• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Teh Future

Smash Master
My ride for apex just dropped out =(

sucks cause it looked like I was gonna have to end up going and I doubt Ill ever get a chance to meet THE GREAT swordgard again

meepxzero

Smash Master
Apex is probably gonna be the last tourney I attend. After that I'm lookin for a job and yea living a regular life and not a bums life. Hopefully more icies step it up and become something greater than me or lain have ever become.

swordgard

Smash Hero
My ride for apex just dropped out =(

sucks cause it looked like I was gonna have to end up going and I doubt Ill ever get a chance to meet THE GREAT swordgard again
Its cool, il never get to meet the troll that you are irl either.

I think il get over it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
What do you guys think about ending cg's like this?
B throw>Foot stool>up smash & and have Nana up air while falling after the foot stool
That would be one smexy way to kill. :cool:
Except, I think in order for the uair to hit it'd end up being on the weak end of the move. And you'd have to CG to a higher percent to make sure you can kill.

I think il get over it.
All business.
Swordgard is like time...stopping for no one.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about ending cg's like this?
B throw>Foot stool>up smash & and have Nana up air while falling after the foot stool
No. As guest said it has to hit with the weaker part of the hitbox or else Up Air will change the direction in which they fly, and most likely wont kill untill 140%

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Well you would cg till about 140 ish to kill which is only a few more throws and somehow its like you sweet spot up smash him into a sweetspot up air. The momentum doesn't decrease at all either it looks as if it speeds it up a tad

Just alittle curious don't know if I want to pick ic's back up again lol

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Cg's are easy tho haha I don't see how ic mains drop them
Do it in tournament consistently against characters that arn't MK, I agree CG's arn't really hard, but in a tournament settings, its perfectly natural to drop the grab. Plus the longer the chaingrab, the more chances nana has of tripping from the pivot grab.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Try doing that consistantly in every tourney, every set, every match, every grab. Turning around instead of pivoting is harder imo.

Main ICs for a day in these times and try to not drop one grab in tourney.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
i use to main Marth/ICs Smoom lol
dropping cg's weren't the issue I just got bored of them, I also feel if you main them you should never drop cg's as its the most essential part of your game plan

It seems alot easier on LWs Vex with B throw > B throw you could also do it with alternating f throw

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
dropping cg's weren't the issue I just got bored of them, I also feel if you main them you should never drop cg's as its the most essential part of your game plan

It seems alot easier on LWs Vex with B throw > B throw you could also do it with alternating f throw
bthrow to bthrow causes nana to pivot still.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Try doing that consistantly in every tourney, every set, every match, every grab. Turning around instead of pivoting is harder imo.

Main ICs for a day in these times and try to not drop one grab in tourney.
I've actually been practicing my bthrow with nana soft turning so much that I'm more inclined to do that than pivot when on mid and heavyweights and a few lightweights, but I haven't been under the pressure of a tourney so I probably can't say that I would stay consistent with my soft turning. x.x

We're only human, mistakes happen (And so does Nana).

Though, I don't see how anyone could soft turn and expect to regrab jiggz off of bthrow. x.x MK is all ready pushing it for me.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
My hands shake in tourney settings, which isn't great for chain grabs. I don't drop them in friendlies. It's hard to practice anti-nerves.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Apex is probably gonna be the last tourney I attend. After that I'm lookin for a job and yea living a regular life and not a bums life. Hopefully more icies step it up and become something greater than me or lain have ever become.
k its cool if I dont meet you at apex ill just see you at another tourney.lol retiring

I think il get over it.
not sure what this means but I might still be coming LOL

!!!!!!!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
So, I've been practicing chaingrabbing, and I can mostly chaingrab most of the cast with relative ease, and I'm wondering, is hobbling reliable? It seems like at low %'s that you can mash out.

Swordgard we gonna have lots of discussions at Apex.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
You cant mash out of hobbling unless:
a) you take forever to throw
b) you don't buffer the ice block
c) The character's get up animation is much faster than the ice blocks' hitbox getting out. (like bowser)
d) Slopes, which put the character in their get up animation faster

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
You cant mash out of hobbling unless:
a) you take forever to throw
b) you don't buffer the ice block
c) The character's get up animation is much faster than the ice blocks' hitbox getting out. (like bowser)
d) Slopes, which put the character in their get up animation faster
A lower %'s though, because you're grabbing, Nana has to grab also, so you have to wait for her grab to end to do bthrow to footstool, I could be wrong, but thats the problem I'm currently having.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
yeah you cant buffer hobbles from my understanding because nana isnt don elanding by the time you get the grab

also its not bowsers get up animation that lets him get out (that makes no sense because if you're reset you cant do an attack get up) im pretty sure bowser is just so fat that he lands way earlier and the IB is too late to reset him

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
also its not bowsers get up animation that lets him get out (that makes no sense because if you're reset you cant do an attack get up) im pretty sure bowser is just so fat that he lands way earlier and the IB is too late to reset him
If that were true, then I couldn't Dthrow hobble him, which is false.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Bowser is just too big.

I think regular hobbling, you can do it earlier but smash hobbling yo should do later.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
If that were true, then I couldn't Dthrow hobble him, which is false.
dthrow hobbling probably makes him fall from a bit higher or something

the thing is that with bthrow he def hits the ground too fast, you can see it

like any of this matters anyways, bowser is probably the easiest fatass to bthrow CG in the cast

meepxzero

Smash Master
i hobble over 60% because its the most reliable cg at higher percents. I rely on alternate dthrow cgs and the timing becomes stricter over 80-90%. The timing is probably the same if you use dthrow-fthrow, but i never got comfortable with that cg. Its all really preference. Do what you are able to land with a 100% proficiency. Ive altered a lotta cgs over the year and found different cgs that arent the norm that work better for me than others.

Teh Future

Smash Master
So lets discuss what placings Ice Climbers mains get at APEX (assuming everyone trying to go does)

imo:

9th-Lain
13th-Meep
25th- Chthreethreesthree
33rd- Fewchure (scrub SD's like 3 times)

eliminated in pools- swordgard

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Okay, after a couple of tests, I have discovered that from 60% and above, you can Fthrow hobble bowser. And still, no Bthrow hobble. I hate bowser's bthrow, so I don't worry about it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
So lets discuss what placings Ice Climbers mains get at APEX (assuming everyone trying to go does)

imo:

9th-Lain
13th-Meep
25th- Chthreethreesthree
33rd- Fewchure (scrub SD's like 3 times)

eliminated in pools- swordgard

Still not losing to ganondorfs like others!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm not going to Apex, and Swordgard is going to top 8. Meep will outplace Lain.

Predictions, yeeee.

Top Bottom