• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I massacre 27/30 people in a tourney and..

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
No video cameras were allowed in the place we were at which was bull. But delfino plaza and metknight makes an unfun match for a shuttle loop tornado spammer

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Today I ganon-***** a lucario only to get 2 stocked by a Metaknight of similar skill the next set. I feel your pain, my brother!

can metaknight be tilt locked?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Yeah he can and you all need to stop your *****ing about meta knight.

No johns.
MK can be tilt locked? For like more than 2 ftilts? I could have sworn he could just jump/AD/nair out (not sure which one of those).

Normally I don't mind people johning about MK, but I think sheik can take him. So yeah. No Johns.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Three or four ftilts, then he can probably get out of it with an aerial jump dair or something.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol you're kidding, right? The only Meta Knights who try to Shuttle Loop out of it are ones who don't know how to play against Sheik.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Mmmm... I'm not sure on this, but I really don't think Sheik is a match for MK.

John all you want, the character is broken (you could you know... pick MK up as a counterpick to MK ;D)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
People who call MK a counter to MK are throwing around the term "counter" incorrectly.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Game Galaxy tourney at the arcade? Why weren't video camera's allowed? I brought mine the last time I went. Did they get a new venue? :O

Villi

Smash Lord
I've had MKs up air me out of tilt lock. I don't know if it's a good idea for them or not, but it seems like good buttons to press to me. :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
uair and dair are both fast. Shuttle Loop is a couple frames too slow.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
a counter is something that can come into something with out any fear and pose immediate threat to the opponent. Offensively it wins, defensively superior. Spacing, camping, planking, all need to out do MK and put him at a disadvantage in full. At this moment, there is no character that can qualify as a counter to MetaKnight.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I'll john all I want when it comes to metaknight. It was a close tied two out of 3 match and we both where in the hundreds and he started spamming like a punk. Tornado to instant down smash to shuttle loop over and over. And how did someone know about the game galaxy I was in?

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn't make excuses or John at all. Instead, look and reflect upon the battle and see where you made the mistakes and learn from them. Complaining doesn't advance your game play. Learning from your mistakes and evolving does.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll john all I want when it comes to metaknight. It was a close tied two out of 3 match and we both where in the hundreds and he started spamming like a punk. Tornado to instant down smash to shuttle loop over and over. And how did someone know about the game galaxy I was in?
Well, if you have to know...
I went to it the last 2 times.
It's in Tennessee. You live in Tennessee.
I saw the results of the most recent one and a guy named Ajax used Sheik.
You're posting in the Sheik boards under that name.
You are complaining about a spammy MK. I played a very spammy MK at the same tournament the last time I went. This dude won the tourney this time around according to the results.
So did they change venues from the arcade? :p

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Sorry to burst people's bubble, but if an MK players plays really 'gay' then no one can really do much at all.

But really, as long as they don't play like that all the time, then it should be fine.

MK really doesn't have many killing moves aside from the gimps. With proper DI, you should NEVER die from MK's downsmash unless it's fresh or you are at like 200ish%. But when is MK's down smash fresh? That'll be never. so learn to DI, and you eliminate one of MK's common KO moves. (Kind of like Charizard, who the hell dies from Dthrow? =/)

Learn to space. That's a given.

Reflect and learn. It sucks losing to a broken character, but you have to accept it, and try harder.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Ha well dang that's correct. Who did you use cause if I remember correctly I was the only sheik main which makes me ponder why your on the sheik boards area lol. But anyways man that tournament was amazing and I made so many cool friends. Heard I inspired others to use sheik.:)

Anyways I learned my mistakes from metaknight. Had I used DACUS right I would have won but still no character should require THAT much hard work. Unless your fighting jiggly of course lol

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
.MK really doesn't have many killing moves aside from the gimps. With proper DI, you should NEVER die from MK's downsmash unless it's fresh or you are at like 200ish%. But when is MK's down smash fresh? That'll be never. so learn to DI, and you eliminate one of MK's common KO moves. (Kind of like Charizard, who the hell dies from Dthrow? =/).
Yea, on wifi I sometimes survive til 180%ish percents, then I kill MK, he comes back, *dsmash* Im dead lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ha well dang that's correct. Who did you use cause if I remember correctly I was the only sheik main which makes me ponder why your on the sheik boards area lol. But anyways man that tournament was amazing and I made so many cool friends. Heard I inspired others to use sheik.:)

Anyways I learned my mistakes from metaknight. Had I used DACUS right I would have won but still no character should require THAT much hard work. Unless your fighting jiggly of course lol
I didn't go to this most recent one, but the 2 before it. I use Olimar among some other random characters when I feel like using them, but I go all Jiggs in Melee. :)

The reason I ask about the venue is that we had something like 40 people in a 30'x15' area to play in last time. KO wasn't allowed to move any of the arcade games.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Well at least (if I got my math right) you got 3rd place with Sheik?......Alone? If so, thats IS massacre
well I was a few more places behind but I faced about everyone before the tournament and scared a few crapless. I'm a rare sheik in my parts representing Sheiks for the south. If any one here knows any well known sheiks in tennessee or in the south get at me.

Anyways metaknights I hear get owned in brawl plus!

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I didn't go to this most recent one, but the 2 before it. I use Olimar among some other random characters when I feel like using them, but I go all Jiggs in Melee. :)

The reason I ask about the venue is that we had something like 40 people in a 30'x15' area to play in last time. KO wasn't allowed to move any of the arcade games.
Sorry for double post but I play with ko kingpin all the time as his teammate. He recruited me cause of my massive speed and aggressiveness along with high reflexes. His main is beast!!

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If he was using tornado, wouldn't you be able to needle him out of it and get a free 18%?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry for double post but I play with ko kingpin all the time as his teammate. He recruited me cause of my massive speed and aggressiveness along with high reflexes. His main is beast!!
Ask him about our singles tourney set. hehe
and tell him to add Brawl+ as a side tourney.

clowsui

Smash Legend
If he was using tornado, wouldn't you be able to needle him out of it and get a free 18%?
stealth reading from the clowsui handbook LOL

nah everybody knew that before i posted

depends on where you catch MK, if he's descending w/ the tornado but his azz touches the needles then he'll only get hit for like 4-6

if he's hit dead on he'll take the 18

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I never said he was BROKEN pal. He's just highly difficult compared to others you fight. Find me one good video of a sheik easily fighting and gimping a spammy metaknight in a tourney and we'll talk. I mean Jesus I'm tired of hearing "your a noob cause u can't ownz metaknight"I think I know my f**** sheik well enough to know that metaknight Is lame to fight.

And needleing a metaknight is obvious when they use their tornado but when it's used nonstop with shuttle loop on delfino plaza that's when there's a problem when they can phase from below the stage with those to moves. And if their needles up close they can instantly go back to tornado and catch you in it.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It's a 65:35 matchup. There are worse off. Learn a secondary, get really good or just get really good with the chain. *****ing won't change anything. If you want help with the matchup, then i'll oblige, but complaining about a character when you could be spending said time getting better at the matchup is idiotic.

God, I hate character johns.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
65:35 implies that you have to be notably better than your opponent if you want to win. >_>

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Just said I learned from my mistakes. I'm simply implying my dislikes for the character. I know my character perfectly and I don't need a **** secondary. I play sheik strategies and frame data in my mind even if in not playing brawl. F***** people these days think everything is easy.

Top Bottom