• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol @ jiggly actually being midtier

the best edge guard game + the best punish game + one of the best shield pressure games = not mid tier

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Jiggs was probably mid tier cause no one rested like Mango does. In King's case, he said a long time chose not to rest at every moment because it'd be too boring for him. Mango has fun resting people on Arwings and at 11%. I was never sure why people never thought of that stuff sooner.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
wooooow p

puffs mid tier in case u didnt

remeber

-mango
Yeah and Marth is still 4th, after Falco and Sheik

-_-

Hey I'll MM someone in this new thing I thought up just now

Rules:

Like a crew battle except two people use 5 different characters

Characters have to be written down so you can't change which ones you're gonna use

I pick Fox Falco Marth Sheik Falcon ^^

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Yeah and Marth is still 4th, after Falco and Sheik

-_-

Hey I'll MM someone in this new thing I thought up just now

Rules:

Like a crew battle except two people use 5 different characters

Characters have to be written down so you can't change which ones you're gonna use

I pick Fox Falco Marth Sheik Falcon ^^
Sorry Kira, Sheridan beat you to this idea. We used a 3 char version of this at a biweekly.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I say you just go random for every character.

Haha, LoVo and a few of us have done MMs where you start on the top left, and work your way down. First person to lose with all the characters is... erm... the loser.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Hmm... fine then I ban mains. And if someone has multiple mains then THEIR LOSS (jk). Was it fun? Or is it kinda basic still?
I didnt enter that tourney myself, but people didnt realy oppose to the idea. We applied this to pools of that biweekly, but let brackets run normally. Bob$ even offered to my friend to use the format in a bracket match and he agreed, so there are some people who like this idea.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ok but the things about jiggs are

-gets ***** on pokefloats rainobow cruise final greens greens

i wish i could say corneria but yea xD

She gets camped

U pretty much know whats coming from her all aerials

dies at dumb percent

if i miss a rest =/

getting grabed = no good

the list goes on ^_^

and for the record im pretty sure id win that kira

i can use every character

i beat p with sheik in dittos

i beat larry with falcon

i beat hugs with falco

the list goes on =D

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
ok but the things about jiggs are

-gets ***** on pokefloats rainobow cruise final greens greens
the only character that's going to pick those stages (besides final) is a fox, and fox ***** sheik / most of the characters in the game on those stages. at least with jigglypuff you can mitigate even the biggest advantages with rests and edge guarding.

She gets camped
Yeah, but camping isn't really the most efficient strategy in this game. Being the aggressor is always preferable. So very few players are actually good enough at camping to just be able to switch to a camping game and succeed. And any good Jigglypuff main has to devote a large portion of her game to learning how to get around camping anyway -- it's hard but it's not impossible, and once you get it it's not a big deal.

U pretty much know whats coming from her all aerials
So? You can't stop them so what does it matter. That goes for every character in this game.

Most of the severe negative qualities about Jiggs are more like big learning curves rather than absolute challenges that you cannot negate. That just makes her harder to pick up and use than a Sheik or Falcon, but her top game is much much better than those characters.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
most people cant play puff

because they dont have the patience and what not

and fighting against puff is sooooooooooo easy

omg

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
I just came home from playing Melee for seven hours straight...................................... I love this game too much....

LuCKy

Smash Master
So very few players are actually good enough at camping to just be able to switch to a camping game and succeed.
i can do that.....but thats probably because im better at camping then the way i play now lol

oh wellz i guess.........wonder when the last time i camped was

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter if you suck, just play the game. Train, learn the mechanics and the match ups and become a better player.

Besides, Melee is fun. It's not about being good or not.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i can do that.....but thats probably because im better at camping then the way i play now lol

oh wellz i guess.........wonder when the last time i camped was
yeah, really good foxes who camp properly are by far the hardest to get around, but luckily no one in SoCal (besides yourself, who I'm not gonna beat anyway) can do that

because in the end if you're not impatient v camping, it's a matter of risk vs reward. i'll take 10-40% in laser damage all the time because one opening can end a stock. the inititative in the match is worth more than 10-40%.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
move out of CO.
QFT

That and be self-sufficient.

I dunno why people ask general questions related to the game. If you want to get better, you have to ask specific questions. If you don't know what to ask, step your knowledge up.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Aside from that. D:

EDIT: Well, what are good pressure strings to execute on the back of Fox or Falco's shields? What moves are "safe" upon block, and what are the best combo starters for her?

Better yet, does anyone still have the link to all the frame data m2k posted forever ago? That would probably help immensely.

LuCKy

Smash Master
Aside from that. D:

EDIT: Well, what are good pressure strings to execute on the back of Fox or Falco's shields? What moves are "safe" upon block, and what are the best combo starters for her?

Better yet, does anyone still have the link to all the frame data m2k posted forever ago? That would probably help immensely.
go find mangos puff thread......

TACO_CL

Smash Rookie
I have to stay late or sleep over for mango to appear so I've never met him at Pat's...
8[
but I'll make it up for it by saying...
I ****ing love Melee as much as Atlus hates Brawl!!!

Top Bottom