• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMURF, NASTY, & FURY PRESENT: BATTLE ROYALE EASTER SMASH!! W. READING, PA. APRIL 11th

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahaha if we can get a small tourney together that'd be tight

either way ill be down for melee after the tourney mostly, since my focus is going to melee after this tourney :D

(even though thats all ive really been practicing anyway)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I very rarely play brawl outside of tournament, but I still practice melee all the time

that's weird...

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
yay! what happened, shane or that matt l guy not coming?

edit: o truth, rev told me you dont think kruton is going up anymore. if so, we can get you. just be prepared to listen to my loud music hahaha
Yeah that's cool, i'll have my iPod on me and more than likely i'm gonna be sleepin most of the way =p

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
i doubt there will be melee lol..who would enter it?

it would be

plank
g-reg
umbra
javi

:p
i know this one kid here that is itching to play good ppl in melee so he'll join too. melee, however, is pretty much gonna be up to you guys to know the rules. i'm sure yous all know what's banned and all that and i trust yous can all be adults on figuring out what to do. :)

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
wowo i never thought i would be saying this (yes i did) but **** is tomm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im gonna pwn so0o0o many of u..Especially altoona :) o0o0o and the Pizza **** was a joke buy yall own **** food hahaha....we will prob do a food roadcall or some **** and pllz put in for food chinese/pizza prob.......mcdonalds isnt too far either....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, everything you want from Brawl+ is in Melee, so why go to all the trouble to play Brawl+? Especially since it doesn't even have a competitive scene. It'll be pretty depressing if a hacked version of a game becomes bigger than the original.

Melee is far better than Brawl+ would be anyway >_>

__

Tournament tommoroooowwwwowowowow.

:093:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Because trying to get into Melee now after 7 years i'd be gettin my azz handed to me by everyone and their little sister whereas Brawl+ is still fresh. This ain't the first time people had to hack a game to make it more competitive >_>

Whatever. To each their own opinion. Even tho i don't agree wit it.

HYYYYYYPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:057:

Phase

Smash Apprentice
oh shnap you guys ain't playin. lmao
yeah, my cars nothing special. its not all tricked out and ****, i just like music a lot haha and on top of that my car has a muffler ( it was on it when i bought from the guy and i wish it wasnt there) so i look like a total poser when i drive around town hahaha. dont judge me :urg:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
yeah, my cars nothing special. its not all tricked out and ****, i just like music a lot haha and on top of that my car has a muffler ( it was on it when i bought from the guy and i wish it wasnt there) so i look like a total poser when i drive around town hahaha. dont judge me :urg:
man at least you even HAVE a car :ohwell:

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Melee is fun and no matter what people say it will always be above all versions of Brawl.
But Brawl+ is a completely different game, with similar aspects, because of the fact that it's in the smash series. Different characters different things to do, different ways to play.

Brawl+ is the ish and the hate on it is going no where. Take two peace pipes and smoke that **** why don't you.
Tourney tomorrow and i'm making some kind of money :D
.ComicallyTightMazing.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Yes please make rules more specific.
Like for instance can the marth grab release on lucas into another grab and then into something.
You might want to state numbers like Marth can only grab release Lucas or Ness (x) times in a row, and then has to let go.

If your'e going to do stuff with IC's i suggest just go with a chaingrab is legal. Example F Throw to F Throw. "But make the back and forth chain banned." You're going to hit some touchy waters with that though.

If you want something more specific I would be glad to go in to detail on the IC limiters.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
frank can you be more specific on what one cant do with ice climbers?
lol who's frank? (Franco) anyway, I don't know exactly everything that the ice climbers are capable of in terms of chaingrabbing so I'm gonna have to let my crew answer that one.

Yes please make rules more specific.
Like for instance can the marth grab release on lucas into another grab and then into something.
You might want to state numbers like Marth can only grab release Lucas or Ness (x) times in a row, and then has to let go.

If your'e going to do stuff with IC's i suggest just go with a chaingrab is legal. Example F Throw to F Throw. "But make the back and forth chain banned." You're going to hit some touchy waters with that though.

