of your fellow posters get overzealous and then post things they shouldn't (rule wise), and I'd like to avoid that.
Haha, and we can't have rabble-rousers, can we ;)
Why do we have rules? So others don't interfere with another's use/enjoyment of the website. If the rule itself is interfering more than those who would violate it, then it's time to scrap it or find a workaround (see above).

I don't see how changing a tradition to what you want and ignoring a trdition so that you do what you want are any different in the case of an individual.
What. Because it's not trying to establish a tradition, it's pretty simple; it's trying to get away from the fallacy of just doing something because 'that's the way it's always been done.'

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Oh right, ice cream.

Godiva used to make ice cream that was baller. White chocolate raspberry and cappuccino with chocolate hearts were amazing. I usually don't like of chunks of stuff in my ice cream, because the texture gets messed up. Mostly I don't like chocolate chips that get really hard when they are cold. Chocolate chunks in ice cream should melt very easily.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
strawberry and vanilla.

if gourmet or whatever, i like ben and jerry's magic brownies. it's black raspberry ice cream swirled with sweet cream ice cream & fudge brownies.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Who remembers Ben & Jerry's Festivus ice cream?
It was like cinnamon ice cream with gingerbread dough in it or something, and it was excellent.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I remember seeing it, but not buying it. It's a bummer when Ben and Jerry's removes their good flavors.
Does anyone remember Mint Condition? I think it was one of the first Ben and Jerry ice creams to take two different flavors and combine them. Mint ice cream with oreo chunks mixed with chocolate icecream with mint chocolate chunks. It was amazing, and sadly, disappeared too soon.

I also used to occasionally get "Bovinity Divinity". The only thing I remember about it was that it had chocolate cows in it.

Kira-

Smash Champion
coffee ice cream is my favorite flavor

i get haagen dazs because it's all i know and it has multiple nostalgic values incorporated with it

but i wouldnt be surprised if there was a better brand for that flavor

D

Deleted member

Dreyer's Fruit bars are good

Green Tea Ice Cream/ Frozen Yogurt is good too

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
Ben and Jerry's Half Baked is my go to ice cream of choice. I rarely buy ice cream, so getting a pint of Half Baked is a nice treat once in a blue moon.
YES chocolaty brownie goodness i mess with half baked too

but if yall wanna try something amazing
go to diary queen
order a strawberry cheesequake blizzard
but ask them to throw in some of the crust pieces from the banana cream pie blizzard
its AMAZING

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mint Chip is pretty good

This flavor is also really good from Baskin Robbins

We start with a swirl of Green Apple, Blue Raspberry and Fruit Punch sherbets for a combination bursting with flavor.

DontLoseUrLuggage

Smash Cadet
dang did you know falco can get off 3 lasers when doing a fullhop from the side platform to the top platform on yoshi story?

i'm gonna **** recovering sheiks, fullhop to top platform triple laser, short hop to lower platform double laser, rinse and repeat

D

Deleted member

It's better to charge a down smash out of range of Fox and have the wind push me towards him as he gets up on Dreamland

Top Bottom