• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Guest what's your real name? I have a friend in the Corps at A&M named John Ward and he plays brawl.
Mains TL.
He's aight.

:phone:
Is he an upperclassman and what outfit is he in? I would post my real name for you guys but other peeps outside of the climbers of frozen water could see it so I'll PM it to you... but I can say that I'm an H-1 fish.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
DeLux, I have returned to tame the awesome power you have given me. I need your help controlling my desynch game since its so extensive. I am tired of running. It is time.

Teach me to tame the Power of the Lux Desynch!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Game plan:

1.Throw out frame trap to see if opponent knows matchup
A. He Gets Grabbed, you take his stock
B. He knows the matchup and jumps.

2. If 1B, you Uair him
A. You kill him by Uair
B. He's forced to land in some way shape or form

3. If 2B, you frame trap his landing
A. You grab him and kill him
B. You whiff and he either forces you to step 1 or 2.

You just beat like 95% of players you'll run into in tournament.

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay let's assume I can LD1/2 out of every situation (I can now thanks to countless hours of practice):

How do I use LD to Frame Trap effectively. THAT is what I'm wrestling with.

And you are the ONLY ICs I can ask because my style is modeled after yours. The "typical" style does nothing for me lol:phone:

DeLux

You kinda just get familiar with if certain characters retreating aerial on your shield, using an IB to frame trap means they either get shield grabbed or are forced into hard landing lag and then get dash grabbed.

Or if you catch them on landing, you can read whatever they do. Typically I look for if they commit to spot dodge, dash, or an attack. However, if they just shield the IBs, it sort of becomes a guessing game especially if they have an invinicble oos option.

One thing you might think about when working from grab setup is that you don't have to grab them immediately. If you use an IB to cover approach, you can just sit in shield in front of people and work oos from there. OR you can run past them and pivot grab them on exit (this is my favorite thing to do on people in shield because they get confused and scared if you run near them but don't do anything).

It's just important to realize that most frame traps don't really guarantee anything. But if your opponent commits to something dumb (aka not jump), while under frame trap, there is literally always a solution for your end that you get a grab. At the same time, the frame traps and the threat of the grab is more a zoning tool than anything and fairly safely allows you to play all the aggro (they generally eliminate grab and dash as an option for your opponent)

ZTD | TECHnology

I get it now. I now know exactly why I'm so hit or miss with them.Its so ****ing simple.

Thanks DeLux. Off to go work on tech skill again.

DeLux

IMO, you should watch video of Kakera and Hylian playing a bit just to watch how they use desync walls. But imagine what they are doing, and take their desync start up time and cut it in half in Kakera's case OR imagining Hylian's game if every desync option he pulled was a quick grab setup. There are a few more obscure ICs I pulled inspiration from, but that was for really specific shenanigans. But honestly, I like to watch other top players of other characters. Like I drew a lot of inspiration from how MJG works off of grab with TL. I also like watching Snake's and Diddy's set up frame traps with Nades and Bananas because I feel like they are comparable to how desynced ICs work.

I'd say to watch me, but I'd honestly only watch me for the technical side of it. I have overwhelming holes in my game that I need to plug, so basing things off what I do might not be a winning bet. If you have the tech side down, it just is a matter of working with what works for you.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DeLux, you need to record matches of you vs like...a normal opponent so I can see what you are talking about. It would be nice to be able to incorporate 2 different styles.

DeLux

To be fair, my gameplan is predicated on the idea that you convert your grabs. Since I don't do that, I'd imagine it's closer to like 75% for baddies like me. Somebody competent would do much better imo

But I'm having a local this afternoon sooooo if my youtube decides to let me upload, I'll get on it

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I place the same in my region without practicing lol and I don't want to spend as much travelling so I don't really want to practice :/.

DeLux

I'm going to be live streaming in a bit of me teaching my buddy how to play some brawl

If you want to tune in, I'll take requests on how to do some technical crap with ICs

http://j-tv.me/oHCemf

Teh Future

Smash Master
youth programming?!?!?!?!?! wtf thats insane what do you program them to do? what is this world coming tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DeLux

Well today, I showed them how to use Dsmash.

And it took them all about 5 minutes to find MK. So the teens degenerated into 4 MK's walking around on Bridge of Eldin Dsmashing repeatedly in an FFA :)

Top Bottom