• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 10 - Champaign IL, Aug 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Show Me Your Moves 10

Saturday Aug 1 2009
11AM - 12AM (that's midnight!)
Doors open at 9AM, signups start at 10AM
Tourney starts at 11AM, not noon!
Building must be vacated by midnight.

McKinley Church and Foundation
809 S. Fifth St.
Champaign, IL 61820
http://www.mckinley-church.org/

Intersection of Fifth and Daniel. Park in the multi-level parking lot on the other side of Fifth street--parking elsewhere may get you towed.

Stuff

This is the championship for the Midwest Melee Circuit--you know how it works by now, right?? There are prizes for top placers at the tournament as well as prizes for top point-earners throughout the entire season.

$5 venue fee (waived if you bring a TV that is not small)
$10 per person for teams
$15 for singles
15% of the pot is pulled for the Circuit Champions
Remaining pot will be split as follows:
1 - 60%
2 - 30%
3 - 10%
4 - $10 (per person)
5 - $5 (per person)
The TO may be taking a reasonable cut (to be determined) as compensation for his hard work.

Tournament Rules

Doubles and singles pools will be seeded primarily by circuit points, and randomly for those with no points. Doubles pools will feed into a bracket of 16 teams; singles pools will feed into a bracket of 64 players. Doubles pools--and possibly singles pools--will be 3 stock. Everything else, time permitting, will be 4 stock.
Winners' Finals, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals for both tournaments will be sets of 5. All other matches will be sets of 3.

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages limited to the 6 starter stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (singles only), Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Counter stages: Rainbow cruise, Brinstar, Mute City (singles only), Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom II
•Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
•Knock-out: Each person may knock out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected before any stages are chosen for the set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then
loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick for the first game of a set may be called at any time
•Wobbling is banned

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller modifications: removal of components/buttons and cosmetic changes are allowed. Other modifications, add-ons, or turbo/programmed buttons are not allowed.
-- Naughtiness such as throwing round robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
-- Being absent for your match for more than X minutes/calls will be grounds for forfeiture, where X is subject to time constraints and the TO's remaining patience.
-- No stalling (making yourself unreachable by your opponent) or making matches unfinishable or other such evildoing.
-- You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Housing & Help

For directions:
Andy (217) 766-4794 (NOT between 12AM-7AM or I'll be really mad)
Tom "marth1" (815) 814-5309

I can pick you up from Willard airport, but I won't house you. If you fly into any other airport, you'll have to get a ride from someone else.
At this time, only viperboy has offered (limited) housing: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237108
Google knows a lot more about local hotels than I do, so ask him.

Me14k

Smash Lord
When is move in for u of I? I'm going to be a freshy at uiuc next year...if I have access to a dorm, I can house a couple people for free (Im gonna live in IT, so i'll have plenty of space assuming my roommates are cool with it).

(Delaying the date as much as possible would be super awesome..)

dmac

Smash Champion
130 people on the ground floor room is gonna smell like bad stuff bunbun, you really dont want that

Dopey

Smash Lord
"130 people on the ground floor room is gonna smell like bad stuff bunbun, you really dont want that" dmacsies

qouted for truth. but im down for whatever, god invented nosepluggs for a reason =p

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Tommy ~ I can see about the 8th. Tell Matty to make sure that works for him too.

Tink

Smash Hero
i havnt missed a smym since i started going, so ill def be here for this.....who wants to win teams with me 0_o? =)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Has darkrain missed any? I think he may be one of only two people who has been to every one (the other being me, obviously).

alcoady

Smash Ace
I'm gunna need a partner too, i was gunna team w/ trail but i'd rather team w/ someone who Doesn't chew on mansacks (that's right trail...Mansacks...all one word).

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well, hopefully I have a vehicle by August which is very likely...all I know is I definitely want to make it to another one of these...before August 12th would be AMAZING, but I can't even get out of pools yet alone take 1 round off of anyone yet(other than doubles, EP and I did win a MATCH, OMG!) so I don't blame anyone if me saying this doesn't impact the date at all xD Just sayin', early August sounds fantastic ^_^!

Tink

Smash Hero
so is there any way we can make this 15$ for singles this time around? or would it be too messing with the smym tradition? i jus wanted to try to get mango to come again when we will have our best's act at the tournament 0_o?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ill see what i can do

and darkrain said that

so take that **** off as ur sig son =D

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
is this worth it to go to? Last one was pretty hype right? Never been to a SMYM tourney*

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'm hosting a pretty big melee tourney in southerrn WI on the 15th, so if you could avoid that date I'd appreciate it. =)

Also, I may come to this depending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom