• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters v2.0 (Currently discussing Sta(r)fy and Nintendog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
While we're waiting for the new Smash game to come out, I was reminded of this extremely random topic that was posted around the time Brawl was released. To put it simply, members posted about what they believed the characters smell like...

SSB4 Record
(S) Stink
(N) Neutral
(SG) Smell Good
(Γ) Waluigi

"Tier List" (Characters Revealed Date)
Based on the weighted average of all votes. Tiebreakers are determined by which character(s) received more votes in the overall average.
1)
Peach (9 votes)
2)
Rosalina (20 votes)
3)
Pit (13 votes)
4)
King Dedede (4 votes)
4)
Zelda (4 votes)
6)
Marth (5 votes)
7)
Toon Link (6 votes)
8)
Kirby (10 votes)
9)
Olimar (4 votes)
10)
Megaman (16 votes)
11)
Pikachu (13 votes)
12)
Wii Fit Trainer (18 votes)
13)
Animal Crossing Villager (13 votes)
14)
Sonic (7 votes)
15)
Bowser (11 votes)
16)
Samus (12 votes)
17)
Lucario (2 votes)
18)
Fox (12 votes)
19)
Link (9 votes)
20)
Luigi (7 votes)
21)
Mario (10 votes)
22)
Little Mac (15 votes)
23)
Diddy Kong (4 votes)
24)
Donkey Kong (6 votes)

Day 29: Andross (4-3-2014)
(N)-Andross: Defining Andross' exact scent is sort of complicated. On the one hand, he appears as a sort of giant metallic floating head thing in which case would smell of plastic, metal, and artificial chemicals. On the other hand, he appears as a giant monkey head which would probably smell of latex, "brain power", and "whatever well washed monkeys smell of".

Andross may be this super evil scientist with a floating metallic head form that induces nightmares, but at least he smells better than Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

The following posts best sum this up:
I'd believe Andross would smell like plastic like an action figure, or perhaps stardust. Of course, Monkey Man Andross would smell of poo and such.

(N)
I would expect Andross to have a highly artificial chemical smell, mixed with metal, latex and whatever well washed monkeys smell of.
Day 28: Waluigi (4-2-2014)
(Γ)-Waluigi: Waluigi certainly carries... a unique scent. He is generally believed to smell strongly of eggplant (the most superior of vegetables), sweat/body odor (plays a lot of sports), and gunpowder (bob-ombs). His hygiene probably isn't the best, and he hangs around with Wario, who is known to reek himself, so the awful odor would undoubtedly be transferred. Waluigi's feet probably reek as well, and he is known to like taking his shoes off. While bad, at least the foot odor wouldn't be such an ungodly pungent odor like Sonic's. Others believe Waluigi to smell of disappointment, hatred, broken dreams, a god, and thyme.

To sum it up, Waluigi would appear to stink like the rest of the Mario Brothers plumbers, but... under threat of being turned into an eggplant and being eaten by him, he rates in his own category of Γ.

It's Waluigi time! Wah hah hah!

(SG)

Ha ha ha, Waluigi here! Big is currently... tied up in one of my schemes. For the meanwhile, I will show you (Yes, you!) my wonderful stench! Clearly, I have the scent of a god! Did you know eggplant smells wonderful on a man like me? I have a deal with the Eggplant Wizard, wha ha ha!

And if you dare disagree, I, Waluigi, will make you into an eggplant eaten by me... Waluigi! WAH HA HA!
Waluigi would smell absolutely putrid. You thought the Mario bros stank? Waluigi does the same or more physical activity as the both of them (sports and training for them) and he constantly hangs around Wario, who's smell would undoubtedly transfer. Waluigi probably cares little for hygiene, so the awful smells he does encounter would be augmented by his own sweat and filth. All in all, Waluigi STINKS and could be no better than (S).
(S)

Waluigi would smell horrible. Not only-

View attachment 11340

Waluigi: Waa... Waluigi cannot allow you to do this Mask guy!

MaskO': But, this is my-

Waluigi: TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!!!

(SG)

Walugi is what everyone strives to smell like! The wonderful smells of manliness and effort, as well as the superior vegetable, the eggplant! And who could forget about the wonderful smell of Waluigi Thyme!?

That's enough out of you!

Waa.... Waluigi hates this.

Waluigi stinks. end of story.
Waluigi, as the last non-playable plumber in Smash, smells like disappointment and broken dreams.

Just kidding, I'd imagine that with all the sports he plays he sweats a lot. He seems like he would have better hygiene than Wario, but not by much. He and Wario also have an association with bob-ombs, I believe (I know it's his special item in Double Dash), so that's gunpowder as well. I'd say S.

Day 27: Mother Brain (3-31-2014)
(S-N)-Mother Brain: Mother Brain is believed to smell like brain fluid and human flesh. While it is debatable what brain fluid smells like, everyone can agree that human flesh (in Mother Brain's case, would probably smell rotting) stinks pretty bad. There may also be a slight burning/electrical smell around her capsule as she is protected by Rinkas.

The following post best sums this up:
(S)

Not to gross anyone else, but Mother Brain would smell like human flesh, maybe rotting, which isn't well. Also, brain fluids isn't too attractive either. One of, if not the most smelliest character of them all.

Day 26: Ashley (3-30-2014)
(N)-Ashley: Ashley spends a lot of time in the haunted mansion, so she smells of dust, potion ingredients, and old books. It wouldn't necessarily be a "good neutral" spell, as the mansion is likely to have mold, and she probably doesn't groom herself because "she doesn't have time for girly things like that". Let's also not forget that she knows the darkest spells and she brews the meanest potions. Oh, and apparently she also smells like moe.

Well in her theme she says she doesn't have time for girly things, so yeah, most likely potion ingredients, old books, old house, neutral.
She smells like moe.
Here, somebody had to say it.
Like some haunted mansion, complete with dust and perhaps mold? Neutral, but definitely not good, especially considering that she knows the darkest spells and brews the meanest potions.

Day 25: Skull Kid (3-29-2014)
(N-SG)-Skull Kid: Skull Kid carries the scents of nature/the forest: leaves, trees, pumpkins, grass, and pine. Since it is speculated that he is some kind of ghost/undead, he would not carry a natural body odor, though he does inhabit the body of a scarecrow like being which would carry the scents of straw, autumn leaves, etc. It is currently unknown what Majora's Mask smells like.

Skull Kid

(N - SG)

Skull Kid smells mainly of his home, the Lost Woods. Pine, and grass would be prevalent, with traces of dirt and leafs. Skull Kid has been speculated to be a kind of ghost/undead, and therefore could carry no body odors such as sweat. Skull Kid would have a neutral scent. He also appears to have a scarecrow-like body, and could smell what one would associate the smells of Autumn, smoke and straw.
Nothing bad, but not everyone loves the smells of the woods.

Day 24: Diddy Kong (3-27-2014)
(S)-Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong basically smells like Donkey Kong. His scent consists primarily of body odor, sweaty fur, vegetation, and banana breath. His hygiene habits are also similar to Donkey Kong's in that he, too, has not changed his clothes, so imagine the scent that they must carry! He also most likely contracts the same parasites that Donkey Kong has. On the flip side, his scent could be counteracted by the various gadgets he uses. The Barrel Jetpack would evoke the smells of fuel and smoke, while the Peanut Popgun would smell like peanuts, wood (burning if overcharged), and steam (compressed air allows it to fire peanuts).

The following post bests sum this up:
I suggest you start up this thread for new rounds for every new playable character confirmed. Assist Trophies & PokeBalls may be fun, but they seem like filler.

Anyways, Diddy Kong probably shouldn't smell too different from Donkey Kong's S rating. His scent evokes bananas, fur, BO, and various jungle vegetation. Being around DK or just by his hygiene habits alone, Diddy could contract parasites such as lice, ticks, and fleas. His clothes have never changed since Donkey Kong Country, so imagine the dander and stench they've been absorbing all this time! Perhaps the only thing differentiating him from DK would be the scents traced off his gadgets. He probably has a peanut and wood smell mixed in there (food allergenics beware!) When he charges his popgun, the compressed air allows it to fire with more velocity, which has a steam effect which could smell musty. Oh, and the rocket fuel and smoke of his Barrel Jetpack and the explosion after the full charge of the Peanut Popgun would smell camphorous with prominent burning wood smell. Make me think of a fireplace or a fire pit, which actually could be pleasant despite the odor he would otherwise project.
Compare this summary to the previous one from the Brawl record:
(S)-Diddy Kong: What Diddy would smell like seems to have minimal thinking effort. People immediately assume that he has the stench of a monkey, mixed with the scent of bananas. Not a good combination. Diddy Kong is surely one of the worst smelling characters in Brawl.

Overall change: None.

Day 23: Lucario (3-25-2014)
(N)-Lucario: Not much to say about this one. Lucario smells like a metal/rust (Steel type) and a wet dog (Fighting type = sweat). It does appear to groom itself as its fur usually appears clean.

The following post bests sum this up:
He would probably smell a bit like new metal (Steel type) a gym (Fighting type) and a dog. His fur doesn't seem very dirty so I assume he keeps himself clean. So overall I would say (N)
(N)-Lucario: Lucario is popularly believed to have a scent associated with canines. The majority of the people agree that it is a simple, bearable scent of dog fur, but a few insist otherwise since they believe that Lucario carries a wet dog scent. Still, a few have it that it has an abstract scent that resembles spirit or aura, and it is probably the smell of ashes, candles, and such materials. A bearable smell.

Day 22: King Dedede (3-24-2014)
(SG)-King Dedede: It seems like the residents of Dream Land lack any sort of bad scent, and King Dedede is no exception. As the (self-proclaimed) royalty in Dream Land, he most likely takes full advantage of various "kingly luxuries", which would involve having his helpers perform all of his tasks for him (even the most menial ones) and having access to various scents and oils. He appears to enjoy bathing, as he was seen in the Fountain of Dreams, which itself is believed to carry a scent of clean water and flowers. King Dedede is also known to be a glutton, so his scent would also be comprised of traces of food such as tomatoes, curry, pep brews, and rice balls.

