• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Black:

Do the infinite 1-2 times for that extra 16% then fthrow them. Then go camp with 'nades while they recover, and if they try to close in, space with ftilt.

Also, I study it from 9am to 10pm (my hours of operation) >.>
nah, my style is more of ftilt then fair for the meteor, I've never much cared for the dthrow infinite, C4 on the underside of the ledge is more fun

also, If I'm not at work or doing my college work, I'm on here, idk the hours I'm on though but generally late into the night

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Fair for meteor is far to risky and will get you punished by most players. :p

You're better off C4'ing near the edge, placing a Mine at Roll Distance, and then if you have the time start up your Nikita, get it above the edge, aim it up, pause a second, drop it. Then wait for your opponents reaction.

(or **** the nikita and do a full hop/double jump nair so if they try to ledgehop)

I don't really care for the dthrow infinite, but when I can, I do >.>

Also c4 on Battlefield under stage is hilarious when your friends trying to ledgecamp you, then "Now!" KABOOM! *stage spiked*

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Fair for meteor is far to risky and will get you punished by most players. :p

You're better off C4'ing near the edge, placing a Mine at Roll Distance, and then if you have the time start up your Nikita, get it above the edge, aim it up, pause a second, drop it. Then wait for your opponents reaction.

(or **** the nikita and do a full hop/double jump nair so if they try to ledgehop)

I don't really care for the dthrow infinite, but when I can, I do >.>

Also c4 on Battlefield under stage is hilarious when your friends trying to ledgecamp you, then "Now!" KABOOM! *stage spiked*
I'm well aware of how dangerous fair is, I wasn't serious, in matches I tend to forget Snake has a fair, I just meant if I was gonna risk a free hit, I'd want one that kills

double mine spaced right on the ledge = sex, strip some nades out over the ledge, make them go for the stage only to hit a mine (or 2)

bolded = agreement

I would pay to see that happen to plank

SuSa

Lol... Silly Snake players... Snake has no fair...... >.> oh the quotes that will come from this.

I don't risky off-stage encounters. We all know Snake.. really... really... sucks... in the air.... hard....he's better on the ground.

Question:

Who here has blown themselves to ****ing smitherines at 180-200% with a c4 by accident.... and LIVED... :o *raises hand*

Proper DI is a must.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Lol... Silly Snake players... Snake has no fair...... >.> oh the quotes that will come from this.

I don't risky off-stage encounters. We all know Snake.. really... really... sucks... in the air.... hard....he's better on the ground.

Question:

Who here has blown themselves to ****ing smitherines at 180-200% with a c4 by accident.... and LIVED... :o *raises hand*

Proper DI is a must.
whats a fair? lol

I just toss cooked nades offstage then shield drop another to edgeguard, no need to go anywhere near the ledge >.>

I've C4 stage teched myself to 280 in a tourney match on my last stock only to ledgehop a retreating nair, killing a MK ftw, it was epic

does that count?

SuSa

whats a fair? lol

I just toss cooked nades offstage then shield drop another to edgeguard, no need to go anywhere near the ledge >.>

I've C4 stage teched myself to 280 in a tourney match on my last stock only to ledgehop a retreating nair, killing a MK ftw, it was epic

does that count?
Considering I can't stage-tech myself worth **** *goes to practice in training mode at FD as the CPU set to 150%* that does count. Also, that is epic. :laugh:

I go near the edge a little, but I mostly sit cooking and tossing nades :p after I set a mine and c4

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Considering I can't stage-tech myself worth **** *goes to practice in training mode at FD as the CPU set to 150%* that does count. Also, that is epic. :laugh:

I go near the edge a little, but I mostly sit cooking and tossing nades :p after I set a mine and c4
it won me $75 so I was happy

My snake is afraid of heights, he only goes to the ledge when there is no other option

well... depending on the matchup, sometimes a run off bair stage spike is necessary (or too epic to pass up)

I wonder if our random talk is answering any questions?

SuSa

Oh yah... that reminds me for the video guide.......

Stage-spiking with c4, bair, epic grenade play (throw it against stage and catch it.... lol....), using the cypher to star KO (that is ALWAYS epic... haven't done it in a tourney, but I've done it 4 times in friendlies)

Snake's don't like heights, why do you think they slither and not fly? :) lol

EDIT:

I'm sure we're answering SOME questions.... and letting people know some good uses for things. lol

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of stage spikes, what moves that snake has can he stage spike with?

I once thought I had discovered a spike when I only hit with the first hit od D3's dair, but it was really close to the edge and I realised it was a stage spike.

%$#*!

Spiking/meteoring people is fun.

:bigthumbu

Hmmm...

:hunger:

SuSa

Bair, last hit of nair/dair, uair (if they are under a lip), grenades, c4, nikita.... and that covers it methinks.

Practical ones:

Bair
Grenades
C4
Nikita

Ones that you'll get 1/10-20 matches most likely

Bair
Grenades

Ones that you'll get 10/50-60 matches
Nikita
C4

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Oh yah... that reminds me for the video guide.......

Stage-spiking with c4, bair, epic grenade play (throw it against stage and catch it.... lol....), using the cypher to star KO (that is ALWAYS epic... haven't done it in a tourney, but I've done it 4 times in friendlies)

Snake's don't like heights, why do you think they slither and not fly? :) lol

EDIT:

I'm sure we're answering SOME questions.... and letting people know some good uses for things. lol
also, mortar sliding with a nade, throw it up, uptilt = sexy kill

Flying snakes, thats ridiculous

lol, hopefully

EDIT, mortar missile can stage spike if it hits somebody recovering below stage, its pretty common if you edgeguard by throwing out upsmashes

SuSa

also, mortar sliding with a nade, throw it up, uptilt = sexy kill

lol, hopefully

EDIT, mortar missile can stage spike if it hits somebody recovering below stage, its pretty common if you edgeguard by throwing out upsmashes

lol, hopefully

That snake has been inhalin'.

Not a herion related post, but helium.

Snake says in high-pitched voice: Go!
Great, now we Snake's have two snake meme's.

1. "Flying Snakes, thats ridiculous"
2. "Camp with 'nades space with ftilt"

Also, yah I forgot about Upsmash >.> but its a bit more risky and less worth it then other methods.

Also yes, DAC with a grenade... from 'same spot' and a roll away, or a small walk back....

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Great, now we Snake's have two snake meme's.

1. "Flying Snakes, thats ridiculous"
2. "Camp with 'nades space with ftilt"

Also, yah I forgot about Upsmash >.> but its a bit more risky and less worth it then other methods.

Also yes, DAC with a grenade... from 'same spot' and a roll away, or a small walk back....
whats a fair?

its not so risky if used properly, I only try it if the opponent has to recover vertically so it works on a good chunk of the cast

it cooks them almost perfectly, and nobody is ready for the nade DAC to shield explosion

SuSa

LOL my question time...

Can you Grenade Strip (or Grenade Drop w/e) a Shield Dropped Grenade?

I haven't bothered to test, but I know you can Grenade Drop a normally tossed 'nade by just shield dropping another...

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
LOL my question time...

Can you Grenade Strip (or Grenade Drop w/e) a Shield Dropped Grenade?

I haven't bothered to test, but I know you can Grenade Drop a normally tossed 'nade by just shield dropping another...
as long as its your nade you can strip it whether shield dropped or normal tossed

by shield dropping a second grenade it'll make the first one regardless of where it is, who's holding it, or anything else fall straight down

its very useful for edgeguarding

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Active people:

Havokk, Black_Heretic, 8Angel8, Taeran

Is there any more? XD
Don't worry, I'm only the forerunner of a vast swarm of noobs that are about to swarm the board.

It will be an OVERSWARM!!!!!

*OS pops his head out of the sea of noobs*

I will be at their lead...

:flame:

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
lol if Overswarm searches his name and come here like WTF?
Meh, probably not, OS's feelings toward brawl now that MK wasn't banned...

:nes::smash:

At my lead, any noob who asks about double cypher shall be flogged to death!

Most of them are too stupid to type faster then a man shrunk to the size of an atom!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
:laugh: Depends how useful those 'more' are...

If we get noobs who ask about the double up-B. There will be hell. (read my sticky, rofl)
I still say we should sticky a thread that says why Nades don't beat D3's cg unless he f***s up

we've gotten like 3 of those threads in the past few weeks

also, we have 2 useful people then me and you who are on every thread

its like a little family

SuSa

I still say we should sticky a thread that says why Nades don't beat D3's cg unless he f***s up

we've gotten like 3 of those threads in the past few weeks

also, we have 2 useful people then me and you who are on every thread

its like a little family
:laugh: Angel is the father, you're the...second father! :confused:, I'm some random noob who came and become the child.

And now we have a second child :psycho:

Screw it.

Genetic Father, Clone Father, and me and the new guy are clones.

Let's stick somewhat to the MGS storyline :lick:

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
:laugh: Angel is the father, you're the...second father! :confused:, I'm some random noob who came and become the child.

And now we have a second child :psycho:

Screw it.

Genetic Father, Clone Father, and me and the new guy are clones.

Let's stick somewhat to the MGS storyline :lick:
I mained Snake before Angel... s***, I've used Snake since release XD

Nic64

Smash Lord
have you tried mashing B while screaming CRAB BATTLE!?

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
*sniffles* awww... I'm the baby clone!

Edit: Or maybe the embreyo...

Edit 2: We should get back on topic...

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
*sniffles* awww... I'm the baby clone!

Edit: Or maybe the embreyo...
You can be Raiden, but then nobody would like you and we'd make fun of you for getting ball grabbed by the president

EDIT: @ your edit 2, ask a question somebody

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I check this thread to help out and it turns out I somehow became a parent, lol.

Yeah, I'm pretty new to Snake myself, but I came up with the best advice next to "Don't get hit." I'm talking, of course, about "Camp with 'Nades and space with Ftilt."

Man, the D3 threads are kinda getting out of hand. I know it's probably our hardest matchup, but people need to accept that and learn to not get grabbed, rather than thinking they discovered a way out with 'nades.

Since this is a QandA thread, when do you guys use the Dair? The only use I have for it as of now is out of shield when they're close and short enough that I know I can DI behind if they shield.

-Ran

Smash Master
Jab cancel -> Dair.
Perfect Shield laggy attack -> Dair.
Down throw -> Dair.
Never out of Spot Dodge.
Never as a short hop.
Never as a full hop.
Never as a double hop.
On the rare occasion as I fall down vs someone approaching aerially when they are anticipating an air dodge.

Really, the Dair doesn't have much use where it is the optimum choice, or when it is actually safe.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Edgeguard? Hmm... I'll have to try it. I've always just used Full hop nair. If you do it right as they get up, you cover almost all their options. If they just get up or jump up, they'll get hit, and their get up attack will usually go under you. If they just jump away, you won't be punished since they have to get back.

-Ran

Smash Master
Dair doesn't cancel into a ledge grab so chasing off level with it isn't recommend. Aside from the fact that Snake has crap priority in the air.

SuSa

battlefield, smashville..... >.> he does good on neutrals... lol

check the Snake Stage Discussion thread in a few weeks for more details

also:

Can some others post on the Stage Discussion? lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom