• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Awards .. 2008 =D

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
In doubles there is always the debatable factor of one player carrying another.
uhh that's why you watch the matches?

seriously, it's easy as **** to watch doubles and know who's playing well and who's not.

the people on the panel will know what's up. just because randoms don't doesn't mean it's invalid.

Doubles should not be considered! The PR should mainly focus on Singles. The skillset/mindset is too different for doubles than it is for singles. It's stupid.
uhh, what? it's still melee, is it not? honestly you're probably saying this because you blow chunks in teams.

the PR has ALWAYS factored in doubles anyway. i remember emerican telling me a couple of weeks ago doubles was the main reason he got on the PR to begin with.

can anyone come up with a LOGICAL reason why doubles shouldn't be considered?

and no one's even saying doubles counts the same as singles. it doesn't. but it should definitely be a factor, and just because you suck at weighing it doesn't mean the panel will. it's really easy to look at placings and watch matches and see who's good at doubles.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
funny, when I read the name off the brackets I thought his name was sargent ruffles, and one time watching his match I accidentally called him sgt. pepper.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
uhh, what? it's still melee, is it not? honestly you're probably saying this because you blow chunks in teams.

the PR has ALWAYS factored in doubles anyway. i remember emerican telling me a couple of weeks ago doubles was the main reason he got on the PR to begin with.

can anyone come up with a LOGICAL reason why doubles shouldn't be considered?

and no one's even saying doubles counts the same as singles. it doesn't. but it should definitely be a factor, and just because you suck at weighing it doesn't mean the panel will. it's really easy to look at placings and watch matches and see who's good at doubles.
P better NOT be on the panel.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
hmm, i wonder what the community will vote for

ps we can even appeal to authority here and mango agrees. man you're so clueless, is it any wonder your skill lacks behind your (supposed) knowledge?

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Well A) it's the Beatles > : [ Don't misspell that name. and B) Lol awesome.

Also I'd vote for P to be a panelist. Even if he is kind of a **** I can tell most of his thoughts and opinions are based almost solely on logic. And he talks **** to everyone so he's not biased lol.

And connor **** you Dr. Pepper ****ing rules

Aesis

Smash Ace
Mango, Zhu, Lovage, ROFL or Emerican, and someone from SD
that's 5

I'd say P too but I personally think he's biased

You should release the new list in the beginning of January so people can have goals and get the tourney scene pumped, when i come back from italy the community better be raging mannn

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Pat (Azn lep) should be on the PR, that is if he doesn't mind doing the PR for both Brawl AND Melee.

Aesis

Smash Ace
who am i bias against / for

god**** that's a ****ty panel
yourself lolllll

NAH those are just suggestions
im not as active as most ppl so i dont know (actually barely active at all)
just seems like those are the most active people and widely separated by region to counter biases

id say hugo but he hasnt been around

january is a good deadline though

also:
when you release new lists, one person should deliver the opinion and reasoning behind movement, like the supreme court does in their cases, reference Roe v Wade where Justice Warren writes this whole spiel on why they decided to rule in favor of abortion rights, and one person should deliver a dissent, if any
that way people will understand and not bicker too much on the boards

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
uh how about people who actually play the current community regularly?

honestly, mango/hugs/myself. that's pretty much a no brainer tbqh. if you need a fourth, tofu, but less is more.

ps i don't think separating by region counters biases as well as you think. the people from those regions are just going to be bias towards the players they play all the time, especially because so many people compare their skill to how well someone does vs them.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I know I dont have much say but just from listening to different conversations....

Mango, Hugs, P, Lovage, and One of the Palmdale Fellas seems like a good panel to me. Maybe some Romeo up in there.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think Mango/Hugo/ROFL/Pat are good candidates. I cant think of anyone else at the moment.

emerican

Smash Ace
what am i being nominated for?? cause honestly i could give 2 ****s about who carries who, or who chokes the most..

i just like kneeing people back and forth across the stage :ohwell:

Kira-

Smash Champion
gay i didnt get my account back

doubles shouldnt count imo, but i could care less if it does

oh panelists...

mango... actually panelists are a bad idea. point system ftw

----------------------

Most Improved - Fly

Most Improved Arcadian - SDR

Best *** - havent seen oscar in awhile, so joe

Best Mindgames - mango... (pc mind**** lol)

Best Teammate - Tofu! i've never teamed with atlus

Most Teknical - lucky

Worst Teammate - dunno

Most Inconsistent - Futile

Most Consistent - Atlus lol

Funniest Smasher - lovage in my car

Cockiest Smasher - lol this is hard... i'll say adam

Best Driver - jenny

Flakiest Smasher - Tofu =(

Best House - Cameron's house

Most Fuked Up Smasher - Neighborhood P

Least Improved - Hugs.. lol sorry hugo

Nicest Hair - i would love to run my fingers through brendan's hair

Loudest Smasher - Lovage

Quietest Smasher - JDM

Best DI - Neighborhood P

Most Potential - Futile then Replicate

Chokes Most - Connor (once he gets mad he's done), then Replicate

Smasher Who Cant Stay Awake - Zhu

Biggest ***** - anyone who's as good or better than me and wont MM me

Worst Attitude - not zhu... subtract one vote for zhu lol

Best Mom - Pat

Charges The Most Gas - LOL i forgot about this category. i dunno what other people charge

Most Likely 2 Play Brawl - jays0nn/jkun

Best At other games - Atlus.. consistent in everything lol

Gets Carried The Hardest - Psychomidget - sorry cam

Most Johns - everyone johns

Best Smile - P

Coolest Smasher - Joe

Best at posting Video - Zhu uploads them in like 2 seconds

Best Poster - most of the time JTB sucks at posting... but he has a couple golden posts (im da best in da whorl) that got me sold

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
lol @ P getting best smile by multiple people. IDK about smile, but definately the best laugh

also nice avatar festizzio, I got CT DS on christmas

$ick

Smash Lord
Lol P's laugh is pretty funny. It like explodes everytime. At Luigi's house I couldn't stop laughing every time Adam started.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
If you guys are gonna vote for me under "least Improved', be aware that I haven't improved at all, which shouldn't make me viable for that award.

In fact, the award should be changed to "Least likely to NEED to improve since he'll **** your **** anyways".

***s

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
If you guys are gonna vote for me under "least Improved', be aware that I haven't improved at all, which shouldn't make me viable for that award.

In fact, the award should be changed to "Least likely to NEED to improve since he'll **** your **** anyways".

***s
GAAAAY WHY DID YOU GET YOUR ACCOUNT BACK

so lame

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
HugeHo was the perfect combination of noob and funny, made even more epic by having someone as serious as yourself with that name.

Top Bottom