In short, King Dedede carries a good scent of incense/flowers with hints of food and an inherent smell of penguin.

Dedede... hard to say. He looks cute and clean, and I don't know what kind of smell a penguin would typically have. But as a lazy slob, he may be yet another character who smells of their own sweat, though for entirely different reasons. He's quite an eater like Kirby, so he might smell like his latest banquet of tomatoes, curry, "Pep Brews" and rice balls.
(SG)

King Dedede has the unique advantage of being (self-proclaimed?) royalty in Dreamland. While most would agree that kings have good hygienic practices, all would agree that the denizens of Dreamland don't smell bad.

Along with being a glutton, King Dedede has been seen bathing in the Fountain of Dreams, a mystical spring from which all dreams flow. By his habits, royalty, and access to mysterious water, King Dedede would smell of a clean, light scent, with traces of food (probably only the heavy staining foods though, think meat and oils.), but nothing gross or heavy, along with the esoteric scents of the Fountain of Dreams, a nameless scent that would loosely be described as incense mixed with a present, floral presence.

Not many would be able to describe King Dedede, but all would agree he smells good.
(N)-Dedede: Though Dedede has more of a variety of thoughts and opinions, the majority simply could not decide or predict Dedede’s scent and therefore implies that the King has a mysterious smell or simply has no scent at all. But the different perspectives have it that Dedede’s scent is associated with penguins, fish, clean fragrances, and fine garments. Many agree that his scent must be true to his royalty.

Overall change: Interestingly enough, he smells better now than he did in Brawl. Maybe it's because his garments are more well refined?

Day 21: Zelda (3-23-2014)
(SG)-Zelda: Since Hyrule has its roots in medieval history, one could argue that Zelda's smell would be less than pleasing to the nostrils since even royalty wouldn't have very good hygiene. At the same time, Hyrule is a land rich in magic, so one could also argue that said magic could be used to freshen up, repel toxins and pests, etc. Zelda IS the keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom, so naturally she would have access to such magic (remember that she can change her entire physical appearance to Sheik).

With this in mind, Zelda's smell (after refreshing herself with magic) would best be described as a combination of lavender, water, flowers, clean fabric, and incense.

Given Hyrule's basis in medieval history, even royalty didn't have very good hygiene available; so Zelda, pretty as her polygons may be, is probably less pleasing to the nostrils.

Unless, somehow, Hylian nobility uses magic to forever repel toxins, oils, pests and that sort.
(SG)

Like most royalty is this discussion, Zelda smells good by default. Her appearance in clean, and although she does fight, the magic from the Triforce of Wisdom could help her stay fresh.

Zelda smells of flowers, clean fabric, and incense.
(SG)-Zelda: She is believed to smell like lavender and other fresh and pleasant scents. But a some people argue that when her foot wear comes off, her feet reveal a not-so-pleasant smell.

Day 20: Marth (3-20-2014)
(SG)-Marth: It is commonly believed that Marth smells of soap, lotion, and hair care products with hints of blood and sweat. It is quite obvious in not only his outfit, but also his royal upbringing, that he takes care in keeping his appearance up. He may have fought in battle after battle, but who knows if mud/grime/etc even clings to him?

In short, the smells Marth evokes would best be described as that of a "fabulous" pampered prince (with servants that may help him stay clean even in the field of battle), a resident pretty boy, a fangirl idol, or a woman (perfume, shampoo, scented lotion, etc). You get the idea.

Marth probably smells like perfume, shampoo, scented lotion... you know... like a woman.
(N - SG)

Marth is royalty, and therefore keep his appearance up. He most likely smells a clean, refreshing scent. However, Marth is also known for his combat prowess, and also would come into contact with blood, sweat, and mud/filth. Granted he may clean often (he does look feminine, It's a Japanese thing) his line of work may neutralize the care, creating a neutral smell. Soap and Blood my friends.
Well, since it's not too late...

I think it's pretty obvious what Marth is. Being a royal prince and the resident pretty boy, Marth has to uphold a good image. He probably has several servants that help him keep cleaned up, too. Marth is a solid SG, he wouldn't have his "fabulous" reputation if he was anything lower.
(SG)-Marth: People immediately think that it is the case that Marth is cleaner that Ike. From appearance, it does seem so. His scent is popularly believed to be that of clean and light (likely effeminate) fragrance along with herbs and fine garments. Many argue that he smells nice in a creepy way. But, in any case, Marth smells ridiculously better than Ike.

Day 19: Sonic (3-19-2014)
(S-N)-Sonic: It has been argued that Sonic may simply be too fast to have any traces of an odor since he's always on the run. Otherwise, his scent would possibly be best described as a combination of burnt rubber and sweat due to his speed, pork/chili due to his consumption of many chili dogs, grass/metal/oil/pollution due to the various zones he has been through and the enemies he has destroyed (Sonic Spin), and gold due to the many rings he collects. Lots of rings. A lot of rings.

What prevents Sonic from a solid neutral rating is, clearly, his feet. While it appears that he never takes those shoes off, if he ever did... the funk of 1000 years would be unleashed upon the universe, dooming all to the most foul, putrid, and rank scent for all eternity.

Sonic - (S- N)

Sonic, although exposed to lava, ica, and grass, never really leaves a scent, or even stay in one place for long enough. He may smell like Chili Dogs, with burnt rubber and sweat, but Sonic doesn't wear clothes, so he may not really hold any smells. His shoes, however, may hold the most UNHOLY of smells... the funk of a thousand years.
Probably somewhere between N-S depending on the circumstances.

He runs alot, and I mean alot. So sweat might be a concern but considering how active most of the Smash characters are, I'd say just sweat is actually normal. If it's possible though, he'd also have this slight wind (Not the fart kind of wind :p) about him. He might smell like oil and shattered metal if he just got done with going through a level with enemies and/or defeated Robotnik/Eggman. In all honesty though, Sonic's probably more Neutral then Stinky even if he has a diet of Chili Dogs. He won't smell as good as the Princesses that's for sure. But he certainly isn't going to smell as bad as say Wario.
Okay, hold up on your analyses, everyone.
Why the heck does everyone contribute that a physically active character would sweat?
We're not supposed to assume they're all normal, are we? I, for one, don't think people like Sonic sweat. If they don't have to obey numerous laws already, why would they have body odor?
He just wouldn't in my estimation.
Unless it's canonically demonstrated that said character sweats in their day-to-day operation on a regular basis for the assumption of the statistical average we're using for how a character smells, I don't see a justification for saying 'he runs alot therefore he sweats' or even 'his shoes stank yo'.
Oh well. For the sake of argument I'm going to say we can assume the smells of the environment accurately. Heh, I guess I'm just sick of everyone pointing to BO for inspiration. As for Sonic, I think he would smell like whatever he's been rolling around in last, which is on average an earthy/metallic/grassy thing, or gold with all those RANGS he carries around. Perhaps his breath would hint at the last chili dog he ate? Neutral.
(N)-Sonic: Simply put, the majority thinks that Sonic is almost scentless, for he is too fast to even catch his smell. However, people agree that the scent he leaves off as he runs is that of burnt rubber. Neutral at best. But, the majority also agrees that when his shoes come off, his feet stink beyond belief.

Overall change: None. We seem to be in agreement over the arguments behind the previous rating, but the current rating seems to be a better match.

Day 18: Toon Link (3-18-2014)
(N-SG)-Toon Link: Toon Link carries a scent of briny seawater and a sea breeze with a hint of fish. Little kids may sometimes smell pretty bad, but Toon Link appears to be at that age where he realizes the importance of good hygiene. In addition to this, his clothes never appear worn-out or faded indicating that the Outset Islanders have somehow perfected the art of producing durable, stainproof clothing. Like his older counterpart, Toon Link also works with bombs and would carry a smell of gunpowder.

In short, Toon Link carries a strong natural scent akin to that of seafaring folk, but not so much to the point where he stinks like a pirate.

Toon Link smells like the briny seabreeze. Toon Link lives by the sea, but not on the sea. So he doesn't stink like a pirate.

Toon Link smells good, like a nice ocean breeze.
Little kids are usually smelly little buggers but Toon Link's at that age that he'd at least be aware of his personal hygiene (but it's debatable how much he'd actually care). He's out sailing for days on end (even in pouring rain) and often deals with gunpowder. I imagine Toon Link would be a mix of a lot strong smells but nothing completely noxious. Gunpowder, brine, and maybe fish.
(N)

Toon Link lives on a small island, and smells like where he's from, a briny, sea-salt smell. While he's only 12, and may not have the greatest hygiene, his clothing never appears worn-out or faded. This is strange, as most clothing worn over long periods of time on the sea appear this way. We can now assume that the Outset Islanders have perfected the art of durable clothing.

Like Link, TL would smell of gunpowder, with a strong scent of sea breeze, perhaps island sand, and maybe a touch of a natural scent. About as strong of a neutral as one can get.
(N)-Toon Link:
The majority of the people agree that Toon Link smells like the sea, dampness, and saltiness. Quite a few argue that he has a poor sense of personal hygiene and thus brakes some of the freshness of the ocean air.

Overall change: Not much, but smells slightly better than before due to better personal hygiene.

Day 17: Peach (3-17-2014)
(SG)-Peach: Unsurprisingly, Princess Peach is probably one of the best smelling characters. True to her namesake, she carries a delightfully fruity scent which is a mixture of strawberries, grapes, and of course, peaches. Being a member of the royal Mushroom family also grants her access to many expensive and fancy brands of perfume and incenses. In addition to this, she has also been known to enjoy baking cakes for Mario, so she most likely also carries the sweet scent of various baked goods. Possibly the most interesting aspect of her scent would be an almost cinnamony/spicy smell, due to the fact that some of Peach's perfumes and incenses are possibly composed of Fire Flowers.

