• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what’s everybody getting on launch day, besides the game?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
It occurred to me that I’ve got a ton invested into this game already (not complaining) and it got me interested in what you guys are all doing in terms of Smash accessories and what not.

For me, this is will be my total by the time release day rolls around:

• Super Smash Bros Ultimate Special Edition (Game, Steelbook, Smash Bros Pro Controller)
• Super Smash Bros Ultimate Collector’s Edition Guide
• Smash Ultimate GameCube Controller
• GameCube Controller Adapter
• Ridley amiibo
• Wolf amiibo
• Inkling amiibo
• 8bitdo Wireless GameCube Controller Adapter
• Fighter Pack DLC

The GameCube controller and adapted already came in, the rest is all pre-ordered for launch day. I already have plenty of GameCube controllers, but I didn’t want to miss this one and I needed an extra adapter anyway.

So I’m wondering, am I the only one? Or is everybody as crazy as I am? Lol

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I already got 2 Pro Controllers and another pair of JoyCons, having a total of 4 controllers to reunite friends and play Smash. Only a few more days to go.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Just getting base game, already have gc adapter & a couple amiibo, will probably get the fighter pass right away too

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Physical game, Fighter Pass, and Smash Pro Controller. Already got the controller adapter (for friends). Miiiight get newcomer Amiibos in the future

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The special edition that comes with the steelbook and pro controller. Or at least I hope.

I pre-ordered it on GameStop for delivery to my college the day it went up, so I’m hoping it will get here on launch. I can make do with Saturday though, I’ll just be a bit disappointed.

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
I already have the adapter but I'll probably get another CG controller in case my older white one ever breaks, before they go up in price again. That and the fighter's pass because I'll get all the DLC anyway.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Already got the Smash GameCube controller and adapter ready but I'll also be getting the Smash Pro Controller and the Fighters Pass DLC.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
I'll be getting the game and DLC.
I already got the controller and adapter.

necroticart

Smash Rookie
• Super Smash Bros Ultimate Digital Version (who wants to keep changing out the cart and its already downloaded to the switch)
• Fighter Pack DLC
• GameCube Controller Adapter (Already have with original black GameCube controller)
• Hori wired GameCube Controller

Just waiting for December 7th now

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Unless I can get a job, the only thing I can afford is the base game, and that's only if my plan on using a coupon to pay for the bulk of the price actually works.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I was going to say 'get Katamari Damacy Reroll' but apparently that's been delayed a few weeks. Probably for the best.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Already have a LAN Adapter as well as a Powerline Adapter and Ethernet Cable to go with it. Works good with Splatoon so it should be good here. On launch day though?
Base game (Digital), Fighters Pass, Pizza, and Soda. That's really all I'll really need.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
A vacation. Scheduled the day off and everything.

After skimming the rest of the comments, pizza sounds like a fantastic idea as well.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Just the game (physical copy) + Fighter DLC for me.

I already got a decent amount of amiibo, not really interested in more. I would've loved to get the steelbook edition with the pro controller, but holy **** it was ridiculously overpriced in my country and I refuse to support that ****. I also bought a new Gamecube controller last week, so I'm already set up for 4-5 player games. Got my gamecube adapter from the Wii U, got a USB lan adapter... at most, I might get one of those cheap USB controllers that have literally no features but are actually decent. Otherwise, yeah, I have enough.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
The special edition that comes with the steelbook and pro controller. Or at least I hope.

I pre-ordered it on GameStop for delivery to my college the day it went up, so I’m hoping it will get here on launch. I can make do with Saturday though, I’ll just be a bit disappointed.
should have preordered bestbuy I believe they have free release date delivery and 10 bucks credit if i am not mistaken

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I want the Smash Pro Controller but Gamestop has not had it available for preorder at all so we'll see... If they have it and I can afford it, then yes. I should probably do the new amiibo too

Also Katamari Reroll.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'll be picking up the Gamecube Adapter at launch. I've never used a GC controller for Smash before, so we'll see how it goes. :)

Blue Rose

Smash Rookie
Nothing, Have the game and season pass preloaded and I also got myself a GC controller and adapter.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Nothing, I've arranged with my mom to get the game as a Christmas present.

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
I'm getting the 100€ bundle w/ the gamecube controller and that's all. All I want for the 7th is smash!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm all digital on Switch don't own a single physical copy out of the 65+ games I own and don't plan on starting anytime soon. I'd rather switch out 2-3 microsd cards than 70+ cartridges.

Anyway on launch I do plan on picking up Wolf and Ridley amiibos. Well just Ridley as Wolf is coming in the mail. Not getting Inkling Girl as I don't need to own another (I just need 1 amiibo of each character).

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Totally sauced brah.

But seriously I pre-ordered digitally and i'm going to stay in the warmth of my home waiting for my game to download. Didn't get the Fighter Pass because i'm actually not confident in it's value and I wanted to get the new pokemon game this month. I figure i'll have plenty of time to get the fighter pass at a later date and I wouldn't miss out on anything. Maybe if I REALLY like the first DLC fighter i'll get it.

I would really like to get some new joycons since my joycons are pretty busted ( playing Pokemon is a nightmare, why the heck did they restrict controls to joycons like that when the pro-controller just... is extant? ) and my friends will likely want to play Smash at some point. But I doubt i'll be able to pick it up launch day unless people buy a ton of my crappy art.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Hoping for a black friday deal for a Switch here in the Netherlands. Then I’ll buy an extra pair of JoyCons for my brother and the game. The fighter pass will come a little later.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My parents did me a big favor today, by giving me a Nintendo Switch system for an early Christmas present. But it'll probably be a while before I get to Smash Ultimate, since there are other games that are on my list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom