• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....I played Melee again today...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Link to original post: [drupal=1122]So....I played Melee again today...[/drupal]

Game is too fun. xD

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Melee is still fun.
But I'm one of the few people who prefer Brawl more :p
and I still don't get why people have to hack the game to make it "better"

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I still prefer Brawl. xD

Both are fun though. x3

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Funny you should mention it. I dusted off the old melee just today. I never got involved with the competitive scene, I thought maybe I'd like it more if I learned the ATs.

So....

It took me about 30 seconds to learn how to wavedash, and then I got bored and put in Brawl again. I guess I'm just someone who definitely prefers Brawl.

Cinder

Smash Master
You're ugly.
Wow...you are the pinnacle of maturity[/sarcasm]

Funny you should mention it. I dusted off the old melee just today. I never got involved with the competitive scene, I thought maybe I'd like it more if I learned the ATs.

So....

It took me about 30 seconds to learn how to wavedash, and then I got bored and put in Brawl again. I guess I'm just someone who definitely prefers Brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6viaa76cAo&feature=channel_page

Learn some of this...

Mith_

Smash Champion
i dusted off street fighter 2 and it reminded me how sad i am that i dont have a ps3 or street fighter 4.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Combos made Melee.

No.

Combo's exist and were a big part of melee but they made melee just isn't right.

Also, melee does take strategy. Brawl just gives you a lot more time to think it out.

So....

...because learning wavedashing means you've learned everything in melee and your finally at the highest level of play >_>

-:bowser:Bowser King

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

...My Melee is still collecting desk on that bookcase I left it at quite a couple months/years ago...

...I'm feeling nostalgic, especially knowing I used to beat my cousin who was 8 years old with Kirby... and he was Marth... :laugh:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I played Melee again yesterday for the first time in a long time, and the first thing I notice is...
I suck--horribly.:(

I couldn't wavedash perfectly, I couldn't L-cancel half the time, I can't do shuffles any more, and overall, I'm just bad.

I'm sticking with Brawl.:laugh:

But Melee is still fun.:bee:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

So....

No, you can't Wavedash.

Every competitive Melee player can wavedash, just like every competitive Brawler can...... . . . . . walk.

Application of said technique, consistency of technique (something you actually have to work for) and speed of thought are what makes you a winner at Melee.

Play Leisure Suit Larry

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I've already seen that vid cinder.

My post was more of a joke than anything else >_>, But it really wasn't that hard to learn.:p

I really just prefer Brawl's feel over Melee's. Maybe if I found someone who was already into melee competitively IRL I would be able to appreciate it. I could learn from him thrashing me.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
But I'm one of the few people who prefer Brawl more :p
and I still don't get why people have to hack the game to make it "better"
1. Shun the non believer!

2. Because it sucks chunks without hacks.

If you are easily offended, do not read the below line.

3. You are an idiot, this post added on to your man tier.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I've already seen that vid cinder.

My post was more of a joke than anything else >_>, But it really wasn't that hard to learn.:p

I really just prefer Brawl's feel over Melee's. Maybe if I found someone who was already into melee competitively IRL I would be able to appreciate it. I could learn from him thrashing me.
I feel the same way. I'd probably prefer Brawl to Melee if no one introduced me to the crazy competitive scene and thrashed me with their super Melee skills *shrugs*

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
And you could.

I like Melee more due to faster speed the higher amount of skill it requires in comparison to Brawl. I just honestly find Brawl to be a very mediocre game that held my attention for only a limited time.

But I can try to see how people like Brawl; its slower, allows for more mistakes, and is more about spacing I guess?

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
^ lulz.

Barlw > melee in my honest opinion

i played melee like once or twice before brawl got released, so i've been stuck into brawl >_<
i should probably play melee a couple times when im around my mates place

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Wow. I saw you say mates. My mind said Australian. I looked at your location, aaaannnnddd... >>

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
By that logic I could say. King Dedede isn't in Melee, therefore, it sucks.
Heh. I sold Melee to buy Brawl.
^ lulz.

Barlw > melee in my honest opinion

i played melee like once or twice before brawl got released, so i've been stuck into brawl >_<
i should probably play melee a couple times when im around my mates place
late for melee, its not your fualt...
brawl purists, lawl...(melee=brawl,they each have their own goodness)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Truthfully, I always got a headache from playing melee after a certain amount of times. It kinda got too repetitive.

Top Bottom