It has been argued that Peach may only retain such a delightful odor when she is in her castle, not as she waits to be rescued after being kidnapped. While this may be true, we have yet to see the kind of treatment Bowser shows her while she is under his captivity. For all we know, he may allow her the luxury of the name brand perfumes she uses, or may even attempt to win her over by showering her with even better trinkets and other such tokens of affection! There has to be a reason why she allows herself to be kidnapped so much. Solid Snake said it best: "Snake: "If he (Mario) was smart, he'd tell her to stop getting kidnapped."

In short, Peach retains a wonderful smell of fruits, baked goods, and spice.

I would imagine Peach to smell like a mix of different fruits. She smells like,strawberries,apples,grapes and of course,peaches. Peach also probably puts on a lot of makeup so she would probably be wearing perfume most of the time which would add to her great smell.
I'm guessing her perfume is cinnamon-scented. As far as aroma in the Mario world, most of the flowers are Fire Flowers which have to add spice to their perfumes and incenses.
Peach - (SG)

Peach, is a princess, and in order to keep her feminine aura, she uses many perfumes. She is royalty, and therefore can also afford many expensive incenses and makeup. Peach probably chooses a fruit-scent, with a touch of a spicy smell. In other words, Peach smells like she looks, pretty.
(SG)-Peach: So far, Peach seems to be in favor of the best smelling character in Brawl. Like, Diddy, predicting the scent of Peach requires little to no thought. Smells like peaches. Scents that follow are that of designer fragrance and fine garments.

Overall change: None, though thanks to Wanderer from Roseyard, we now know what Fire Flowers smell like.

Day 16: Luigi (3-16-2014)
(S-N)-Luigi: Luigi's scent is mainly based on body odor. It is heavily believed that he smells of sweat (a lot either due to the excessive amount of physical activity he engages in, or because of his near constant state of terror) with hints of dust and cobwebs from the various mansions he has visited. While Luigi may have a similar scent to Mario, he appears to be the more hygienic of the two to the point where he may be paranoid about leaving a good impression (Princess Daisy; running casino establishments) resulting in an overuse of cologne and deodorant. At his absolute worst, he would smell of various... bodily fluids due to him quite literally crapping his pants or wetting himself in fear.

In short, Luigi smells slightly better than Mario, but damn they're a pair of smelly plumbers.

And with this, the Year of Luigi draws to a close tomorrow...

He smells like urine. There is no way he didn't wet himself ten times throughout both Luigi's Mansion games.
I would imagine Luigi would smell extremely similar to Mario, but most likely has an odor of fear sweat considering his near-constant state of terror. While likely smelling normal most of the time due to average hygiene, going into any sort of stressful situation would immediately shift Luigi from (N) to (S). Also he does quite a bit of jumping, even higher than Mario, so sweat from physical activity is always a factor.
My verdict:
(N) while calm and stagnant
(S) while scared or jumping
Luigi strikes me as someone paranoid about leaving a good impression so he probably smells a little too good. He probably overdoes it on deodorant and cologne. He also strikes me as someone who sweats a lot when he's nervous, adding yet another reason why he does this.
(N)-Luigi: Luigi’s scent is almost abstract. The majority of the people insist that his scent is associated with cowardice and the overall theme of Luigi’s Mansion which deals with ectoplasm, dust, spider webs, etc. An old, antique scent when analyzed. Along with that smell comes the scent of pasta/ Italian food. But Luigi is on the verge of smelling bad because quite a few think that Luigi smells like sweat or almost the same as Mario. Neutral beats the stink by popular belief.

Overall change: Luigi actually smells worse this time around. Perhaps it is because of his most recent mansion adventure?

Day 15: Olimar (3-15-2014)
(N)-Olimar: Olimar's overall smell is due to his space suit, which smells of plastics, heavy fabrics, and metal, but could also smell of various animal fluids or environment scents (flowers, berries, honey, pollen, etc). Even though Olimar uses his suit daily, it is more than likely that his spaceship has the technology to keep the suit clean and maintained. While Olimar would most likely work up a sweat due to the stresses of space, these scents are contained within the space suit itself, which he does not remove in the thick of battle. Also, due to his Pikmin performing a majority of the fighting for him, he probably wouldn't work up much of a sweat in the first place.

In short, Olimar carries a neutral scent specifically based on that of his space suit.

The Pikmin themselves also have their own individual unique scents:
(N-SG)-Red Pikmin: Smell like spice (curry) and/or fire, which overtakes the sweet smell from the nectar and berries they carry.

(N-SG)-Yellow Pikmin: Smell like electricity and/or that tingly, tangy scent of candy like pop rocks. Also negates any bad smells.

(N-SG)-Blue Pikmin: May smell like clean water, dew, flowers, and mint, but may also smell of toilet water due to animal by products coming into contact with the water they wade through.

(N-SG)-Purple Pikmin: Carry the strongest scent of berries and nectar, but due to them living inside of exhaust pipes, they may also carry the smell of gasoline (which some people actually think smells good).

(S)-White Pikmin: Carry an overtaking smell of toxins and poisonous plants. An extremely foul smelling odor akin to that of asparagus. Also carries the smell of gasoline. The worst smelling Pikmin in existence.

(SG)-Flying Pikmin: Smell of nectar, berries, fruit, leaves, and a cool breeze. Not used much for battle, so they are able to easily retain this fresh scent.

(N)-Ground Pikmin: Smell like coal, dust, and dirt. Their rock like composition means that they do not absorb the smells around them like the other Pikmin do.

Captain Olimar: N^2

While Olimar would be really hard at work inside his spacesuit...he'd still be inside his spacesuit. There is the potential of him getting animal fluids (spit, guts, blood, and fecal matter) and whatever's in the environment (anything from flowers, berries, and honey to poison, sulfur, rust, and decaying flesh) on him, but his suit would more often just smell of dirt and water, since his Pikmin do the actual fighting for the most part (and, even then, I imagine that the Pikmin themselves are cleaned by the Onions). That, and his spaceship seems to regenerate, fix, and clean his suit for him on a daily basis. So, at its worst, his suit would smell of guts, fecal matter, poison, sulfur, and flesh, but; at its best, it would smell of flowers, berries, honey, and sweets...Then, we have to take into account when it's newly cleaned and repaired, when it would smell of cloth, plastic, and metal.

Bad+Good+Neutral=Neutral squared.

Pikmin:
Most Pikmin would smell really good, being literally walking flowers that feed on nectar and berry juices (that we know of). While they would spent their time fighting foul-smelling beasts, I think the onion probably cleans them in a similar way to Olimar's spaceship, but in a way that would leave them with the smell of fresh grass or fresh flowers. But we need to combine those smells for each Pikmin to accurately tell what they'd smell like.

Red: SG
Coming into contact with fire all the time, the sweet smells that they'd get from nectar and berries would be eliminated, but they'd still have the smell from their leaves, buds, or flowers, which would probably smell spicy and invigorating like certain spices (think curry). But they also probably have some sort of either neutral or bad smell from whatever protects then from fire...So, at their very worst, they'd smell like a combination of newborn leaves and flame-retardant.

Yellow: SG
Coming into contact with electricity would kill the good and the bad smells that Yellow Pikmin come into contact with, but they, like the reds, would have their leaves or flowers, which would smell electrifying, invigorating, and sweet. Imagine the smell of a candy that dissolves on your tongue like pop-rocks that also gives you energy like caffeine, but with a bit of pleasant, tingly electricity and you'll have imagined the smell of a Yellow Pikmin.

Blue: SG-N
Coming into contact with fresh spring water would clean them, but, more often than not, that water will have come into contact with waste from the animals living in it, or may smell like toilet water in certain underground dungeons. The Blue Pikmin would thankfully have a really pleasant smell coming from them, though, since their leaves would definitely smell like dew on leaves or mint, and their flowers would likely smell refreshing and natural (and possibly minty, lemony, or something along those lines)...you know what, let me look up what a water lily smells like, since the Blue Pikmin flower would probably smell really similarly...

"The live lily is fresh, lightly sweet, a little aquatic and a little lemony. Sort of like the peony but without any rosiness."

...nice. That would offset the somewhat unpleasant smell of natural water by more than enough.

Purple: SG-N
They'd be the worst offenders of having animal guts and the like on them, since they literally squish enemies when thrown...but they'd also probably eat the most, giving them a far more sweet smell from the nectar and berries than the other Pikmin would have. I'm not sure what their leaves and flowers smell like, but I bet it would at least be sweet. Living inside exhaust pipes instead of onions (at least in Pikmin 2, I'm not sure on 3) would give them the smell of gasoline as well, which is either good or bad (debatable). If you like the smell of gasoline, definitely smell good. If not, neutral because of the excessive sweetness.

White: S (or T for terrible)
The White Pikmin would regularly come into contact with literal toxins. And their flowers wouldn't help at all. I'm assuming that a toxic Pikmin would not just taste toxic, but also smell it. The White Pikmin leaf would smell, at best, like asparagus (which has poisonous berries but is still thought to smell nice), and at worst like one of the many more potent poisonous plants. The flower would be no better, smelling at best like daffodils or other nice-smelling poisonous flowers, and at worst like rotting flesh (the smell of certain flowers, notably Rafflesias), literal toxins, and certain foul-smelling poisonous flowers. You also have to take into account the smell of gasoline from the pipes, just like with the purples.

(Disclaimer, I've never played Pikmin 3, so I'm just guessing here.)

Flying: SG
Coming into contact with enemies far less often (and with far less violence, by the looks of it) due to their flying nature is a huge plus in their favor, and they'd likely smell not only of nectar and berries, but also of many fruits, since they're often used to carry it more often than they're used to battle. Their leaves would smell like...well, typical leaves, I imagine...their flowers would be the epitome of refreshing, though, making you feel as though you've felt a cool breeze when you smell them.

Rock: N-SG
Used a lot for battle, but they wouldn't absorb the smell as easily as other Pikmin might, since they're composed of a rock-like substance that doesn't look terribly porous. Their bodies would smell of dirt, rocks, and minerals and their leaves and flowers likely do too.

There. That was actually really fun.
(N)-Olimar: Olimar’s space suit is popularly believed to be odorless or simply smells like glass and plastic. But Olimar’s relationship with nature and Pikmin give him an array of odors associated with nature, earth, flowers, honey, vegetables, etc. Olimar carries a neutral smell of the fresh wilderness.

Day 14: Pit (3-14-2014)
(SG)-Pit: Pit, quite literally, smells angelic. While it is true that he is constantly in battle with all kinds of monsters and has been all over Angel Land, it is believed that none of this is a factor in his overall smell as he retains a clean appearance free of dirt and grime. The largest factor is his fondness for hot springs, which he frequently visits. It is these very magical hot springs that not only have healing properties, but also have the power to keep Pit clean and refreshed. It is also believed that the goddess Palutena also has an influence in Pit's overall cleanliness, as she may also use her powers to keep Pit smelling clean and fresh (it is also hinted that she may forbid him to stay dirty for a long period of time...)

In general, Pit has quite the good smell of cleanliness that can be comparable to things such as a spring breeze, cotton, clouds, wind, down pillows, and freshly cleaned bed sheets with a hint of the various baked goods and sweets he likes to consume.

And no, this has nothing to do with Mortal Kombat's "The Pit".

Given Pit's fondness of hot springs, I'd say he's constantly clean. Dirt and grime almost never get on Pit. Palutena probably also keeps him in check with his hygiene, too.

Despite his name, Pit smells good. He gets an SG.
(SG) Since pit always spends his time in hot spring I would assume that he stays clean most of the time. On his journeys Pit always eat a bunch of different food items to restore his health. Most of the things he eats are baked goods/sweets. So to summarize Pit smells like baked goods and hot springs.
Oh this be a tough one in a sensse.

Pit is an angel, and they usually smell good. However, he has been in war, fighting a lot of many kinds of monsters, creatures, and aliens and such. He's been to a lot of places, from different towns to the Underworld multiple times to a volcano to space, and may reek of war smell, right? But even then, he still looks clean most of the time (with the exception of a few of the later chapters, not gonna spoil). While it is true that he wears the same clothing generally all the time which would mean he'd stink, Pit and those magical hot springs that he frequently enjoys really keeps him refreshed, clean, and even heals him. The best part is that hot springs have appeared in many of the places he's been that I named before.

Pit, imo, Smells Good, well most of the time due to them hot springs. Otherwise, neutral.
(SG)

Pit is an Angel, and Palutena forbid he ever stay dirty for a long period of time. While he can get dirty in the first place during battles, one of Pit's favorite activities is bathing in Hot Springs. The heavenly powers of Palutena may also eliminate any fowl odors.

Pit probably smells of a fresh spring day, a very clean, natural smell with a few baked smells in the mix, as eating is another one of his habits.
(N)-Pit: Thought to smell like Humidity/Ancient/Bird. A subtle scent, basically. A few have it that he has a hint of perspiration.

Overall change: Surprisingly, Pit smells move heavenly now than he did in Brawl. Perhaps it has to do with his adventures in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Day 13: Bowser (3-12-2014)
(N)-Bowser: Bowser mainly carries somewhat of a reptilian/turtle like smell with hints of the scents of fire (sulfur, brimstone, charcoal, embers, etc). While he is a turtle, it is implied that he takes care in his appearance as he always looks clean, and his skin/scales do not appear to carry any scent absorbing qualities. Not to mention that he also resides at the end of many luxurious castles (But our princess is in another castle!)

To put it simply, Bowser carries the neutral scent of a turtle that resides in fiery like atmospheres.

Bowser would smell of brimstone, charcoal and embers.

So a lot better then you would think.
I actually think Bowser would smell pretty normal, believe it or not. It's not like he lives and thrives in dark, damp, smelly places. He's always at the end of a luxurious castle (castle of death, mind you) and even in Super Mario Sunshine, he's taking a bath during the final battle.

Definitely normal for me.
I cannot help but expect Bowser to smell neutral.

(N)

He just looks clean and doesn't look very stinky, evil mullet aside.
(N)

While he's no flower, Bowser isn't smelly. His regular encounters with Lava and Fire leave a scorched smell on him, but nothing too overpowering, as his reptile skin is flame-retardant... for a limited amount of time. His non-absorbent skin would not soak in odors, and as a villain, he loves to look his best.
(N)-Bowser: Unlike Bowser’s enemy, Mario, he is believed to have a fairly tolerable and neutral smell. Bowser’s scent is directly related with reptile scales, smoke, and active ignition. A strong, neutral scent.

Day 12: Pikachu (3-11-2014)
(N)-Pikachu: Pikachu smells primarily of ozone, static electricity, and singed fur with traces of berries, grass, and flowers (scents of the forest). Its inherent electrical nature helps in eliminating microorganisms that could potentially contribute to a bad odor.

A Pikachu under the care of a trainer will most likely have well groomed fur and a healthy diet. It may also spend a lot of time in its Pokeball, which would help retain a neutral scent (one couldn't ask for a cleaner cage). It is further speculated that Pokemon Centers may possess the technology to "reset" a Pokemon's scent to its native odor. Even Wild Pikachus appear to have clean fur and proper grooming habits.

In summary, Pikachu carries a neutral scent (unlike that of normal mice). Pika pika!

(N) - (SG)

Pikachu is a rodent, and rodents naturally keep themselves clean by frequent grooming. However, they still can smell if their environment isn't frequently cleaned, and in the case of a Pokeball, I don't think he could get a cleaner cage.

In battle, Pikachu's fur is constantly being shocked by electricity, killing all microorganisms that would effect other animals, and Pokemon Trainers are encouraged to keep their partners clean, so Pikachu would be well groomed.

In battle, he would sweat, and perhaps carry the odor of the attacks of his opponents, but grooming as described above would eliminate that problem.

So to sum it up, the natural instincts and care of the Pikachu's owner would determine the smell, but I think it's safe to assume that they smell like most well-groomed pets. A clean, dander-y smell with traces of a sweet odor best described as a thunder storm's smell. This is caused by the lightning of Pikachu's attacks splitting the O2 molecules into two O molecules, which react with O2 to create O3, making ozone, the smell of baking bread.

Here's my sources:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081020093136AAjNXSd - Ozone

http://www.fancymice.info/behaviour.htm - Pictures of Mice cleaning themselves and other facts on their behavior.
It smells like the forest, and the berries it tenderizes with its voltage.
Pikachu smells surprisingly okay. Not good but fine. A mix of fur and a whiff of ozone, like when you're messing around with an old car battery.
(N)-Pikachu: The dominant scent of Pikachu is that of burnt or electrified fur. It also carries a faint scent of humidity and that fresh, thunder storm smell. A wet, electrified rodent. Fairly tolerable.

Day 11: Fox (3-10-2014)
(N)-Fox: Fox carries a neutral scent akin to that of dander with hints of sweat and mild body odor. While it is true that normal foxes can be portrayed as dirty and are hygienically similar to dogs, Fox is an example of the "apex predator" of his species, having advanced higher on the evolutionary chain with an anatomical structure similar to that of humans. As such, he most likely shares the common omnivorous diet of meat and leafy vegetables, good hygiene habits as evidenced by healthy teeth and gums free of plaque buildup or any kind of decay, and excellent grooming and clothing choices. The technology of his era may have also advanced to the point that in addition to normal showers to clean up, ultrasonic showers may exist to remove any accumulated detritus on the body.

In short, Fox most likely smells like your standard well groomed, healthy everyday average human. But if you're around him when there is bodily secretion involved... watch out!

The following post best sums this up, hands down:
Well, let's go over Fox's biology, environment and occupation to help make a determination. Keep in mind that I'm going over everything that might affect the scent of this particular character, meaning we ARE dealing with anatomy here. Viewer discretion is advised.

Biology:

Fox is, well, a fox. Unlike Earth foxes, though, he is bipedal, with a humanoid figure (including a plantigrade stance), standing roughly 5.5 feet tall.
An examination of Brawl's texturing reveals a lack of pads on the ends of his fingers, which are key in Earth foxes as a place for sweat glands. Earth foxes also have scent glands near the anus, which can emit a powerful and unpleasant-to-humans scent when alarmed.

The final smelliest part about Earth foxes is their urine. Similar to canines, male Earth foxes have a bone that humans do not, known as a baculum. Because of this bone, a male's prepuce lies along the ventral side of a canine or vulpine. This results in the 'lifting the leg' position with which these animals urinate on Earth.

Now, let's look at how these might reflect Fox's more human build. Most of these features would remain in Fox's anatomy, but potentially less pronounced as evolution would have minimized the need for them.

Fox's scent glands would likely have disappeared completely, having become the apex predator of his ecosystem.

It's doubtful that the baculum would have minimized to nothing as it did in apes and humans, though, meaning the male's room aboard the Great Fox might be quite a bit different than what we'd be used to seeing. Further, Fox would need to be more careful when using said facilities, for obvious reasons.

Fox's teeth (based on Brawl's textures) are those of the average fox, hinting at an omnivorous diet, biased towards meat and away from leafy vegetables. While Earth foxes share the same diet, poorly-digested foods can result in flatulence that would make humans want to run to open a window.

Environment:

Fox's home, and presumed birthplace, is Corneria in the Lylat system. Corneria displays technological advancement beyond humans as of 2014, boasting intra-stellar spaceflight capabilities making the journey to other planets in the Lylat system in a matter of days, if not hours.

Such a civilization would most likely have sonic shower technology, utilizing sound waves to shake off dead skin, shed hairs and other accumulated detritus on the body. One thing this does not do, however, is kill the bacteria that live on the skin, which is the true source of bodily odors. It would also do nothing to remove any accidental splashback in the aforementioned male's room.

