• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I've been just starting up Snake this past week, and one of the things I can't get down is when getting hit by a C4 in the air so you have another opportunity to recover with Up B. I can't get it down I just Fastfall to death before I can get hit by the C4. Could someone give me some tips on how to practice this, if so I'd greatly appreciate it.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Oh yeah. @Havokk
Thanks for bringing the snake boards back to life.
Theres now like 7 active threads thanks to you.
xD

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Everyone thanks me.

Don't thank me until I get MK banned. >.> then you can thank me (even if you didn't want him banned)

That's my only goal, nothing personal with Snake but I feel he has the biggest chance of crushing MK (yet again) therefore I'm trying to jumpstart his metagame again.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I THOUGHT it had a range of times. I try to time it perfectly, and it seems like I'm off sometimes. That would explain it.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Everyone thanks me.

Don't thank me until I get MK banned. >.> then you can thank me (even if you didn't want him banned)

That's my only goal, nothing personal with Snake but I feel he has the biggest chance of crushing MK (yet again) therefore I'm trying to jumpstart his metagame again.
When play MK I just spam nades'
My spacing is horrible.
I have no idea how to work on it xD

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
@ IxxI-Use Ftilt more.

Do Kirby's copied grenades have all the same properties, ATs, ect.?

That would be very useful to me against Snake when I'm playing Kirby if they did.

Yea Snake Boards Recuperating!

*Dances Like a Hamster*

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
As far as I can tell, Kirby's grenades are identical to Snake's. I have yet to see them act differently in any way.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hopefully this will reduce pointless threads.

/sticky

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
What are Snake's worst stages?

I would love detailed information on how you feel about Norfair, Brinstar, and Pirate Ship specifically.

SuSa

What are Snake's worst stages?

I would love detailed information on how you feel about Norfair, Brinstar, and Pirate Ship specifically.
Norfair = Stage Control HEAVEN. We can place a Mine on the bottom platform, a C4 on another platform, then camp on the far most platform while chucking grenades at you. And theres almost nothing you can do unless your a character like Pit/Fox/Falco :laugh:

Norfair = Stage control paradise, lava saves us from being spiked, VERY VERY easy top KO's with utilt and c4 due to low ceiling. Ftilt KO's at very low %'s as well.

Snake's playground basically.

Brinstar = Personally I hate this stage :/ the lava can save us from spikes, or recovery saves us otherwise, we KO early off the sides, and decent off the top. But you really have to get used to this stage to play it well. Again, platforms = stage control for us. It's also really hard to camp vs us here.

Pirate Ship = Screw this stage. When we get in the water, we're done for. It's average KO's from the side, decent KO's from top, nowhere we can camp, we have mediocre stage control.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
Thanks that helps a ton already. I'd love input from others as well.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I have three questions. First of all, would it be at all useful when trying to edgeguard to simply spam the Up smash standing on the edge? I don't mean mindlessly c-sticking of course, but waiting for a good opportunity to make some sort of move according to their reaction. Second, would it be easy enough to plant c4 directly on your opponent immediately following a sidestepped attack from them? One with at least a medium amount of lag of course. Finally, does the c4 planted on a person stay for the full duration of the normally planted c4? I would assume so but I was curious. The first two questions are my primary focus, I started playing snake last night and pulled an all nighter trying to get this guy down a bit. I feel I made fantastic progress for the amount of time I played, and am hoping I just mesh well with his character. I have HOBO to prepare for after all.

Edit: HOLD ON! WHAT IS THIS TOM FOOLERY! I was reading through the thread, did I see that depending on controller ports aspects of your gameplay can change? If thats the case, could someone tell me where to find this out, or tell me what the deal is, I did see anything about that while i was scanning the threads earlier.

Edit Edit: Oh, I found the rest of the conversation, I guess ports does not affect snakes c4 recovery. BY GOD I SWEAR TO BE THE GREATEST SNAKE IN HOUSTON!

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm having trouble planting the C4 on the side of the stages like shown in the Snake Stage Discussion, any suggestions on how I can practice this?

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
I have three questions. First of all, would it be at all useful when trying to edgeguard to simply spam the Up smash standing on the edge? I don't mean mindlessly c-sticking of course, but waiting for a good opportunity to make some sort of move according to their reaction. Second, would it be easy enough to plant c4 directly on your opponent immediately following a sidestepped attack from them? One with at least a medium amount of lag of course. Finally, does the c4 planted on a person stay for the full duration of the normally planted c4? I would assume so but I was curious. The first two questions are my primary focus, I started playing snake last night and pulled an all nighter trying to get this guy down a bit. I feel I made fantastic progress for the amount of time I played, and am hoping I just mesh well with his character. I have HOBO to prepare for after all.

Edit: HOLD ON! WHAT IS THIS TOM FOOLERY! I was reading through the thread, did I see that depending on controller ports aspects of your gameplay can change? If thats the case, could someone tell me where to find this out, or tell me what the deal is, I did see anything about that while i was scanning the threads earlier.

Edit Edit: Oh, I found the rest of the conversation, I guess ports does not affect snakes c4 recovery. BY GOD I SWEAR TO BE THE GREATEST SNAKE IN HOUSTON!
Ehh, this is IMO but I find spamming Usmash to be a lousy way of edgeguarding. There are multiple ways to edgeguard effectively, but it depends on what character you are facing.

If it's like a Marth or Toon Link, you can assume they will want to sweet spot the ledge, therefore you can either plant a C4/Mine for when they get off the ledge, throw/drop nades/c4's to try for a stage spike, wait to edgehog or just wait for what they do at the ledge.

For characters like ROB or other Snakes, they will want to go high so they can avoid you and get back onstage (Okay, not so much rob.) You can U smash spam here or go for a Double Jump Nair.

Speaking of Nair, it is a fantastic edgeguarding move, you can full hop it to get all 4 kicks, double jump autocancel it, or jump off the edge and nair to discourage low recoverers.

C4 does not stay for the full duration, it can fall off or get stuck to you if you make contact with the stuck character. (It makes the sticky noise again if it swapped back to you) But there are a few seconds after you initially stick the C4 that it can't be swapped, about 3-5 seconds IIRC.

And if you are close enough then yes you can C4 sticky, you can also sticky through sheilds, which is fantastic when someone dash sheild approaches you or sheilds after a d-throw.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Do stage transforms remove mines?
Depends on where on the stage it is, if its on the far side of the second Castle Siege stage, it can get left behind, same for a few Delfino parts. If its in the middle of a stage during a transformation, it'll just be dropped to the next platform it can land on

SuSa

Contact = you hit your opponent
No contact = approaching/retreating

The only small difference is the slightly delay you get for hitting them. >.> otherwise I say its all in peoples heads........

And please watch the video guides, you'll learn a ton XD

SuSa

They aren't, but some of your questions were answered in video 3 I believe.

Also check my sticky "Everything you ever needed to know"

Only up to vid 3... school and chores are in the way.

Video 4 (stage control) should come tomorrow if I'm not stuck babysitting from 3-6, eating dinner from 6-6:30, chores to 7:30, babysitting again until 8:30, then finally being able to update/edit/confirm/test/brawl/record 3 videos................

:| today was such a busy day.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Havokk, The reason why people think its easier to do no contact is because it is.

You don't need to cancel the dash attack, you can just slam up smash.

Although, I don't think it goes as far, and nor can you charge it.

@ msmfromdaridge-Learn to do the no contact.

Contact is less useful (when not canceled) in every possible situation.
It's still a snakedash, but it isn't a DAC.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Okay, the non contact is where you dash attack and cancel with up z right? Ive been trying to practice but its given me one hell of a time. The timing is killing me, reminds of when i was learning the melee fox drill shine and crap. I love it.

Edit: I was practicing with snake earlier and the computer randomed a samus. During the match I was able to stop one of the green missles with the first jab. Are there any other projectiles that snake can stop like that? I'm gonna assume not but you never know.

Edit Edit: Well I went and decided to test that a bit. Is it just out prioritizing? Why does marth get such nice word about his fanning ability? It seems just the same. In fact, with the jab you can just hold the A button and his continuous jabs seemed to stop most of the projectiles of the characters.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Edit: I was practicing with snake earlier and the computer randomed a samus. During the match I was able to stop one of the green missles with the first jab. Are there any other projectiles that snake can stop like that? I'm gonna assume not but you never know.

Edit Edit: Well I went and decided to test that a bit. Is it just out prioritizing? Why does marth get such nice word about his fanning ability? It seems just the same. In fact, with the jab you can just hold the A button and his continuous jabs seemed to stop most of the projectiles of the characters.
can someone explain please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom