• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 in Champaign, IL February 7th (MELEE) ***EVENT UPDATE***

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I really want to come to this. Its like the only weekend I have off until summer lol! And I really need some Melee so I'll do everything I can to be there.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im not sure if I mentioned but I plan on showing up. Making this my 4th or 5th smym apperience
Do i really need to send an email to preregister. I just dont want to put that time and effort

Tink

Smash Hero
hey, are there any like, cheaper hotels(La quinta, super 8...) around the venue o_0? cause im pretty sure we are gonna wanna get a hotel room.....anybody wanna throw down on that?(smoking room <_< )

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
yes there are cheaper places
just ctrl+f and type in a cheap hotel/motel and it'll probably be there

if they sleep in grainger, where do they park... lol

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yes there is a La Quinta, Super 8 and other cheap places around campus.

I've slept in Grainger before. Just get one of those study rooms on the 4th floor and camp out under the table. It's awesome. The janitors come in periodically to give you funny looks.

Parking is free on weekends at certain lots and meters starting Fridays after I think 6 or 9 depending on the location of the meter. There's plenty of spots in the lot near Grainger.

I don't actually recommend trying to stay at Grainger.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Parking may be free on weekends, but you can't park on campus from 2-6AM.

Scythe

Smash Master
Hey AOB this has nothing to do with the tourney but check out this old school picture

You prolly don't remember but this was from MLG Chicago 2005. I'm the guy on the very left. I remember finding this picture on the mlg website after the tourney. I accidentally found this on my comp the other day lol.

Random post over.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
want to make it to this reel bad. Not sure if I'll make it being stuck out in Ohio and all though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
looks like I'll be coming to this, and teaming with sethlon of all people

Vro

Smash Lord
hey, are there any like, cheaper hotels(La quinta, super 8...) around the venue o_0? cause im pretty sure we are gonna wanna get a hotel room.....anybody wanna throw down on that?(smoking room <_< )
i will participate.

AlkaTri

Smash Rookie
i can definitely make this but i need a doubles partner. i main falco and i can do most of the technical stuff except for double shining... im not gonna lie, im not that good but if anyone knows hoefler i play with him almost every weekend down at school, and he usually beats me, but whatever. I also play with dew rag often, so thats kind of where im at. If anyones interested just post it in here or send me a PM.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Fort Wayne Crew

Me (Depends how school is going at that time)
Oran
Nick
Hyanou
AC
Ben

are the most likely. There may be more coming from around the area so we will see.

Chad I want to see some awesome pikachu like I did at 7. That was great

Top Bottom