Brawl's texturing with regards to Fox's teeth reveal healthy teeth and gums free of plaque buildup or any kind of decay, leading to the determination that Cornerians have at least the same level of dental technology (most likely better) as Earth in 2014. It's not known how this is achieved, but Fox takes care of his choppers, that's for sure.

Fox's occupation is that of a mercenary, usually hired by the Cornerian military to undertake missions that their armed forces won't or can't (possibly due to political or bureaucratic reasons). This means that he usually has long stretches of down time, broken up with bouts of strenuous activities. Most of these activities are behind the controls of his Arwing or other similar vehicles.

This does not preclude the potential for elevated body temperature, as anyone who gets into an intense gaming session can attest to. It's not known, however, how much the environmental control in the vehicles can dispel heat buildup, or prevent sweating.

Fox usually doesn't go on foot during his missions, but it does happen. Obviously, environment and his activity level both play factors in how far his temperature elevates, and affecting sweat production levels. It can be assumed, however, that along with the sonic shower, he would likely take a more conventional water bath after such missions, and likely fairly regularly under normal circumstances.

Overall:

On any given day, a human would have few olfactory issues being around Fox, or even in fairly close proximity, meaning you could share an elevator with him. If anything, he might be more offended by your scent, considering a fox's keener sense of smell as compared to humans (though likely dulled by being the top species on his planet).

Things will change, though, if he's just been on a mission to a planet's surface, or should he happen to cut one. At that point, you'd want to vacate and aerate the room as soon as possible.
(N)-Fox: Judging by his sharp, clean look, most people think that Fox has a fair sense of personal hygiene and therefore can't smell bad under most situations. But he is an animal and a fox (which are said to smell worse than dogs), so a funny smell of fur is inevitable. Quite a few just think Fox has a scent of wet dog.

Overall change: None (except for a better insight into Fox's universe).

Day 10: Kirby (3-9-2014)
(N-SG)-Kirby: Kirby's natural scent appears to be elastic/helium with hints of bubble gum and cotton candy. The hero from Dream Land spends his adventures exploring grass lands with a fresh spring breeze and flowery meadows, clean and crystal clear bodies of water, bubbly clouds, and places named after food just to name a few, so the atmosphere would complement his scent. His diet consists of various fruits, veggies, sweets, roasted chickens, hamburgers, strawberry shortcakes, baked goods, etc, so there may be traces of those smells on him as well. Bodily function wise, Kirby's stomach is speculated to have the properties of a black hole. Any consumed food and/or enemies are either completely digested immediately, or released in the form of a star (evoking a smell of stardust/meteors), and would contribute little to his overall smell. Kirby is also known to be able to store objects in his stomach (in the form of bubbles ala Kirby Squeak Squad) which would seal the odor within, but as mentioned before are either completely consumed or exhaled with no bodily secretion.

His transformation abilities may also play a part in his overall odor, but none of which would affect it negatively. The scents are exactly as they appear (i.e. Fire Kirby smells like embers, Bomb Kirby smells like gunpowder, Jet Kirby smells like jet fuel, Leaf Kirby smells like a spring breeze). Abilities are easily disposed of and/or switched out, so none of the scents would linger for an extended period.

In short, Kirby carries an ever changing neutral/good smell which is a combination of his dietary habits, surrounding environment, and overall clean and hygienic appearance.

Well I would expect that most things in dream land has a good/neutral smell because most areas look clean and have no grime or trash (with possible exceptions like castle DDD). Most water looks Crystal Clear and food can lay on the ground without molding/rotting so I guess that would prevent bad breath. Also baddies/food seem to dissolve instantly leaving no grime and removing bodily functions inside Kirby (proven by squeak squad). And overall he always has a clean look almost all times so I would assume he has pretty good hygiene to the point where he has such a clean coat around him.

Also here is pic of Kirby's stomach on the inside

It looks quite clean on the inside and if you take account that the bubbles he produce is the same bubbles produced by the bubble copy ability (which is obviously soap bubbles) you can say he can be at the range of N

Now lets just look at the areas he explores. Most games he goes through gardens, clean waters, bubbly clouds, and places named after food. I would always assume that most places he goes would have a pleasant smell like having a fresh garden smell going through normal plant areas, having a sweet smell with snowy areas, or even having a fresh ocean smell going to the beach.

In conclusion with living in clean nice smelling areas, a diet of fresh veggies and sweets, no bodily functions, and an always clean and shiny appearance I would give Kirby the range of N-SG.
Kirby probably smells OK by default. But his scent probably varies depending on which copy ability he has, which may linger on him after he disposes his ability.

For example, Fire Kirby would smell like embers. Bomb Kirby would smell like gunpowder. Jet Kirby would probably smell like jet fuel. Leaf Kirby would smell like a nice spring breeze.

Kirby earns a Neutral from me. His scent is ever changing.
(SG)

Kirby eats so many fruits, veggies and sweets that I can assume he smells sweet too, probably like an apple pie or a strawberry cheesecake.

Eating enemy creatures doesn't really affect his smell; it is pretty consistently shown in the games that enemies are turned into stars inside his mouth, probably so it is easier for him to absorb their essence and copy their power. So it is not like there are dead animals rotting in his stomach; just star bits and lots of tasty food.
Kirby likely smells neutral. Kirby seems to demonstrate the properties of a rubbery, cushiony substance, which probably means he smells like elastic. He's also full of air too, so he could give off a smell similar to helium. Take his Copy Abilities into account and his scent will vary. Pretty much all of his abilities come from objects that don't give too bad of a stink. He rides around on the Warp Star, which may give a burning smell like stardust on him. His diet consists pretty much anything appetizing to the human palette, such a roasted chickens, strawberry shortcakes, fast food burgers and fries, and some sort of shrimp cocktail-looking thingie just to name a few. Along with that, he eats a lot of fruits and veggies straight up and not incorporated into a meal. Kirby condenses the material of whatever he inhales into stars, which probably have a hint of burning or dust like a star you'd find in space. This dose would change depending on the size of the object inhaled (up to 3 enemies in Squeak Squad can make for a star 2x bigger than the Warp Star). He lives in a spring meadow that probably smells like clean grass. His home is kept surprisingly orderly for a character of his nature; well made bed, clean floors. So that goes for his hygiene. Dreamland is famous for its natural beauty, so the environment doesn't contribute to stink.

It is speculated that Kirby's stomach has the properties of a black hole. It seems to have no concrete physical dimensions as Kirby can morph his body to colossal sizes and has swallowed large objects whole. This means that any trace of scent from the objects he inhales would go away, including on his breath. The Squeak Squad interpretation maybe give us an idea of how he contains objects and the bubbles would trap any odors of the objects inside them.
(SG)-Kirby: Anything regarding bubble gum, candy, or marshmallow is Kirby. One of those fruity Paris Hilton fragrances personifies Kirby. He smells sweet. But, like Yoshi, Kirby's breath is questionable.

Overall change: Went from straight up smelling good to a more natural, neutral scent that borders on smelling good.

Day 9: Samus (3-8-2014)
(S-N)-Samus: To put it simply, it is difficult to ascertain exactly how to rate what Samus smells like.

On the stinky side, her Power Suit would smell like singed wire/metal and sparks, smoke and camphor from explosives, and the various body organs and viscera from the alien creatures she blasts through. Not to mention the suit is exposed to various levels of lava, acid, radiation, fungus, ice, and water (which in her case does little to alleviate any bad odors since, on an alien planet, it may as well be the equivalent of a "pungent pond"). Parts of her suit may also be organic, so the argument that metal would not absorb the smell would not apply here.

On the flip side, if one were to argue that the Power Suit's metallic composition would not retain any odor, she would most likely smell of space odors, metal, and electronics. The futuristic technology of the universe that Samus hails from may have also advanced to such a degree that the Power Suit's systems would automatically account for conditions where the odor could be bad (self maintenance) and maintain working functionality. There is also no degree of certainty as to what the atmosphere of the alien worlds she visits are actually like.

Long story short, the argument could sway either way for Samus' Power Suit to stink like years worth of alien guts or a neutral, metallic scent.

Samus probably smells bad. I mean, if you consider what she goes through, would she be any better than what the consensus graded Link? At her cleanest level of her Varia Suit, she might smell not to different from Mega Man with metal and electronics scent. But during and after battle, she's going to reek off singed wire & metal, sparks, camphor & smoke from explosives, plasma, and all the goo and viscera despoiled from all the alien creatures she blasts up. That suit is regularly exposed to lava, moisture, acid, ice, fungus, and water, with that last one not doing much to clean her stench. The area where the water is located would also seep its stenches and minerals into it. So an area like Marida could be akin to a pungent pond maybe with some sulfuric, decaying smell. Oh, and what if Samus is exposed to or infected with Phazon? I'd imagine it having a potent chemical, crystalline smell that would repulse upon contact with the nostrils just because of the threatening feelings it evokes.
The power suit does contain organic portions though, as Fusion showed. Smells may stick to those.
I think Samus has a neutral smell, possibly some space odors and metal, and while she figths hideous creatures, i don't think her power suit mantains the stink of dead aliens, yep pretty much neutral smell.
Well, except for the obvious water and lava that may clean and fry most of what's on the suit, I'd have to say N.

To note, she never washes her suit, she was eaten by the Queen Metroid, she rolls in who knows what, extraterrestrial life exploding everywhere on her, and liquids, lots and lots of bacteria in those.

After all that though, can you say smells stick on to metal very well? Not really.
(N)Samus: Samus’ Power Suit looks clean and polished at all times. By judging that, the majority of the people think that Samus has a plain scent of cold, polished metal and compare such scent to that of a new car or computer. But just as many believe that Samus has no real distinct scent and therefore doesn’t smell like much. Oh, and let’s not forget that the suit has been bathed with all kinds of Space Pirate guts. Still, the stench can’t get rid of the Power Suit’s very neutral scent.

Overall change: Smells a bit worse than before. More arguments have been identified as to why the Power Suit wouldn't have just a neutral, metallic scent.

Day 8: Donkey Kong (3-6-2014)
(S)-Donkey Kong: Unsurprisingly, Donkey Kong reeks of wet fur, body odor, old bananas, and horrible breath with possible traces of... urine and fecal matter. Being an ape, he most likely does not have the best hygiene (ticks/lice)... and don't even get started on that tie...

(S)

Smells like fur, BO, and rotting bananas. He also has horrible breath.
(S)

I don't even want to know what his tie smells like.
(S)

He's an Ape. Not only are they a bit... unhygienic, but he's been wearing the same tie since Donkey Kong Country.

Imagine (Or don't) a musty, heavy scent from running and jumping, with urine (GROSS) and old bananas.
(S)-Donkey Kong: Most people believe that Donkey Kong shares the same scent of Diddy Kong (See above). It is the stench and combination of bananas and dirty fur. But according to most posts, Donkey Kong stinks to a lesser degree than Diddy. Some argue that he simply smells like the jungle and others that he uses fragranced hair products. But Donkey Kong is popularly believed to stink nonetheless.

Day 7: Link (3-5-2014)
(S-N)-Link: It is believed that Link smells pretty bad, mainly because he's always lugging around so much equipment, fighting various monsters, and is also known to be an avid horse rider. As such, his scent with be a mix of body odor and horse. There would also be hints of gunpowder due to the many bombs he uses to blast open secret passages and steel due to him being a sword user. On the flip side though, he spends quite a bit of time in forests and swimming in various bodies of water (lakes, water in dungeons, etc) which would help eliminate some of the bad smell. He also spends the majority of his quests walking from place to place.

One of the main arguments against him smelling completely horrible is: how is he constantly attracting the attention of every female he meets? Saria, Malon, Ruto, Nabooru, Zelda, Ilia, Midna. Not to mention the various fan girls! Surely someone that is such a hit with the female masses wouldn't smell COMPLETELY bad... The Triforce of Courage may also have some part in this...

In short, Link's exact scent is difficult to precisely define, but it appears to be on the borderline between neutral and smelling bad.

Link is known to lug heavy gear around with him, including bombs. He's also an avid horse rider. Link has an unique scent of horse and gunpowder, plus B.O. from carrying his gear. May as well call him Stink.
I'm gonna go for SG for Link. Everything seems to point at him stinking (fighting hideous monsters, carrying lots of gear, exploring dank dungeon, etc) and yet...he is constantly getting the attention of women everywhere he goes. To a ridiculous degree, even. OOT alone has Saria, Malon, Ruto, Nabooru and of course Zelda who all lavish attention on him, from light flirting to straight out marriage proposals. Twilight Princess has Ilia and Midna both showing him affection, plus a group of fan girls in town who give out literal hearts. Skyward Sword has more Zelda romance hints than ever and still girls like Patrice fall all over him. Even in the SSB4 pics he has Peach and Zelda about to launch into cat fights over him.

I know he has the whole bishounen thing going on and he must exude heroism, being the holder of the Tri-Force of Courage an all, but still. No one who stinks horribly would be getting that much attention from the opposite sex. He has to be doing SOMETHING right in the smell department.
(S)-Link: This elf has the longest and most unbearable adventures and journeys. In his path, Link inherits the stench of dungeons and enemy corpses and guts, and suffers from a stinking smell of his sweat and dirty clothes. He also pays a price for riding his horse all day, and that is the sharing of the horse’s intolerable scent. But let’s not forget that he somewhat brings the stink to a lower degree by hanging out in the fresh forests and running inside clouds of smoke when throwing bombs, etc. Still, Link is inevitably among the bad-smelling characters.

Overall change: His scent has improved slightly.

Day 6: Mario (3-4-2014)
(S)-Mario: One of the most well renowned video game characters ever known... also smells like one of the worst. Who knows what's been in those Warp Pipes Mario has entered on his many adventures? Mario emits a scent that is essentially a combination of sweat and raw sewage with hints of mushrooms, denim/polyester, fire, and Italian food.

Smells like mushrooms, pipes, sweat, and spaghetti.

(S)
Mario's a plumber. So he probably reeks of what your kitchen sink or toilet smells like. Heaven only knows what else lurks in those Warp Pipes during his many adventures. So Mario earns a solid Stinks from me.
I would say that Mario stinks, but not the worst stinks, all the running, and acrobatic jumping must give him sweat odor, but combined with smells of italian food (i love spaghetti), maybe some manly facial hair scents, but i also suggest some bad odors of sewers, not too sure about this las one since he doesn't do that much of plumbing nowadays. Yes i think he stinks, since he doesn't seems to care that much about fragances when going for adventure.
(S)-Mario: Popular belief is that Mario has a strong scent of sweat, plumbing tools and oil, and sewage. Others believe that his scent is associated with Italian food and spices along with the unpleasant scents described above.

Day 5: Little Mac (3-3-2014)
(S)-Little Mac: The World Champion boxer of the World Video Boxing Association. To achieve such a feat requires training and lots of it. To this effect, he would sweat... a lot, both inside Doc Louis' training gym and in the boxing ring, as boxing is a sport that requires such intense focus, energy, and speed. He most likely reuses his same boxing gloves and boots, so after a while, his body odor would be absorbed by them. There may also be a hint of chocolate (Doc Louis' favorite treat), and hair gel, but these do nothing to help the bad smell.

To put it simply, Little Mac STINKS.

Alright. Little Mac.

Let's be honest here. He's a boxer. And not only a boxer, but a World Champion boxer. The amount of training he has to do for such a title would mean he'd spend not only a great deal of time in Doc Louis' gym but a lot of time building up a sweat there as well. His boots probably absorb alot of his scent, meaning if he takes those off, damn it's gonna be gnarly up in here.

In addition, boxers sweat alot when they're in the ring, because let's face it, it takes focus, it takes energy, and it takes strength and speed, and the other guy is also attempting to smash your face in. Granted, his clothing might alleviate a bit of the body odor, but there's still going to be sweat, blood, everything flying around the boxing arena.

So honestly, with what we're given, Mac's going to Stink quite a bit.
To sum it up... sweat, blood, and chocolate.

Seems pretty accurate.

Day 4: Rosalina (3-2-2014)
(SG)-Rosalina: Rosalina is a fighter with grace and poise. She carries a scent of honey (the flavor of Star Bits) and flowers with hints of clean water, pine trees, and pumpkin, cookies, and other such baked goods. She shows care in her appearance, as evidenced by her painted nails and well groomed hair, which may also evoke traces of perfume. She lives in the Comet Observatory, which is a well maintained land mass that contains its own gravity field and atmosphere in a concealed, untainted environment. In addition, her powers allow her to float as well as serving as a primary means of offense without involving too much physical contact. She also has her Lumas to fight for her. In general, as she does not appear to be a primarily physical fighter herself, she can retain her fresh scent without working up much of a sweat.

Overall, Rosalina carries a good scent.

I feel that Rosalina would actually smell very nice. She would have a very fresh scent, and would be like a field of flowers.
She is a very elegant woman. We see that she tries to look very nice and beautiful (or she is naturally beautiful) so that would mean she smells good too. She probably uses some nice perfumes too!

I'm gonna give her a Smells Good.
Observe the land she lives in.

The entire observatory is overed with flowers, giving a loving smell all around. All the children an Rosalina feed on Star bits, sweet tasting nectar like pieces of the cosmos for what has been going on centuries. On top of that the gravity field preserves all of this in a concealed untainted environment. She most likely has a smell similar to pine or a tree, since she spends most of her days reading to her children in a library and most likely some of the smell of the tree where she buried her own mother.
Rosalina would probably smell like spice cookies or maybe even pumpkin bread. For whatever reason I think of baked goods when I think about how she would smell.
So let's be honest here. She lives in a peaceful observatory that obviously has an atmosphere of it's own, around quite a few flowers, and many other nature-y things that are sure to evoke a fresh scent. In addition to that, with her painted nails and well-groomed hair, she obviously cares alot about personal hygiene and personal grooming/primping.

Preeeetty sure Space Mama smells pretty great. So (SG).

Day 3: Megaman (2-28-2014)
(N)-Megaman: Megaman carries a scent of new/fresh electronics (i.e. new plastic screen protectors, cell phones) along with a slight metallic smell (he is a robot after all). He may also undergo regular maintenance to keep away the grime that could cause his circuits to short out or rust. In the heat of battle, however, he would carry the scent of burnt/electrified metal (o-zone) and smoke, especially while fighting it out with the "minor bots" as he progressing through each stage and the various Robot Masters.

Due to the Variable Weapon System, carrying a different scent would be as simple as switching abilities and firing away (i.e. Water Balloon, Bubble Lead, Plant Barrier). This is obviously dependent on the current abilities he has copied in addition to the supply of Weapon Energy for that ability.

Also, Megaman runs on solar energy, so it is unlikely that he would smell of oil (unless of course the enemies he fights run off of oil).

Overall, Megaman carries a neutral scent which changes depending on the scenario.

You know that beautiful smell when you open up a new console, computer, or cell phone?

Yeah. That smell. Plastic screen protectors and wrappers. Fresh electronics.

That's what MegaMan smells like.
MegaMan's Variant Weapon system helps him here.

Water Balloon + Bubble Lead + Plant Barrier means cleaning up and smelling fresh is only a matter of switching powers a couple times.
While in the heat of battle, I'd say he smells like burnt or electrified metal (ozone), but otherwise he would have that new computer smell. Being a robot, I imagine he maintains himself (or Dr. Light does) to keep from rusting or breaking down, which means keeping himself clean to avoid any grime that could cause any of his circuits to short out or rust. He also looks like he would run on clean energy rather than oil (we've never seen him leaking any even when damaged, to my knowledge), but he might have some stored in him for his fire attacks. Overall, I put him at Neutral.
I'm sure Dr. Light doesn't want to be around a stinking robot all day. He probably smells neutral.
On this note, it should be clarified that Mega Man has a solar power source, which has no smell. I think it explains how he powers the Mega Buster with ammunition as well. Along with that, the exact metal his armor uses is Ceratanium, so maybe he faintly smells similar to porcelain rather than plastic. Although, I still wouldn't discount the 'fresh' smell because of that.

