• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 in Champaign, IL February 7th (MELEE) ***EVENT UPDATE***

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
As long as my tech stays intact(problems with repetitive strain injuries) I will gladly accept or initiate mm's either here or at SMYM that is also provided that this still happens because I'm hella stoked about this lol =).

Tink

Smash Hero
the last few were in the 60-100 range i believe....usually quite big, and this looks to be really big, so.

Tink

Smash Hero
see, thats a good idea, and i love the stage strike, but ALOTTT of people still dont get it for some reason, and it takes up extra time....i mean, its not alot, but added up throughout the day, and it will be....atleast, i thought it went that way when we tried it.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
People who don't understand it and don't want to bother asking someone are probably just going to go random anyway, and they're welcome to do so. And the extra time is probably about 10 seconds per set...?

Tink

Smash Hero
it can act take some time(not a horrendous amount), with the strikes/bans.....well, when it act matters, like, in the finals rounds....and noobs are gonna be noobs. every tourny that there are pools, people somehow still dont get it and i have seen the same happening for strike out.

if you just print out a stage list for every station, and announce like, clearrrrrly what happens with it, it shouldnt be bad....but i have noticed alot of people throughout the tourny that mess it up, with either, how you start the striking, or how many strikes you get in a row, before it goes back to the other person. almost nobody does it the same, so, need to make a FOR SURE set of rules for it. so people dont mess it up <_<.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
:( I like my random stagelist.

I will definitely need to make it to this. I'm tired of missing tournaments.

Zjiin

Smash Master
it can act take some time(not a horrendous amount), with the strikes/bans.....well, when it act matters, like, in the finals rounds....and noobs are gonna be noobs. every tourny that there are pools, people somehow still dont get it and i have seen the same happening for strike out.

if you just print out a stage list for every station, and announce like, clearrrrrly what happens with it, it shouldnt be bad....but i have noticed alot of people throughout the tourny that mess it up, with either, how you start the striking, or how many strikes you get in a row, before it goes back to the other person. almost nobody does it the same, so, need to make a FOR SURE set of rules for it. so people dont mess it up <_<.
I vote for an example match to be displayed for the tourney, for all to see. Now to get some smash actors... (no one from the Generic Tournament vid, please. LOL) Also, explain to people that teams doesn't give you extra strikeouts.

Watty

Smash Lord
good weekened picked i have this off so i will be a t it for sure

Top Bottom