• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
He was a lurker. I'm proud of you.
Whats a lurker? My mom wouldn't let me join for a LOOOOONG time but she finally did.

But anyway I saw that somewhere in a blog like 2 months ago

:)
I joined July 15th, not "under a month ago"

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm scared of HOBO 17 that's comming up soon. I just realized that I have so many characters that are at the same skill level that I don't even know who to use for tournys anymore o.o I'm wondering if I should lead each set with IC and then pick characters based on my opponent's counterpicks, and my counterpicks, or what... I would go 100% IC if there weren't so many other characters that are so fun to use too. *Tries to pry myself away from Wolf, Sheik, Jiggs, Dedede, Lucas, and Sonic*

Should I keep these characters good for counterpicking though? Or just have D3 as my alt... or just go 100% IC? (I don't really care about Wolf anymore, he was fun for a while, but I missed having hammers and chain grabs).

IxxI

Smash Fence
I think you should go 100% IC's and go D3 if you're really uncomfortable with the matchup.
This way, you'll know what you need to improve in your IC game.

The match-up thread as yet to be fixed. :mad:
I can't beat Wario's. DAir always separates Nana and she gets gimped.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I think you should go 100% IC's and go Lucas if you're really uncomfortable with the matchup.
This way, you'll know what you need to improve in your IC game.

The match-up thread as yet to be fixed. :mad:
I can't beat Wario's. DAir always separates Nana and she gets gimped.
Fixed. :o
/10fixes

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Only problem with Lucas for me is I hardly ever fight anything other than his worst matchups with him, so I dont' know his good matchups ^^' At least I beat Marths and G&Ws with him about 60% of the time. I think those are supposed to be really bad matches for him.

... I need a G&W counter. I know the IC vs. G&W matchup, but I don't like it. I'll probably fight them with D3 or something... I suppose I'll stick with IC, since I can hold my own with them pretty well, and the only thing that ever held me back with them was the 5 grab rule that Xyro got rid of recently (haven't gotten a chance to use my ICs yet ever since that rule was removed).

Edit: *Facepalm* I could just to Wolf to fight G&W... and I guess Sonic to fight Diddy, since IC vs. Diddy is dumb.

Edit edit: I kind of wish I didn't play through Mother 3, since it makes me want to use Lucas a lot more now. At least combos in Mother 3 are a lot like chain grabbing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just learn IC's vs GW.

I 2 stocked Leepuffs GW in tournament at genesis with IC's.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
All of the Palmdale brothers are bad against ICs.

edit: I do agree with Hylian that sticking with ICs against G&W is a really good option, though.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I never miss Down Throw on him, but Back Throw is really irritating. Probably because I'm thinking negative. I dunno. Well, I've still got a week to go so maybe I'll get better at it. >_> At least it's for a good reason or whatever. I'm pretty determined to learn this.
The backthrow comes pretty naturally to me... what I do is I actually smash the stick backwards and almost immediately press grab straight afterwards for meta. I never seemed to get it to work with the tilting the stick method.

I can't CG heavies worth **** though, I hides behind hobbling :<

Hope that helps :3

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Hobbling is soooo much easier for me on heavies. I can Fthrow-Fthrow, but hobbling feels safer to me.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
New name for this thread:
KRD ditched Wolf for 2 mountain climbing chibis.
Just use whatever you feel like using
No just go 101% ICs :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
So, there's this girl that plays Ice Climbers who will remain anonymous. She's having a lot of trouble chaingrabbing a certain bat ball sword carrying thing. How do you all suggest she practice chaingrabbing this bat ball sword carrying thing? I...err...she tried to do the 99 stocks on a level 3 computer, but it didn't seem to do anything. Does she just need to keep doing this? Until she gets it? =S

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
...Try a different type of chaingrab? And who is this "Bat ball carrying thing"? Ness, MG&W?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I just realized... I've been in Austin all week... and Hylian lives in Austin... I should've asked if I could have some friendlies at his house and learn some stuff about IC... oh well, today's the last day I'm here so it's probably too late *continues practicing against computers*.

I've got a long way to go before I can consistently 0-death the way I used to be able to :/

The Filth

Smash Lord
Kawaii, for metaknight i normally do Bthrow - Dthrow.

I smash the stick backwards when holding with Popo, and after a split second delay, regrab. Nana won't slide if you do it right, then D-throw. The timing is almost like a B reversal if you can do those, but slightly slower.

For the Dthrow I found I learnt the timing much faster if I listened to the rythym. I wait for the *thud* MK makes after hitting the floor, then regrab. The timing is actually really forgiving for doing it to Metaknight I find, he's as easy to CG as marth is... at least for me of course.

After that I give nana about 0.5 seconds to get in place before B-throw again. I do this really consistently too.

Hope this helps :3

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'll just keep practicing. ;w; He's the only one I can't chaingrab and it's annoying. I can regrab him out of the DThrow every time, but the BThrow...not so much. >_>

I mean....my friend. Not me.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Don't feel bad....
I stinks at every chain grab except fthrow....and I even screw that one up more often than none....it's kinda sad....practicing at the wee hours of the morning isn't helping me either....:(

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
I think that kawaii already knows that you can get out of hobbling.

And sometimes you don't have to be doing anything, if you mash the controller while rotating the control stick you may DI with the c-stick in the correct direction when the iceblock hits you, so...

Besides, it can't be done on ness without timing it correctly, and for timing,it's way better to practice chaingrabs. I think the list you can hobble with is:

Pit, charizard, wario, bowser(watch out with this one), snake, Ike, DDD, Wolf, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, and probably I'm forgetting some cause I'm doing this by heart. Just search for the hobbling list in google or something.

Edit: again someone posted while I was typing and reading, jeez.

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
I do not believe you

If you can chaingrab sonic, you can chaingrab luigi. You should have realised this by now, and if you didn't, I apologize for not believing you and tell you that: if you know how to chaingrab EVERYONE but luigi, you have just learned how to cg him, cause he's the same as sonic.

NOTE: Luigi slides a little bit more than sonic, I think that's the only difference.

I realised this in the middle of a friendly match vs a friend of mine (but I realised the opposite way. If you can chaingrab luigi, you can chaingrab sonic) Seriously, I am in a state in cging now that I can notice the timing difference of being a frame too early. It's the only thing I can get better here in Argentina, cause there are not very good players to practice with.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I just went through training mode with every character and 0-deathed everyone on the first try except Luigi.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Try D-throw to Bthrow- I 0-deathed him on my 2nd try with that ;)
I can make a video of it if you want me to, I'll work on it soon.
And maybe metaknight.

My problem is R.O.B. , which isn't so good because my friend mains him and he isn't that bad.

This stuff is either close to fail or IS fail

Fence:
I have had a flu the last couple of days and I had to take something for it 31 minutes ago.
That "something" make my hands shake like crazy, I can barely type. It took me 30 minutes of missing to get this for you
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvdxrBEkhQ0
I'll (try) to get a video of 0-death MK, gosh he's hard wooh go Lain!
(Still under effects.....)

:)
Happy 0-death-ing!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I won some wi-fi tourney with ICs. Woo-hoo? lol

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I won some wi-fi tourney with ICs. Woo-hoo? lol
Good for you, I can't stand them on WiFi I try de-sync blizzard and instead I get some wierd 60% combo on me :dizzy:
And I only have one friend who does live matches and he hates CGs so much he just quits :(
If you have any secrets PM me or something, or else I'm stuck with diddy 99% of the time.
(Not that that is a bad thing...)

Teh Future

Smash Master
wtf mikehaze beat Ally? also lol lain lost to random and now he has to face ally in losers semis or sumthing 0_o

Sucks.

Lets gooooooooooo lain though. I wanna see him use ICs vs ally.

Teh Future

Smash Master
meh, Im guessing hes from west coast? You guys have a lot of good players that Ive never heard of.

Either way Lain shouldn't have lost to him. Who does he use though?

Top Bottom