Day 2: Wii Fit Trainer (2-27-2014)
(N)-Wii Fit Trainer: The Wii Fit trainer is the epitome of physical fitness and good health habits. As such, her diet involves eating clean foods which helps alleviate bad body odor. While it is true that she exercises a lot which would mean a lot of sweat, her clothing is probably composed of a material that allows for the rapid evaporation of perspiration. In addition, she most likely showers regularly which would hint at fragrances of soap, deodorant, and possibly lotion. She also has good grooming habits as evidenced by her skin's smooth complexion and lack of body hair. Overall, she takes good care of herself through a combination of good physical health, a healthy diet, and proper grooming.

It has also been hinted at that she may actually be a living doll/mannequin. If such is the case, she would most likely smell like plastic, stryofoam, or some other type of synthetic material.

Either way, her smell is most likely neutral, borderline good depending on the situation.

Wii Fit Trainer smells of sweat from all the exercises she does along with the cotton or nylon her workout clothes are composed of, which only linger of sweat. She is a health nut though, which suggests her dietary habits, showering, and hygiene alleviate most of this when she isn't working out otherwise. Along with that, light fragrance, lotion, and deodorant might linger off of her.

I'm not too sure whether she's legitimately a mannequin or not. After all, she might just be a stylized representation of a default human female who happens to have really pale skin to make her identity a little more ambiguous. Same goes for her grey hair and blank eyes. Otherwise,clothed or not, mannequins typically smell like plastic and other synthetic materials. A generally clean smell.
I would imagine Ms. fit to be on Neutral to Smell Good. Much like what Anomilus said, she focuses on staying fit and this extends to dietary and most likely hygiene. She eats well balanced food and avoids unnecessary oils that might affect body odors. Plus, judging from her smooth complexion, I would imagine she showers daily and uses hygienic, natural soaps and lotions. So I think there's a slight scent of hygienic products. And in addition, she seems to have an absence of body hair which traps in body odor and increases sweat (though not all the time).

Day 1: Animal Crossing Villager (2-26-2014)
(N)-Animal Crossing Villager: Villager carries a neutral scent that is consistent with that of a typical person interacting in a village/city and changes depending on the situation. While it is true that he is in contact with animals and would attract the scents of fur, dander, and scales, said animals have furniture in their homes (namely showers and bathtubs) which indicates that they may also shower and clean themselves up (so maybe they're not as smelly as they could be). Villager may also smell like the outdoors as he does gardening, shoveling, and fishing which would attract the scents of grass/flowers, dirt, and fish/saltwater. As he is also a frequent shopper with a large wardrobe of clothing that he changes into/out of, it is suggested that he would carry a scent of clean clothes with a possible fragrance of flowery shampoo that would come with frequent hair maintenance at Shampoodle.

The Villager likely smells good to neutral.

Villager spends his time doing many outside activities such as gardening, shoveling, and fishing, which evoke dirt, grass, wood, fresh water, and a hint of fresh fruit. Any seasoned Animal Crossing player expects a good amount of shopping done in a day. Villager constantly changes clothing all over his body (this alleviates foot odor) as well as buys new equipment and furniture, which likely has a fresh, cellophane smell. He hands out Bells in exchange for these goods, which evoke a very light metal and/or paper scent depending on the amount of currency being exchanged. Villager's haircut looks trimmed and suggests grooming, which is done by visiting Shampoodle, suggesting the sent of fragrance and shampoo.

It should be noted that Villager is around animals all day. This at the least severe level would make him smell of fur, dander, and scales. The most noisome animals he can contact daily include pigs, octopi, gorillas, monkeys, and canines. He also runs a lot from place to place sometimes in hot summer temperatures or along the shore or on the island, which would make him sweat. If Villager just came out of the water in his diving suit, he would smell fishy with a lingering hint of salt. Villager may also run into harmful insects or jellyfish, all of which use toxins to subdue him. Those toxins evoke an noxious, inky smell. The medicine in the games are described by sick villagers as tasting groggy with a bitter syrup taste, which probably won't translate well into scent.

Brawl Record
The original topic is here (quite an amusing read):
http://smashboards.com/threads/smell-the-characters.165084/

The original record for the Brawl characters is here:

Popular Belief: Check If Your Favorite Character Stinks! (Literally...)
(S) Stink
(N) Neutral
(SG) Smell Good
(W) WIN

Day 1: Mario, Pit, and Zelda (4-25-08)

(S)-Mario: Popular belief is that Mario has a strong scent of sweat, plumbing tools and oil, and sewage. Others believe that his scent is associated with Italian food and spices along with the unpleasant scents described above.

(N)-Pit: Thought to smell like Humidity/Ancient/Bird. A subtle scent, basically. A few have it that he has a hint of perspiration.

(SG)-Zelda: She is believed to smell like lavender and other fresh and pleasant scents. But a some people argue that when her foot wear comes off, her feet reveal a not-so-pleasant smell.

Day 2: Ike, Pokemon Trainer, and Yoshi (4-26-08)

(S)-Ike: The vast majority of the people argue that Ike, who wears heavy armor, thick clothing and carries a heavy sword while running, has a ridiculous strong scent of sweat. He is believed to lack deodorant and spend long periods of time without bathing. He also carries a strong smell of metal. Simply believed to be one of the worst smelling characters in Brawl.

(N)-Pokemon Trainer: The Pokemon trainer is believed to smell like a person that lives or spends a time with pets and animals. Generally, his scent is associated with pet food, animal smell, etc. He smells like a zoo. The Pokemon Trainer is an outdoors guy, too-- he is likely smell like the wilderness. But popular belief is that the Pokemon Trainer, susceptible to the stenches of animals and the outdoors, does not have a bad smell and is likely to be clean at most times. Some are just tempted to believe that he wears AXE or a similar fragrance.

(N)-Yoshi: Yoshi has diverse beliefs. Many believe he has an intolerable scent associated with reptiles. Also, many have it that he has a fresh scent of fruit/candy depending on color. But just as many believe that Yoshi has a fairly subtle and tolerable scent.
The vast majority of opinions agree that Yoshi's breath is horrible or at least questionable. Oh, and quite a lot of people just believe that Yoshi smells like... poop...
Basically, Yoshi is Neutral in scent according to popular belief.

Day 3: Fox, Ice Climbers, and Kirby (4-27-08)
(N)-Fox: Judging by his sharp, clean look, most people think that Fox has a fair sense of personal hygiene and therefore can't smell bad under most situations. But he is an animal and a fox (which are said to smell worse than dogs), so a funny smell of fur is inevitable. Quite a few just think Fox has a scent of wet dog.

(N)-Ice Climbers: The climbers are believed to have scents associated with arctic places, polar bears, fish, etc. They carry a frozen, fresh scent. But most of their smell is believed to emanate from their thick coats which are likely to smell old and worn.

(SG)-Kirby: Anything regarding bubble gum, candy, or marshmallow is Kirby. One of those fruity Paris Hilton fragrances personifies Kirby. He smells sweet. But, like Yoshi, Kirby's breath is questionable.

Day 4: Mr. Game & Watch, Snake, and Toon Link (4-28-08)
(N)-Mr. Game and Watch:
What Mr. Game and Watch could really smell like is a mystery since he is only of two dimensions. But the majority of the people believe that Mr. Game and Watch is entirely scentless or has a scent of strong, and possibly toxic liquid such as that of the LCD screen. A neutral, tolerable, and strong scent. Or maybe just no scent at all. Quite a few insist that he must smell like bacon or sausage.

(N)-Snake:
A few people argue that Snake should avoid any smell to be more efficient in his Metal Gear missions. But the majority of the people think otherwise. After all, Snake smokes, uses all sorts of explosives, often engages in sexual activity, and sweats and inherits environmental stenches. Pretty much, Snake represents the smell of man and carries a mild scent of explosive smoke and tobacco. Neutral.

(N)-Toon Link:
The majority of the people agree that Toon Link smells like the sea, dampness, and saltiness. Quite a few argue that he has a poor sense of personal hygiene and thus brakes some of the freshness of the ocean air.

Day 5: Bowser, Olimar, and Sheik (4-29-08)
(N)-Bowser: Unlike Bowser’s enemy, Mario, he is believed to have a fairly tolerable and neutral smell. Bowser’s scent is directly related with reptile scales, smoke, and active ignition. A strong, neutral scent.

(N)-Olimar: Olimar’s space suit is popularly believed to be odorless or simply smells like glass and plastic. But Olimar’s relationship with nature and Pikmin give him an array of odors associated with nature, earth, flowers, honey, vegetables, etc. Olimar carries a neutral smell of the fresh wilderness.

(N)-Sheik: Zelda’s other self has a distinct, more down-to-earth smell. The majority of the people believe that Sheik smells mostly like smoke due to her ninja-like disappearing abilities. Such smoke is likely to smell like gun powder or, more naturally, like incense. She is also believed to smell like mystic herbs and nature.

Day 6: Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Peach (4-30-08)

(S)-Diddy Kong: What Diddy would smell like seems to have minimal thinking effort. People immediately assume that he has the stench of a monkey, mixed with the scent of bananas. Not a good combination. Diddy Kong is surely one of the worst smelling characters in Brawl.

(N)-Ganondorf: The classic antagonist is believed to have a dominant scent of darkness /magic/evil/fear. Those abstract words would pretty much translate to a scent of thick smoke and leather, which evokes fear. Ganondorf is also popularly believed to have a hint of old, decaying smell of old people and another hint of antique fabric and metal. Not so bad of a smell.

(SG)-Peach: So far, Peach seems to be in favor of the best smelling character in Brawl. Like, Diddy, predicting the scent of Peach requires little to no thought. Smells like peaches. Scents that follow are that of designer fragrance and fine garments.

