• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
ShadowRob isn't fit to be a panelist IMO. He hasn't been in the scene long enough to qualify. I still think Hugo is the obvious choice, assuming he would want to.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
ShadowRob isn't fit to be a panelist IMO. He hasn't been in the seen long enough to qualify. I still think Hugo is the obvious choice, assuming he would want to.
hmmm what about kouryuu????
he seems to be involved in a **** load of tournys.... and seems fair

but he does ride melees balls stilll :-/ i think u would be good though

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'm not fit to be a panelist either. And just cuz I like the game doesn't mean I "ride it's balls" >_<

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
wow, I got ***** these past few days lol. I don't wanna be Wartortle though...so I guess Hugo for panelist

-Connor

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
shadow for top 3, mike haze for the list, fly amanita for the list, edrees for the list, and creepy fingers for the list.

that is all for now.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I was thinking Teba for top 3 but then again, I don't know how he did at (or if he even attended) Axis. His performance at Oxnard was alright, except he lost to two non ranked players. Nevertheless, he has proven to be a worthy candidate for the top 3 position IMO.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
he didn't attend axis.

i had forgotten about teba haha. i think either him or shadow, but i think tebsters has a stronger argument for being there....

but shadows too good.

WHO TO PICK.

*researches*

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think Teba, for being very consistent (usually placing top 3). He has also taken Alex to the losers bracket at S&C and I think he's beaten him in a set on other occasions as well.

Shadow has beaten Futile in the losers finals once. Other than that, I don't know who else he has beaten to earn himself a position in the top 3. He placed very well at Axis but I heard he was knocked out by Ripn in the winners bracket (a non ranked player). But I could have been misinformed.

But regardless, I truly believe Teba is indeed worthy of the top 3 position.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i forgot about ripn.

where do you guys think leepuff will end up? he's sent DSF to losers, and ***** oxnard..i'm not sure about his other stats though.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think Leepuff should be on the rankings, for sure. He seems to be fairly consistent and the fact that he beat DSF and almost took out Futile at Oxnard should not be overlooked. Besides, there should be room for him considering a handful of players will be knocked off this time around (Edge, Lite, DC, Gamble, Romeo...). I personally think he should take up one of the final spots on the list.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Yeah, Roms good but he just doesn't attend. Out of curiosity, where do you think Connor will fall on the rankings?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Yeah, Roms good but he just doesn't attend. Out of curiosity, where do you think Connor will fall on the rankings?

i was raelly going to argue connor for top 3/4 after oxnard, but seeing as how he did poorly at races, i really don't have an idea. but i think it's fair to say top 6.

probably like..

DSF
futile
teba
shadow
connor
ajax

maybe someone before ajax, probably BOA, but i'm not 100% on his placings recently, though i'm sure he's consistent.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Connor should not be top 5. He hasn't beaten anyone worthy for that position. Top 10.. maybe. When you look at his accomplishments, you see that little Connor has been placing well after Aznforce (excluding Races). He's split with first at AznForces and placed top 5 at Oxnard(can't remember exact placing). However, at AznForces, he did not beat any player who ranked top 10 (correct me if I'm wrong, I may be mistaken). I believe it was the same thing at Oxnard.

If he placed well at Races, he could've earned himself a position in top 10 but since he didn't, I think he should fall under the 11th - last place on the list. Nevertheless, he should still be ranked.

Also, I think Plan 9 should be knocked off the list, or at least not be in the top 10 position. Sorry Plan 9 :(

Charoo

Smash Champion
people get on the list then disappear wth haha

so many inactive players on the list. Yet, so many people to add in.

Third place in brawl is like deciding how to place mango/hugs/edrees in melee (before mango went super **** mode of course). Good times

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
connor got 3rd at oxnard sir.

aznforce:
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated marco
Defeated steppin it up for hugs
Defeated mateo
Defeated bardull
Lost to FUTILE

Losers' bracket
Defeated bardull
Lost to FUTILE

Oxnard

squirtle's performance
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Kyle
Defeated Zork
Defeated Foo
Defeated Ajax
Defeated BarDulL
Lost to Futile

Losers' bracket
Lost to Leepuff

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
whoops, here's his results from races

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated oki
Defeated uchiha78
Lost to barduLL

Losers' bracket
Defeated creepy fingers
Lost to tyrant

Overall placing: 13/81

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I see... I didn't realize he placed top 3 at Oxnard. My mistake.

However, look at his bracket in both tourneys. The only ranked player he has beat is Ajax. Bardull is good and would most likely come back to the rankings but currently, he is not ranked. So it really doesn't mean THAT much (but it should still be considered). After examining his bracket in both tournaments, I'm really sure that he should not be top 5 or even top 10. And after his performance at Races, I know he should not make it to top 10. But like I said before, he should be on the list.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
All right, I'll give my idea of what top 10 should look like. Give me a few minutes.

Top Bottom