• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna guess that Yoshi probably smells good, like fruit. And, I'm guessing they probably dont sweat, they pant.
Ike is carrying a huge sword in a cape, so he would smell bad.
Pokemon Trainer would be neutral.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yoshi: Probably smells good despite being a wild animal. Would mostly smell like fruits and such.
Ike: Probalby wouldn't smell like blood, but sweat and greasy meat would be there. He also doesn't seem like the type to wash regularly.
PT: Under most situations, I'd say he'd probably stink like a zoo keeper, but since all of his Pokemon are reptiles, and reptiles don't normally stink that bad. (Combined that one is basically always being washed and another probably smells like flowers) Thus he is either neutral in smell, or has a bit of a moist/flowery/smokey smell.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys-- I got here a bit late. But let's jump right into Day 3. Predict the scent of the following characters:

-Fox
-Ice Climbers
-Kirby

Discuss!

I'll update the first post in a bit to show what most people thought about Ike, Pokemon Trainer, and Yoshi.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Fox: I think he would smell like crap...
Ice Climbers: They would probably smell like sweat and...polar bears.
Kirby: He would either have no smell or smell like bubble gum.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh well, I'll just post again for the new characters.

Fox: Foxs have a naturally stinky oder. Fox probably keeps himself cleaner than a normal fox would, but he'd still probably stink a bit more than a average person would.
IC: I doubt they'd smell like sweat, given their normal stomping grounds. Probably one of the more clean smelling characters in Smash.
Kirby: Unknown. He inhales everything into what is virtually a black hole. How this effects his scent can't be determined. His standard enviorment is pretty clean though, so he may smell nice.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Fox: Normal enough, but with a slight scent of animal on him

IC: Like unwashed wool. Probably not too pleasant

Kirby: Like bubblegum or cotton candy.

Exovel

Smash Ace
Fox: Sort of that recently bathed pet smell. So better than usual, but you can still tell it's an animal.

IC: Like wool and sweat

Kirby: Like Fruit

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Fox - He is a clean one, so no stinking. I would say, like a freshly washed dog or freshly washed hair. A little scent of fur and hair of course, but not stinky. I believe he uses shampoo with cherry flavor.

Ice Climbers - hmmm, what does fur coat of seals smell like? I think they smell like freshly washed clothes

Kirby - I bet he smells like my feather filled pillow. And he has absolutly no bad breath. He smells of pure freshness.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Fox = Might smell like leather and fur >_>
Ice Climbers = A little bit like eau de cologne or vegetables
Kirby = Pink bubblegum xD But seriously, a fruity smell

D13

Smash Ace
Fox: Old spice.
Ice Climbers: They'd smell like the air on a cold, snowy day.
Kirby: Like a 2-year old. <_<

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Phew, I managed to summarize Day 2. Here is what I concluded:

(S)tink
(N)eutral
(S)mell (G)ood

(S) Ike: The vast majority of the people argue that Ike, who wears heavy armor, thick clothing and carries a heavy sword while running, has a ridiculous strong scent of sweat. He is believed to lack deodorant and spend long periods of time without bathing. He also carries a strong smell of metal.

(N) Pokemon Trainer: The Pokemon trainer is believed to smell like a person that lives or spends a time with pets and animals. Generally, his scent is associated with pet food, animal smell, etc. He smells like a zoo. The Pokemon Trainer is an outdoors guy, too-- he is likely smell like the wilderness. But popular belief is that the Pokemon Trainer, susceptible to the stenches of animals and the outdoors, does not have a bad smell and is likely to be clean at most times. Some are just tempted to believe that he wears AXE or a similar fragrance.

(N) Yoshi: Yoshi has diverse beliefs. Many believe he has an intolerable scent associated with reptiles. Also, many have it that he has a fresh scent of fruit/candy depending on color. But just as many believe that Yoshi has a fairly subtle and tolerable scent.
The vast majority of opinions agree that Yoshi's breath is horrible or at least questionable. Oh, and quite a lot of people just believe that Yoshi smells like... poop...
Basically, Yoshi is Neutral in scent according to popular belief.

__

Of those three characters above, Yoshi was just the toughest to analyze. Based on the diverse opinions, I concluded that Yoshi has a neutral scent.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Fox's scent? I can't really picture him smelling like anything. He doesn't smell good or bad. No scent imo. Neutral.

Ice Climbers are stinky but not too much. They're always jumping around on glaciers and could fall in water. They also ride condors, which have a possibility of lacking a pleasant smell. Global Warming melts the ice, so they could have a sort of a wet dog smell. Probably neutral as well.

Kirby is a character that just oozes with confidence. It's possible that, because of this, he either smells great and loves it or smells horrible and embraces it. Probably not the latter of the two based on his character. He's a connoisseur of many foods, sure, but it's more of a consumption rather then an eat. Besides, the foods aren't exactly nasty, aside from enemies. Smelling nice, Kirby.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Fox- crap. He's a dam fox.
Ice climbers- A fresh scent of cool air.
Kirby. Neutral. He eats lots of food. some good some bad.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Fox- Wet dog.

