• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
OK, I'll put some thought into this.

Her power suit is most likely to be air conditioned, as to keep it comfortable inside. I mean, the last thing you need it to be roasting alive inside your suit when you're trying to blast seven shades of space pirate.
Her hair seems to be nice, so I'd say shampooed, at least washed, so that implies she showers/bathes.
All those gadgets and gizmos inside would've probably rubbed off on that jump suit.

So I'll say...Shampoo, Lycra and a slight mechanical smell. Perfumed, but slightly metallic.

~N-pie

Darkurai

Smash Master
The suit Samus uses in Brawl is the Varia Suit, so I'm assuming it's air conditioned. The suit must move mechanically, so I doubt Samus would be doing much physical action while within the suit. Thus, her odor from being within the suit after coming out would not be very much affected.
However, after using the Zero Laser, her suit explodes. I'd assume this would leave a smell of smoke.
Samus is also quite agile and very well-trained by the Chozo, thus the physical action of jumping around and fighting would take no more energy than it would to walk at a normal pace. From this, we can assume that battle does not cause Samus to sweat while outside of her suit.
One of the endings to Zero Mission implies that Samus drinks, so I'd guess there is a faint trace of alcohol on her breath.
Whether it's the Zero Suit, or just regular clothing, Samus always seems to be wearing leather. So obviously, that scent would be noticable on her. Unless she compulsively showers like, five times a day.
Something that could affect Samus' odor is whether Samus in Brawl has gone through the events of Metroid Fusion yet. In Metroid Fusion, the DNA of a metroid is infused into Samus' DNA. While this may not affect her odor much, I'd assume it affects it at least a little.

This is a great thread. It's a shame I missed out on all but this one day.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's LOTS of things I could say here..... :chuckle:

But I'll just go with Shampoo and Leather

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I alwyas thought the Zero Suit looked rubbery...I'd have to say rubber, maybe a hint of sweat, and burnt stuff (because of the whip). The gun she has could give off a metal scent, but I doubt it. She might smell like shampoo or conditioner, because her hair looks well kept.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
I'm tempted to think that she smells like sexy hawtness, but I think she's more down-to-earth.

For one thing, the Varia suit is probably very advanced, so it has a high tech cooling/temperature system for the wearer. The suit is probably the most comfortable place ever imagined. So, when she's out of the suit, she has this super breathable and flexible fabric that probably smells like latex. She also has a cool, fresh scent of the inside of the Varia suit, and her hair is likely to smell like shampoo (a seductive scent.) So, even though she may not smell like sexy hawtness, she has a very cool and pleasant scent. Smells Good.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
She has the scent of a clean normal human....and sea men (I hear she did some work in the navy you know).

FlaccidSnake

Smash Rookie
Samus was raised by bird people, birds poop on things, so Zamus smells like poop.

Seriously, I think she should be near odourless, otherwise she wouldn't be able to survive in her suit. Maybe with a hint of perfume (or deodourant), but overall neutral.

D13

Smash Ace
She runs around evading space pirates all day. It wouldn't be a great smell, but not too horrible either.

Shirum

Smash Cadet
Agreed with the leather and latex. With a touch of feminine shampoo and slight BO (who doesn't have BO, even with air conditioning?), but not much.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
It is impossible to smell her due to the excess male drool lying around this thread.

Although i'll say she smells like dominatrix.:laugh:

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
This is the last day, huh? I'm glad I was able to participate each day. Anyways, I think Zero Suit Samus smells like spandex, the inside of a cooler, and probably mild shampoo/perfume.
Not quite over yet. I'll be making an announcement in just a bit.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Smells like a normal person would, like a mild shampoo, and deodorant. I dont think she uses perfumes. Kinda neutral or Smell good

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
FINAL DAY:

MASTER HAND

Discuss :bee:

The first post has been edited with summaries up till Day 20 (Zero Suit Samus).

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
Well, Master Hand's weapon arsenal probably creates a smoky, gunpowder smell from his bullets and perhaps a burning smell too from his lasers. Um, the smell of great power, whatever that is, and the same shadow power that emanates from Ganondorf, and whatever material those gloves are made of. Also, since it is suggested his and is some form of flesh,
SmashWiki under Master Hand said:
In the Subspace Emissary, when Tabuu's Chains of Light that hold Master Hand are disconnected from him, they leave red wounds where they once were, implying that Master Hand is part flesh.
there is probably a clammy smell.

~N-pie

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, going by the captain falcon argument, you can't smell satan, therefore you can't smell master hand?

naww, i think he smells like an embodiment of evil. (N)

Darkurai

Smash Master
I know the "God" thing was used for Captain Falcon, but it's fitting in this case. Master Hand is literally the God of the Smash World, the creator. He smells of everything, yet at the same time, nothing. Master Hand has the scent of all things to have ever existed in the Smash World, all combined into one scent.

Top Bottom