If you want something more specific I would be glad to go in to detail on the IC limiters.
also, Nasty should be the one to answer the marth grab release infinite rules, so wait till they post guys, sorry I couldn't be much more of a help.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol who's frank? (Franco) anyway, I don't know exactly everything that the ice climbers are capable of in terms of chaingrabbing so I'm gonna have to let my crew answer that one.

also, Nasty should be the one to answer the marth grab release infinite rules, so wait till they post guys, sorry I couldn't be much more of a help.
im going to guess no alternating grab infinites. i would allow one throw to the other climber to do a smash, but that's it.

also with marth...just make it so u cant regrab after a relase, just smash him or forward b or whatever

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm not really for banning any of it, but I would say at least allow fthrow->fthrow chain and things like that.

Also, you guys should keep in mind why javi was asking. He's probably at home practicing the infinite with an evil grin on his face :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm not really for banning any of it, but I would say at least allow fthrow->fthrow chain and things like that.

Also, you guys should keep in mind why javi was asking. He's probably at home practicing the infinite with an evil grin on his face :(
Regular IC chain grabs should be allowed, obviously. Just the back and forth infinites that work on any character and any %, lol

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
F-Throw to F-Throw (non-buffered,) D-Throw to D-Throw, and F-Throw to down throw should at least be legal. If they get to the edge of the stage, I think they should be allowed to turn the throw around with a B-Throw.

Back and forth chaingrabs should be banned (I think this is what you guys are aiming for.) There are a lot of variations which can be done in this way.

If you guys end up banning chaingrabs entirely, most Ice Climber mains opt. to use Hobbling instead.

I don't know if it wasn't addressed before but it probably should have been if it wasn't.

@Plank- Non-back and forth chaingrabs can work on any character at any % too :).

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
so is hobbling aloud then? so confused , sorry franCO im bad with names until someone corrects me then i never forget, oh and so i know what time does registration/ the place open, i dont wanna come to early pun intended

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
im lazy....

why dont you just go by the standard rules that smashboards does with any infinite nothing past 300 though it should be nothing past 150 imo

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im lazy....

why dont you just go by the standard rules that smashboards does with any infinite nothing past 300 though it should be nothing past 150 imo
because i think the whole point is that it is stupid and they want it banned as a whole, not to stop it for stalling purposes. its clear u can do it from 0-kill without getting them to 300 or even 150

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also, i just noticed. GAY@teams being $5 per person. teams always gets the shaft =.=

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
ok i guess my imma answer this IC"s thing since im the one in KC (kingz Court) that has a problem with it. Everything except the back and forth throw is allowed...The reason i feel that this should not be allowed is because once u are grabbed thats basically a stock... I mean u can DI out of the smash but lets be serious ur already at a major disadvantage......I personally can handle IC's but I 'm looking at this from a public view to say.... I understand that it takes skill but after a while its just button pressing...At least with DDD u can COunter pick a character that can't be Chain grabbed and with falco u can tech the spike...But IC's grab u and ur dead....BUt I'm not going to ban IC's everything, so besides the back and forth throw everything else is a go....And with the whole marth on luc@$ thing imma let Nasty answer that its alllllll up to him (but i think he's gonna say that once marth Grabs lucas he has to smash,jab,DS,etc him or marth can only grab lucas 2x)

D

Deleted member

marth ***** them anyway so leave it banned.

it just looks bad cause the rule set makers all play lucas. but it's lucas, so I doubt anyone cares.

D

Deleted member

it doesn't matter how good your lucas is if you die as soon as you're grabbed.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
ok guys, here is what i'm gonna say on the issue w/ the IC's. fthrow > fthrow > fthrow will be fine. the back and forth throw infinite will be banned. and just like plank said, a throw to nana for a smash will be fine. smurf pretty much summed it all up.

on the note with the marth grab realease on lucas/ness: i'm not gonna say it's banned bc it's not infinite. what i am gonna say however is that if you grab, you can release and grab again. but after the second release you must do something else other than grabbing again. that is what is banned.

thank you rev for pointing out that they aren't dealing with any ordinary lucas here. :)

i hope all this was helpful. also to javi and anyone else who doesn't know, DOORS OPEN AT 10:00a.m. which is like 12 hours away!! the venue is set up and looks amazing. can't wait to see everyone at this tomorrow!!!

HYPE!!!!

Damon180

Smash Ace
i'll be bringing my setup.
also...
if i can't find a teammate, can i have a lvl 9 luigi on my team if i pay his entry fee?:)
otherwise i'll be the guy playin melee while teams go on

Top Bottom