Ice Climbers- Frozen Hot Pockets...

Kirby- Kirby sucks so he smells like...
Random things that he eats! Omg what were you thinking perv!

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Fox: um, that fox smell mixed with burnt metal
Ice Climbers: polar bear innards (they got those coats from somewhere)
Kirby: death

fortunArcanum

Smash Cadet
Fox - singed hair. Seriously, doing Fire Fox all the time must be hell on his hair. Apart from that, he's surprisingly neutral.

Ice Climbers - they smell like that delicious smell in the air you find on a rainy day. That and fish. Lots and lots of fish...

Kirby - MARSHMALLOW!

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
fox: I don't know, kind netural i guess, i doubt you probaly want smell bad around your or your general
Ice Climbers: Probaly animal fur, mix with outdoors scents
Kirby: Probaly sweet

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Fox- Smells like a wet dog
Ice Climber- smells like sweat and tears
kirby smells like who ever he ate

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fox- Like a well cleaned, well groomed dog. Foxes smell pretty bad normally but Fox is essentially a man and he seems pretty well kempt.

Ice Climbers- Fur Coats. I imagine that any body odor they would have would be masked by it. Do Inuits even bathe all that often? In such cold climates, I can't imagine they could... The Ice Climbers are always climbing mountains too so I think it'd be even more difficult.. Regardless, they would smell like old fur coats.

Kirby- If I had to guess, plastic or rubber. Like I said with Yoshi, toothless animals usually have freakishly bad breath and considering how Kirby mostly eats things that are still alive... yeah...

AlexX

Smash Ace
Fox- I'm sure the futuristic universe he lives in has advanced ways of personal hygene. I'm sure he wouldn't smell too badly, possibly even nice.

Ice Climbers-Hard to tell since you'll probably catch a cold trying to reach them. Probably wet fur coats or something.

Kirby- Probably nothing nearly as bad as his breath... He's constantly compared to marshmallows though, and he's clearly got a soft body, so lets go with that.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Before going to Day 4, I think:

Fox: He looks sharp and clean, so I'd say he has a fresh scent. But he is still an animal with fur, so a faint scent of funk may emanate once in a while.

Ice Climbers: They live in the snow and wear thick wool/similar fabric coats. They probably just smell like fine wool and a hint of wood.

Kirby: Pink bubble gum is the first thing I think of when Kirby appears. He probably smells like gum or cotton candy.

I'll post the next three characters in a bit!
_______
*edit*
It's 4-28-08 and time to jump into Day 4 whos characters include:

-Mr. Game and Watch
-Snake
-Toon Link

Discuss!

I'll have a summation of Day 3 (Fox, Ice Climbers, Kirby) in the first post in a while.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Fox: hey, Listen! Foxes are the only member of the canid family who have a scent gland very similar to mustelids (the weasel family, including skunks) underneath their tails. This strong but no unpleasant scent sticks to their brush and can be used to communicate with other foxes. It's kind of similar to that of a ferret. So even if he shampoos his entire body, he'd still smell weird in a doggy animal kind of way. It is distinctive to foxes alone.

Ice Climbers: Ever stuck your head into a freezer? Like that.

Kirby:....dunno. Fairy floss?

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Game and Watch would be N if at all. Its hard for me to imagine him having any kind of scent. Toon link would be S. All that time out at sea wouldn't allow much time for showering. Snake has a more neutral scent. Being sneaky like he his he must blend into his environment. If he smelt too good or too bad it would give him away.

vudore

Smash Rookie
G&W smells like BACON!!!! G&W wins this thread.
Snake: Meh, I'm sure he showers. I like the gunpowder association.
TL: A little kid... and saltwater.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Game and watch: A really strong scent of oil and chemicals. As if you cracked open a battery. That's it, battery acid...

Toon Link: Like the sea. He does a lot of running around and fighting, but his clothes aren't heavy and he swims a LOT. At the most, he'd be a bit salty and damp.

Snake: I dunno. People say that being a spy he has to mask his scent, but in the Metal Gear games he spends a lot of time crouched in boxes or hiding anxiously behind corners, dressed in a very tight rubber suit. He also engages in quite a lot of dive-rolling and hand-to hand combat. He has to spend days out in the open fending for himself, with limited resources and eating wild animals...I think he'd smell pretty nasty actually. Kind of like Ike, except less leather and more rubber.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot tobacco. Snake is a heavy smoker.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Game and Watch: Has it occurred to anyone that he may smell like ink? Either that or chemicals/ strong liquid. I say he has a strong scent that stings the nostrils. Neutral.

Snake: As a stealthy spy, he has to avoid any kind of odor (good or bad). He also wears breathable, tight clothing which makes him avoid sweat. Most of his missions take place in snowy environments, and he smokes. If anything, just a hint of tabacco and the rest is scentless. Neutral.

Toon Link: Definitely like the ocean and fish. He may sweat a lot, but he is far from even reaching puberty-- can't smell bad. Smells like a person that lives in the ocean side. Neutral.

Top Bottom