• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 in Champaign, IL February 7th (MELEE) ***EVENT UPDATE***

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, i dont see the problem here <_<.....every smym was like this and all were amazing(thanks in part to andy of course =) ). most of them had upwards of 70+ people at them as well. thats a pretty big tournament if you ask me <_<.

Echo

Smash Champion
I'll see if anyone else from the crew wants to go... if they do we'll probably show up. Still a long time away yet so its hard to say.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm not sure if I'll be there all for the whole thing. I mean, what am I gonna do for 12 hours... play Melee? Bring some homework?

brickman

Smash Lord
this will run smoothly and fit in 12 hours, i dont care what anyone says
Agreed.

We will need help to do so, this will require the help of some pro *** organizers though. Namely, Mr. Andy O'Brien esq. and anyone else who has been previously involved in SMYMs.

We can be pessimistic about this, or we could get really excited and work our ***** off and make sure that we have a melee event that lives up to the awesome reputation of SMYM.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm not coming at all if you call me AOB, and I will not come AND I will think bad things about Jews if you call me AoB with a lowercase "o." It's not Ace of Bass or *** of Bowser or Anything of Bwhatever, it's Andy O'Brien.

I'm actually puzzled--it's easier to hold shift for the whole thing. Why do so many people go to the trouble of not capitalizing the o when it's supposed to be uppercase? I guess an acronym with two letters surrounding an o just feels better if the o is small.

brickman

Smash Lord
Andy, your name has been very fixed.

Unfortunately, Dave O has remained Dave McDoogle ever since that fateful tournament when you played for the last name of O'Brien.

brickman

Smash Lord
he was so young...

Also, this needs to be directed back to the UIUC thread.

We'll try and figure out when and where, if necessary to be rescheduled, the tournament will be.

We'll try and keep it as close to the original date as possible, and perhaps it wont change at all, but we want to make sure we can accommodate everyone and make sure this is best.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
A venue that only allows 12 hrs for one day for a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament?

Show them Darkrain vs. Cactuar set from e-52, it will hypnotize them into changing their minds.
i believe most or all SMYM's were like this so i don't see why you should be complaining

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The last two finished up by midnight (out of necessity). Of course, we had a few hours in the morning to set up, and if we get those few hours this time around, there shouldn't be any problems.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Boy, for once I make a helpful, well-meaning post with no jokes, and this is what I get.

JTurley (I remember you--we played on Gamebattles), just ask darkrain. SMYM is one of his favorite tourneys.

dmac

Smash Champion
i think they killed off doin teams pools too... just straight bracket play with crew separation seeding

dmac

Smash Champion
im thinkin of some earlier smyms then... they did do that at least once

i think thats what happened at 3... oh man that was a long time ago...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
At 3 we didn't do pools at all. We had almost 100 people, which at the time was more than we were ready for.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm coming to this for sure. I emailed to pre-reg. I love you ****ing americans.

mms when I come through anyone? I want to meet all the awesome people I didn't get to at e52. Oh..and dmac 3rd strike all daaai we have to find a way to set that **** up at this. lol

Mars-

Smash Champion
I am going to try to make this but I am not sure yet because it's a 3 hour ride, which in my opinion is worth it but not my parents, zZz.

Anyway is there housing for this?

dmac

Smash Champion
the venue doesn't allow for a two day event, its not an option... its a church. melee on a sunday would be blasphemous!

Top Bottom