• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So apparently, Guile's Theme fits all.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
This channel is so pro

My god. XD

Top 3 so far.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIGOLj3U-hM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIGOLj3U-hM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KII2mOxWRAA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KII2mOxWRAA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

And as much as I hate this movie and this company (moreso than I do #2)
The #1 "Guile's theme fits with everything", so far.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1lG06m_NDbM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1lG06m_NDbM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This thread is not about Guile.

This thread is about Dogysammich hating, not just The Lion King (aka one of the greatest films known to man), but Disney. As a whole. The whole ****ing company. Including the good things about it.

That's what this thread is about.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wow I'm mad I got called out like that.

No, this just goes to show that Guile's theme is so beast, it can make Disney movies good, which is hard to do.

___

And for the record, the reason why I hate Disney IS because they're pretty f'n racist. I mean lets be real about something, Like this awesome article I will never forget.

I actually knew about #1 looooooong before I read that article.

And then I have to ask everybody the same question I ask when they're like "Disney aint like that Dogy."

"Do you know what movie Splash Mountain came from? Bet you didn't know it came from Song of the South, which even Disney acknowledges is racist."

I mean to this day they still havent released that movie in it's entirety. One of the most popular rides at Disney, one of the most recognizable songs from the franchise (Zipp-a-Dee-Doo-Da), and nobody questions that.

And that's tip of the iceberg.

Oh trust me, when I say "I hate me some Disney", it's more than me just hating wack cartoons. (And yes, all racist stuff aside, I straight up just DONT like the stuff. Never found it interesting)

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
let's be real

the only thing comparably racist to disney is street fighter

hi my name is chun li i fight on a chinese street with chickens clucking and people delivering chinese food on bikes and moms are doing their laundry in an alley

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Somehow, about the Disney thing, I just don't care.

Something like that is gonna happen, and it will continue to happen. Getting sick by it will only ill you, ultimately. Ignore it. I have been fortunate enough not to have seen anything Disney related (movies, overall). It's just very difficult to bring up any emotion out of me anymore . . . :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFdMAD-DGZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFdMAD-DGZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Dogy you're creating a reason to justify you're hate of Disney when I honestly suspect you're just whack and don't like Disney.

I love Disney and half the stuff in that cracked article is really reaching for something that are hardly racist. Agrabah merchant is not at all racist considering that the time the movie is based in, they really did cut off limbs as punishment. If it's factual it's hardly racist. The king Louie comment is also interesting it should be one of the top comments I would tell people to read it. The red man song is also something I hesistate to call racist. It's far more misogynistic than anything. Cute little stories about minor racial references about natives doesn't elicit feelings of natves being inferior or less than any other person in any way.

According to the standards of this article, Panchito from The Three Caballeros would be in the top 5. Myself even as a Hispanic doesn't really feel insulted by the characterization of a Mexican rooster being a pistol whipping, piñata busting party animal. On the contrary The Three Caballeros is by far my favorite cartoon movie of all time, not just Disney.

As far as the truly racist stuff such as uncle Remus and thursday, you cannot blame the societal racist tendencies of that time on disney alone. That'd be like me blaming slavery on a single plantation owner.

Tl;dr he'll yeah im gonna call dogy out on that bs

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Anyone know what streetfighter that particular version of Guile's theme is from? I've been looking around and can't find the one he's using in all these awesome videos

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Anyone know what streetfighter that particular version of Guile's theme is from? I've been looking around and can't find the one he's using in all these awesome videos
i'm pretty sure its a redone version of his theme from street fighter 2 championship edition on sega

the power rangers one is by far the best one

i shall now wait for him to do one with that horrible street figher live action movie

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I didn't know Dogy had a CrashiC side to him. Well, the secrets out. :O

Truth be told, I do agree with some of the article that you linked.

But I do have a soft spot for Pixar though (Wall-E ftw).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow Dogy. You see nine examples of racism in a company that has probably created a total portfolio of several thousand feature length films, short films, and television shows, many of which are actually deep, well thought out explorations of race and gender relations, and you decide they're morally bankrupt enough to hate them? I mean, seriously. Come up with a better reason. Especially one where the majority of the offenses occurred after the break-up of the Soviet Union. Also, take note: the Cracked article is like any Cracked list. That is to say, it's mostly a humor piece.

At least you say that they've never caught your interest. That's at least a valid reason to not be excited about something, although it's far from a reason to hate something. Even then, not being able to find a single movie you enjoy out of Disney's staggering history is just really hard to believe.

Show some due respect, too. They're the only publisher to ever have an animated feature nominated for Best Picture in the Academy Awards. Not only that, but it's happened twice. They must be doing something right.

Frames

DI
lol i wanna see a merck vid where right where he knocks the guy out they do a slowdown and do the sound effects like in that baby breakdance video

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*Looks up at people getting bent over me stating my opinion*
Apparently nobody notes that I do have a ****ing mickey mouse keychain, cause it's been like, the only thing I've ever found in my life with my name on it

Show some respect?
"You can dislike me, but I will not be disrespected." -Haystak.

That's one simple rap phrase that I literally live by.

Sorry I dont like what you like.

____

in more important news.

umby is currently winning the guile theme show. XD

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why? because they had more money for the animation or because they couldn't think of anythign else to add to the movie, so they threw in random musical scenes by Elton John and constant references to Macbeth?

Purple

Hi guys!
lol @ people saying it's bad to not like something for being racist. Just let him not like it, you don't need to tell him to do different, there are just somethings you don't argue.

Top Bottom