• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Nashun

Smash Ace
Heyyyyyyy, I vaguely remember you! You were the guy that played J!US at OC3. I thought you were good before I knew how broken the big 3 were. lololol

Solo supportless jus match? I haven't played in like... 2 years, but that game can be fun in moderation.

I'll talk to LoVo and see if he's down for the MM.

And yeah, E. Honda is a beast. If you don't have fireballs, anyway.

Anyone here actually play SF4/have it for 360? I'd love to play some matches of that, too.

EDIT:

Word.
Yeah, I'll play you on JUS. Just hit me up on AIM. It's the easiest way to contact me. NasuHasano155

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I dont want another Tube tv lol i just want some HD TV or something like your tv you had back then but it doesn't lag cuz someone told me one of the flat tv doesn't lag for melee so i was like "i want to get one"
do some research online and check what type/brand those are
i know some tvs come with something like game mode but i dont even know if that helps with lag

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
ya i was just reading up on that atm
you might have to get a tv with 120 Hz refresh rate
most normal tvs come with 60 Hz refresh rate
i read that jvc has some and they cost around $2000

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
who started eat a d!ck?

first person i heard use it was mike haze

or was it the Iced Tea fellow who said it to soulja boy?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
all you haters

play my fuerte in mm
how much can i make off you?

spiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrow
spiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrowspiralarrow
cannon spike

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
cammy is DUMB good vs chars without an uppercut

spiral arrowing on their wakeup (as a meaty hit) is always punishable, but the timing, spacing, and which kick i push are always variable, so its incredibly hard to punish. you can guard it for 2 hits of chip damage, or try and punish and get cannon spiked.

rinse and repeat

until 50% health and you get your ultra, then i have to stop ****ing around and ****** without trying

Lovage

Smash Hero
lovage today

you can edge cancel a love drop, easiest instance i found was marth on fod. love drop off the low side platform and you should edge cancel on ledge. (you dont know what love dropping is? wow what a n00b. it's shielding during a walkoff so you tumble instead of fall.)

i think marth can combo reverse nair into dair. i did it to falcon today high percent. nair hit him behind me an high percent, full hop dair spike

Lovage

Smash Hero
eggz just told me some really interesting stuff about timing your shine to cancel it on platforms but im too tired to play with it tonight so ill do it tomorrow

festizzio

Smash Champion
lovage today

you can edge cancel a love drop, easiest instance i found was marth on fod. love drop off the low side platform and you should edge cancel on ledge. (you dont know what love dropping is? wow what a n00b. it's shielding during a walkoff so you tumble instead of fall.)

i think marth can combo reverse nair into dair. i did it to falcon today high percent. nair hit him behind me an high percent, full hop dair spike
i saw this post and it reminded me of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLcadt_qswg

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
cammy is DUMB good vs chars without an uppercut

spiral arrowing on their wakeup (as a meaty hit) is always punishable, but the timing, spacing, and which kick i push are always variable, so its incredibly hard to punish. you can guard it for 2 hits of chip damage, or try and punish and get cannon spiked.

rinse and repeat

until 50% health and you get your ultra, then i have to stop ****ing around and ****** without trying
Except Chun. And prolly Honda. And prolly Gief.

They can just backdash on wakeup unless they're in the corner, you know that, right? It ruins almost every single meaty ever.

Doesn't help that they can vary the timing by choosing whether to tech or not.

Cammy is actually pretty bad. Timotee was playing her for a while, and she gets screwed over by the fact that she has the shortest grab, the backdash with the least invincibility (yeah, it's fast, but characters with the same frames of backdash/recovery have longer invincibility frames), and a few moves that are alltogether useless.

Seriously, Spin Knuckle is useless for going through fireballs. Even when he predicts a kikou and I'm not paying attention, I can pop him in the face with s.FP before the spin knuckle gets to me.

Or grab. Or combo. Or whatever.

It's alright for making them whiff pokes with long recovery and punishing, but so is SA'ing. D:

EX cannon spike (or whichever one it is that goes under fireballs) is hot, though.

Pick up Rufus. Anything she can do, he can do better.

GSUB

Smash Lord

They can just backdash on wakeup unless they're in the corner, you know that, right? It ruins almost every single meaty ever.

Doesn't help that they can vary the timing by choosing whether to tech or not.

Cammy is actually pretty bad. Timotee was playing her for a while, and she gets screwed over by the fact that she has the shortest grab, the backdash with the least invincibility (yeah, it's fast, but characters with the same frames of backdash/recovery have longer invincibility frames), and a few moves that are alltogether useless.

Seriously, Spin Knuckle is useless for going through fireballs. Even when he predicts a kikou and I'm not paying attention, I can pop him in the face with s.FP before the spin knuckle gets to me.

Or grab. Or combo. Or whatever.

It's alright for making them whiff pokes with long recovery and punishing, but so is SA'ing. D:

EX cannon spike (or whichever one it is that goes under fireballs) is hot, though.

What the f*ck.
I don't want to read all this.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero

yes
maybe, but we're probably both exaggerating
spin knuckle is alright
spiral arrow is hella meaty, and spammable until they have a reversal (EX: things)

probably lol
im playing cammy until i get fed up with her being **** teir, but only if that happens

Top Bottom