• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Double Recovery

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
It's taking stupidly long to process. Normally my vids take like 2 minutes most to process, especially such a small one... >.>

YouTube's being a pain in the butt.. This is taking over an hour, honestly WTF

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You foot stooled him at 0:39.

It is a footstool. no, the footstool will not send snake out of his cypher, but it will let him do another one. How many times do I have to say this?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
My buddy actually pointed something out to me and I think he's right

Watch the slo mo, Snake actually threw a grenade and instantly re'Cypher'd

ShortFactor is his name, he commented the video shortly after telling me over Yahoo

Cazitha_90

Smash Rookie
Really? He didn't footstool him, actually, I'm positive, and the first one blew up.

EDIT: I know he didn't because the blue bounce line when he double jumped can be seen.

NVM, I take it back.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Really? He didn't footstool him, actually, I'm positive, and the first one blew up.

EDIT: I know he didn't because the blue bounce line when he double jumped can be seen.

NVM, I take it back.
Sorry buddy, you footstooled him at 00:39. Hopefully people will see this and quit posting these.

J4pu

Smash Champion
You footstooled him when you ledge dropped, watch some of the other similar videos, he doesn't show the footstool animation because his upB has "juggernaut armor". he also doesnt have to upB again immediately after the footstool, but instead can wait until that upB is used up.

The cypher explosion is just the normal animation of an unused cypher when you take out another cypher, UpB from the ground, drop immediately and UpB again, you'll see your explosion.

This was all figured out yesterday in the brawl tactical discussion section.

I don't take credit for knowing about the cypher explosion animation, somebody else posted that yesterday.

AlphaWeapon

Smash Rookie
he didn't hit himself with a grenade, the percentage doesn't change. And if he hits the cypher with a grenade without hitting himself, he still wouldn't have his recovery a second time.
Footstool yey

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
You foot stooled him at 0:39.

It is a footstool. no, the footstool will not send snake out of his cypher, but it will let him do another one. How many times do I have to say this?
it will never end. i've seen 1000 people wondering about double recovery for snake or sonic and its always footstools that they don't notice.

IDK

Smash Lord
i think anyone that can use aerials after their upb has the same affect. like sonic. not MK though. glide attack doesnt count.

Top Bottom