• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Serious business.

Look guys, you can try and dispute my logic all day and/or bring up that "MCMDF" **** however many times you'd like, but in reality, your game is really, really boring at a competitive level. No amount of flaming me will change that fact.

But, in following with embracethe12's advice:

stop being so open about **** we all already know, it just causes trouble.

It doesn't make a bit of difference.
I'll step down and let you guys go on with your lives. It doesn't affect me in the slightest whether or not you continue to play an 8 year old game. I'm just telling you the truth from an outside perspective. You don't have to listen to me either way, and you probably won't. I don't care. Have fun playing an 8 year old game.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just did a double take.

I decided I'm going to quit playing Melee.

Nice memories guys. See ya later.

GSUB

Smash Lord
umm football is how fu*king old?
and how many people play it?

if something is that great, people will continue to play it.
it's not like these great competitive games are still around, being
played and enjoyed by accident.

melee has stood the test of time. and i will always support.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
lol @ melee being really boring at a competitive level.

i see people who've never played any smash game, and be far more entertained and amazed when they see people play competitive melee, as apposed to competitive brawl.

ppl who don't play can't tell the difference between competitive brawl and normal brawl w/ no items. the difference is obvious in melee

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hahahahaha you're all wayyyyy to touchy in this topic

bardul takes gamebattles seriously so why are you even reading his posts LOL

slashcountertrolling

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
. . .i told my nephews they couldnt play wifi brawl cuz it lags

they replied with "it dosnt matter its already slow compared to melee"

. . . **** lol
Hahahahah thats too good....joey imma play you and we will have good matches Lol

Socal <3

nicaboy

Smash Champion
so who are your big players out here? i see mango and lucky but who else ?
btw thanks guys for the new sig just a bit random lol
and when is the next smash fest me and my bro want some team practice.

and oh ya i was watching some of you guys matches and you guys look like good comp im excited to play you guys

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Hey SoCal hows it going? I don't really go to tourneys that often, but I am starting to. I used to use Fox and Falco and try to be technicle, but now I realised Falcon is the best character ever! Falcon ditto me I love it too much <3

P.S. Has anyone seen Rickety? He was the reason I started going to toruneys, but he seems to have vanished, I can't ever seem to contact him.

Anyways, I hope to play a lot of you really good people to get better, because I am pretty scrubby. San Diego love <3

JDM

Smash Champion
When I first saw your name posting on this thread I thought you were another item themed alt account lol.

JDM

Smash Champion
Here's a pretty interesting topic on gamefaqs I wanted to share with you here.

A theory on perfect play.

Essentially, there are two areas of skill: Technical skill, and Mindgames.
Both are important, and work in conjunction, but function in very different ways. Typically, the winner of any round will be better in both aspects, as they come with experience and are each is needed for the other to be effective.

But, what if one player with perfect tech skill were to face another player with perfect mindgames?
Something like a flawless supercomputer against someone who can see the future.
Who would end up winning?

First off, the tech player has weak mind games, and the psychic player has enough tech skill to play at a low competitive level (not nearly enough to mirror the tech player).
The technical player should be able to theoretically powershield any incoming attacks, from a standing position. But on the other hand, the psychic should be able to predict when his opponent will be trapped in some other animation. Assuming that the tech player is using Fox, he should have nearly limitless options with the ability to perfectly cancel shines; would that be enough to outweigh perfect prediction? Would it be possible for the tech player to win by reacting instantaneously to the psychic's seemingly ideal actions?

It basically boils down to the idea of going so fast that it doesn't matter if the psychic knows what will happen; he still wouldn't be able to stop it.

Personally, I'm conflicted on this issue.
Marth seems like a good choice for the psychic, but I don't think Marth is fast enough to hit a perfect Fox. It seems like the only way for there to be realistic conflict is if the psychic also plays as Fox. His perfect prediction ought to allow him to finish acting before the tech player could finish his reactionary move, even if that reaction is instantaneous. But again, a perfect shine cancel would allow the tech player to block any quick attacks, and then hit again. It just doesn't seem like perfect prediction would be sufficient to maintain enough distance to avoid getting *****.

Obviously this is a fairly confusing scenario, so I'd like to hear any thoughts on the matter.

TL;DR: Perfect tech skill vs. Perfect mindgames. Who wins?

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
if you can predict perfectly but can't execute everything exactly how you want then whats the point

a lot of the stuff you would see would go to waste imo

Top Bottom