• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Awards .. 2008 =D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i just said zhu

2 be funny lol

cause he never

did ne thing

shut up kouryuuxfighter

Lovage

Smash Hero
hmm theres some hard categories in here
i think fly is slightly better than P, also p is more inconsistent/chokes

i would put joe as like #3 as most improved after p and fly..fly got way too good too fast

oh also
p got waaay better in teams and fly i dunno seems bad

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
hmm theres some hard categories in here
i think fly is slightly better than P, also p was more inconsistent/used to choke

i would put joe as like #3 as most improved after p and fly..fly got way too good too fast

oh also
p got waaay better in teams and fly i dunno seems bad
fyp :laugh:

the last tournaments i've entered i've got:

3rd
1st seed in pools @ WCSL
3rd
5th

beating psychomidget, hmw, connor, replicate, futilex2, st patrick, rofl, gabe, atlus, and caotic along the way. the only person i've lost to below my skill level has been kouryuu.

oh, and 2nd, 3rd and 3rd in teams during the same period. dunno what joe and I placed at WCSL tho

Lovage

Smash Hero
comeon dood how can u say "used to choke" when you suicided against fly at 0 and then the pressure built up to the point where u played so bad and quit after a stock?

and when you side b'd while recovering against me and futile in teams during your 1v2

im gonna say you got a little better at not being affected by pressure....but ur still affected by it more than anyone i know

Aesis

Smash Ace
Retire the old SoCal Power Rankings right before Brawl as the pre-Brawl SoCal Power Rankings List
then i dont know if someone already talked about this

Reinstate a Post-Brawl SoCal Power Rankings for Melee

P talking about not losing to anyone "below [his] skill level" is misleading since we don't know for sure
and if you reinstate power rankings the melee community will grow like it did when the power rankings came out in 2006, that's when melee BLEW UP

1. Where's that old list (that I was on even though I retired for 4 months and still stayed on it XDDD)
2. Make a new list, "Post-Brawl" because we all know many many many people quit or stopped playing long enough to be McRusty skill level

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
comeon dood how can u say "used to choke" when you suicided against fly at 0 and then the pressure built up to the point where u played so bad and quit after a stock?

and when you side b'd while recovering against me and futile in teams during your 1v2

im gonna say you got a little better at not being affected by pressure....but ur still affected by it more than anyone i know
no *****, that had nothing to do with choking. LMAO @ saying "the pressure built up to a point" so i played really bad. no dude, i wasn't feeling any pressure at all, i was just mad at myself.

honestly the only time i felt pressure was playing gabe in match 2 and 3. that's why i did the fist pump rofl was talking about, because i was proud of myself.

if there's no crowd then why would i feel pressure

don't remember the teams suicide, but that was just a suicide -shrugs-. they happen sometimes.

stop assuming everything i do badly is because i'm choking fool

edit: i agree with aesis

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Another PR would be really cool. But the panelists better be legit.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
atlus better step it up then, he's no longer mr. consistency

and i swear to god doubles AND singles should count

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I wish I was as consistent as Atlus...

Also, doubles should have LITTLE TO NO bearing on the PR. The PR should mainly focus on Singles.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I wish I was as consistent as Atlus...

Also, doubles should have LITTLE TO NO bearing on the PR. The PR should mainly focus on Singles.
I agree with Kouryuu about singles being the only focus counting towards the PR. There's just too much to take into account if doubles is also taken into consideration. Who have you teamed with? Whom have you beaten? How good is their game in doubles? If anything, there should be a different PR for doubles.

Nah, Tofu has first beaten me quite a while ago. Ever since then we go back and forth.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
You lost to Kouryuu twice in the same tourny! The only new people that have beaten me recently are you, Futile, and SS.
yeah, so i lost to one player. isn't that better than losing to two at the same tourny? what's your point? one character counters me. -shrugs- if you ask me that's pretty good.

anyway, there's no way doubles should NOT count for the PR. at tournaments, there are two events, not one. both cost the same amount to enter. they are given equal attention. if anything doubles is more popular. saying it'd be too hard to sort out is just a john. both events take two equal but different skills.

if two players are near equal in singles, but one is waaay better than the other in doubles, it's obvious as **** who the better player is.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
doubles should count

but not for ALOT

or else claire would of been

ranked back in the days lol

joeplicate

Smash Master
yeah atlus, but didn't tofu beat you at wcsl?

I think we should do a separate power rankings for doubles, or at least do something for doubles because they ****, but it's hard to decide what to do about it

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
In doubles there is always the debatable factor of one player carrying another.

but i think if anything it should be at least counted for tie breakers.

Atlus8

Smash Master
anyway, there's no way doubles should NOT count for the PR. at tournaments, there are two events, not one. both cost the same amount to enter. they are given equal attention. if anything doubles is more popular. saying it'd be too hard to sort out is just a john. both events take two equal but different skills.

if two players are near equal in singles, but one is waaay better than the other in doubles, it's obvious as **** who the better player is.
Entry fee doesn't matter, there has always been more people entering singles than doubles and doubles sure as hell isn't more popular.

yeah atlus, but didn't tofu beat you at wcsl?
Yup! Like I said, we have gone back and forth.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Doubles should not be considered! The PR should mainly focus on Singles. The skillset/mindset is too different for doubles than it is for singles. It's stupid.

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
Doubles should definately count for the pr if we get one going. I'll do my voting when i get on mah laptop.
I odn't flake lol.

Atlus n me go about even. But he's the better teams partner fo sho.

I really hope hugs keeps playing melee after his job change. Actually i really hope alot of the people who used to be ranked started playing again. that would be amazing.

-Fooo da tofu fooo

Even though the skill set required is different it's still a Melee skill imo.

lol mah longest post ever and it isn't my account T.T

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Kouryuu, you say that the PR should mainly focus on singles. That means that not all of it would be concentrated on singles, so then a little of it would have to be doubles. Just sayin

Lovage

Smash Hero
it pisses me off when people say "yea but i suck at crews"
its the exact same thing as a 1v1 match just more people watching. no JAHNS

Top Bottom