• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 in Champaign, IL February 7th (MELEE) ***EVENT UPDATE***

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
Running List of Attendees
(people who have expressed interest)

Dew Rag
BigD
Juke
Dekuschrub
Brickman
Zicone
illboyzeus
slomo431
Quaz
TRE1
4% APR
AOB
Megachuk
BigR
Hoefler
ice-
Doggalina
Jturley46
alcoady
SilentJupiter
TheWalkingThano
alcheato
Ray Chun
BlackPanther
Cosmo!
Brightside
Mars
Tink
khepri
Me14k
fletch71011
Viperboy
MattDotZeb
darkrain
CaptainLove911
Matt Radovich
marth1
Zjiin

38 People

Edit: please pre-register at smym9prereg@gmail.com

brickman

Smash Lord
I honestly will probably go if Darkrain goes.
Scar, I think I almost went and drove to Philly when I was in D.C. this summer, I think I had talked to you about it earlier this summer. You must come. I want to play against you very badly.

Do it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Definitely haha I MM'd everyone that asked @ E52, even if it was just for like a dollar. Keprhi ended up trying to give me 4 quarters LOL.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Definitely haha I MM'd everyone that asked @ E52, even if it was just for like a dollar. Keprhi ended up trying to give me 4 quarters LOL.
I would of got my MM in on Sunday against you but, I guess our driver wanted to leave in the morning. Hope you come to SMYM!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is this tourney gonna be like near national size? I was planning on holding a national tourney in the East Coast like 2 weekends after this, but I don't want to conflict with this, and push mine a tad further back if I need to.

dmac

Smash Champion
Is this tourney gonna be like near national size? I was planning on holding a national tourney in the East Coast like 2 weekends after this, but I don't want to conflict with this, and push mine a tad further back if I need to.
this is the exact kind of common courtesy we(melee players) need to have. props to chibosempai

brickman

Smash Lord
By all means I would like to see it at a national level, I just need to keep getting the word out to everyone. I don't think that turnout will be low due to a lack of interest, only a lack of actually getting word out about the tournament.

I'm going to need a place to still all you people, though...

khepri

Smash Lord
By all means I would like to see it at a national level, I just need to keep getting the word out to everyone. I don't think that turnout will be low due to a lack of interest, only a lack of actually getting word out about the tournament.

I'm going to need a place to still all you people, though...
Put this on tournament listings and on the other regional zones as well. I talked to Florida and some other people about SMYM9 while I was at Event 52 and they seemed interested. Giving them a reminder might be a good idea.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I love bursting your bubbles, guys--I'm not sure we have the makings of a huge national tourney here. This is not a 2-day event with lots of free housing. We have the location for not even 12 hours, and housing is going to be limited to whatever room people have in their apartments (remember, I am not housing this time). And don't even think about flying in.

Of course, we've had plenty of out-of-state attendance in the past. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from coming.

Quaz

Smash Master
I still plan on coming to this

Hey Khepri could I call a ride with you guys? actually I guess Kels would be driving but tell him I wanna call a spot before the car is full

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the tourney still looks great (unfortunately its too much of a travel for me lol, dont have the $ to fly outta philly), but I doubt it will be much of a conflict with mine then. The closest it will be held to this will be on the weekend of the 21st (feb), or it could be even further back. im hoping to confirm the date within a week

brickman

Smash Lord
True, there likely will not be a lot of free housing, but obviously we will start looking into hotels in the area and find out which are cheapest.

As far as the actual space, it's true, we only have it from 12 pm-12am I believe, but I hope we can get everything set up and taken down after these hours.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Didn't someone mention the possibility the venue would let us come in early? It'd allow you guys to be all set up by the time noon rolls around. Any news on that front?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I hope we can get everything set up and taken down after these hours.
No. We have always been expected to be gone by whatever end time, not mostly finished up and getting ready to leave. Whether we can come in early and set up is still up in the air, last I've heard.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
we can start earlier if there is nothing going on in the morning on that day. Meaning the earliest we can get in is 9 or earlier i believe

We will find out if we have that morning open later on as the date nears

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A venue that only allows 12 hrs for one day for a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament?

Show them Darkrain vs. Cactuar set from e-52, it will hypnotize them into changing their minds.

Top Bottom