Day 7: Luigi, Pikachu, and Sonic (5-01-08)

(N)-Luigi: Luigi’s scent is almost abstract. The majority of the people insist that his scent is associated with cowardice and the overall theme of Luigi’s Mansion which deals with ectoplasm, dust, spider webs, etc. An old, antique scent when analyzed. Along with that smell comes the scent of pasta/ Italian food. But Luigi is on the verge of smelling bad because quite a few think that Luigi smells like sweat or almost the same as Mario. Neutral beats the stink by popular belief.

(N)-Pikachu: The dominant scent of Pikachu is that of burnt or electrified fur. It also carries a faint scent of humidity and that fresh, thunder storm smell. A wet, electrified rodent. Fairly tolerable.

(N)-Sonic: Simply put, the majority thinks that Sonic is almost scentless, for he is too fast to even catch his smell. However, people agree that the scent he leaves off as he runs is that of burnt rubber. Neutral at best. But, the majority also agrees that when his shoes come off, his feet stink beyond belief.

Day 8: Ivysaur, Kind Dedede, and Marth (5-02-08)

(SG)-Ivysaur: Naturally, Ivysaur will have a strong scent based on nature and botanicals. Its herbal fragrance and toxic properties give out a bitter, yet very gentle flowery aroma. Another good smelling character.

(N)-Dedede: Though Dedede has more of a variety of thoughts and opinions, the majority simply could not decide or predict Dedede’s scent and therefore implies that the King has a mysterious smell or simply has no scent at all. But the different perspectives have it that Dedede’s scent is associated with penguins, fish, clean fragrances, and fine garments. Many agree that his scent must be true to his royalty.

(SG)-Marth: People immediately think that it is the case that Marth is cleaner that Ike. From appearance, it does seem so. His scent is popularly believed to be that of clean and light (likely effeminate) fragrance along with herbs and fine garments. Many argue that he smells nice in a creepy way. But, in any case, Marth smells ridiculously better than Ike.

Day 9: Falco, Link, and Samus (5-03-08)

(S)-Falco: Surprise. Everyone’s favorite bird is a little stinker according to popular belief. Most people think that Falco has a general scent of bird/feathers, and the majority of those people in that category think that it is a bad thing. Though Falco looks as sharp (if not better) than Fox and probably wears a masculine fragrance, many people argue that masking the feathers with such cologne would be a bad action. Almost neutral and tolerable, but the majority think he has an overall unpleasant smell.

(S)-Link: This elf has the longest and most unbearable adventures and journeys. In his path, Link inherits the stench of dungeons and enemy corpses and guts, and suffers from a stinking smell of his sweat and dirty clothes. He also pays a price for riding his horse all day, and that is the sharing of the horse’s intolerable scent. But let’s not forget that he somewhat brings the stink to a lower degree by hanging out in the fresh forests and running inside clouds of smoke when throwing bombs, etc. Still, Link is inevitably among the bad-smelling characters.

(N)Samus: Samus’ Power Suit looks clean and polished at all times. By judging that, the majority of the people think that Samus has a plain scent of cold, polished metal and compare such scent to that of a new car or computer. But just as many believe that Samus has no real distinct scent and therefore doesn’t smell like much. Oh, and let’s not forget that the suit has been bathed with all kinds of Space Pirate guts. Still, the stench can’t get rid of the Power Suit’s very neutral scent.

Day 10: Jiggly Puff, Meta Knight, and Squirtle (5-04-08)

(SG)-Jigglypuff: People have quite a few thoughts on Jigglypuff. The majority agrees that Jigglypuff, as a balloon-type pokemon, possesses a scent of helium, latex, and all balloon associated scents. But along that neutral scent, it is believed to smell like fruit/cotton candy and other happy, abstract scents (Rainbows, happy faces, etc.) Jigglypuff has a pleasant scent.

(N)-Metaknight: Metaknight is another character that is popularly believed to have a scent that evokes fear or danger. The metal armor contributes to such scent. But few believe that he either smells similar to Kirby (see above) or has bad smelling scents such as sweat (mask) and bats (wings).

(N)-Squirtle: As a turtle, many people immediately assume that it has a slimy, dirty pond smell. But the majority argues that Squirtle has a fresh water scent and a hint of soap. Just water freshness.

Day 11: Lucas (5-06-2008)

(N)-Lucas: Lucas has quite an array of predicted scents. The dominant scent is that of cowardice and sadness. Specifically, Lucas smells like salty tears or a depressed person. Following that dominant smell is that hair products such as gel and shampoo. Then follows the smell of the outdoors which associates the scents of leaves, dirt, and perspiration. A few argue that he has a generic scent of soap or lotion. Overall, Lucas has a neutral smell of the average kid. Oh, and the scent of a fresh chain grab was mentioned once or twice, but it is hard to determine what a chain grab really smells like.

Day 12: Lucario (5-08-2008)

(N)-Lucario: Lucario is popularly believed to have a scent associated with canines. The majority of the people agree that it is a simple, bearable scent of dog fur, but a few insist otherwise since they believe that Lucario carries a wet dog scent. Still, a few have it that it has an abstract scent that resembles spirit or aura, and it is probably the smell of ashes, candles, and such materials. A bearable smell.

Day 13: Donkey Kong (5-10-2008)

(S)-Donkey Kong: Most people believe that Donkey Kong shares the same scent of Diddy Kong (See above). It is the stench and combination of bananas and dirty fur. But according to most posts, Donkey Kong stinks to a lesser degree than Diddy. Some argue that he simply smells like the jungle and others that he uses fragranced hair products. But Donkey Kong is popularly believed to stink nonetheless.

Day 14: Wario (5-12-08)

(S)-Wario: As expected: Wario has the most predictable scent. Briefly and concisely according to the posts made here, Wario is believed to smell like garlic, sweat, bad breath, fart, motor oil, coins, and other pestilent scents. Wario definitely has the largest array of bad odors. Compress them, and the result is something you never want your nose to get into. Some people even argue that Wario deserves a different category such as “Very Stinky.”

Day 17: R.O.B (05-13-2008)

(N)-R.O.B: This robot is composed of a variety of scents, commonly believed to be found in such moving gadgets. The scents are those of plastic, metal, oil, and a hint of burnt material when overheated. May even smell like burnt circuits when heavily damaged. Many agree, though, that R.O.B’s plastic (also believed to be the main component) has an old, worn scent of an unused machine, possible lying in a dusty basement or attic. Neutrally retro ;)

Day 16: Ness (05-14-2008)

(N)-Ness: Ness got quite a lot different responses and thoughts. According to most of those thoughts, Ness has a scent of clean, washed clothes, followed by the scent of his PK powers which emits a burning smell. One person mentioned Elmer’s Glue as the dominant scent of Ness.

Day 17: Charizard 05-15-2008

(N-SG)- Charizard: Directly accompanied by the obvious scent of active ignition is that of smoke, lizard, charcoal and BBQ. Those complimentary scents have the same number of votes/posts. Charizard literally personifies a good BBQ day in the outdoors. It is either neutral or a good smell depending on the person. This is also the first character to receive 2 categories.

Day 18: Wolf 05-17-2008

(N) Wolf: Quite a few people expressed their anger at the fact that Falco is listed as a stinky character and thus decided to bring Wolf down with Falco as a stinky character by posting their thoughts on the possible stinky scent of Wolf. Others simply believe that Wolf is naturally stinky with the smell of wet fur or other dog associated stenches. But the majority of posts decided that Wolf, unlike Falco, has a neutral scent at best. As such, the dominant scent of Wolf is that of pure badass and awesomeness, followed by the smell of cybernetic equipment and weapons, metal, masculine fragrance, cleanliness, gasoline, leather, and blood. Not too shabby, Wolf. :bee:

Day 19: Captain Falcon 05-18-2008

(W)-Captain Falcon: This character got a lot of bizarre responses and thoughts. The most popular scents are those of sweat, cologne, testosterone, ignition, liqueur and last but not least, pure awesomeness. Compressed, the scent is the embodiment of the true essence of man, only achieved once in a man’s life-- except C. Falcon carries that scent every day and also has a hint of Falcon Punch. A lot of people also agreed with this argument: “You can't smell God, therefore he has no scent.” YEHS!

Day 20: Zero Suit Samus 05-20-2008

(SG)-Zero Suit Samus: Samus has a different scent when in her seductive, tight suit. She is popularly believed to smell like the leather and spandex material of her Zero Suit, recently and well kept shampooed hair, and a cool, fresh fragrance. Although not as sweet as Peach or as elegant as Zelda, Zero Suit Samus has a very pleasant scent of fresh flexibility. Some also think that her scent suggests sexual activity.

FINAL DAY: Master Hand 05-21-2008

(S)-Master Hand: It is no surprise that the powerful Master Hand is popularly believed to stink. He is much loathed by the Smash fans. In any case, the manifestation of creation and evil is believed to smell mostly like its glove material (which is mostly believed to be latex) and a strong smell of sweat. It is believed that there is flesh underneath the glove, and thus the sweat. The constant use of fire gives a burnt smell to Master Hand as well. Some also like to think that Master Hand has the scent of a compressed Smash universe. But, surely, the classic final match is not pleasing to the sense of smell.

The End?​
Since we have a few newcomers, I thought "why not bring this back"? At the very least, it's something to amuse us while we wait for the game to release.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd probably assume neutral.
Being very much a normal guy like you and me.
And if I'm correct, there's showers in the game...

...Though, I do question why he sleeps with his outdoor clothes on...

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Villager probably smells like dirt, and since hes always working, he might be sweaty too. But I assume he bathes at the end of the day, so I guess neutral.

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
He does a lot of running around, but he spends a lot of time around flowers as well, and he changes his clothes often enough.

I'd say Neutral.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He also seems very sophisticated.
Has great decorating skills. Is kind to neighbors (most of the time), and is into politics.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Little Mac probably reeks of smelly sweat. Like what you'd see in the Rocky movies (although they're oiled up but whatever).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It could vary with the villager. Since there's always the possibility they don't leave their house for weeks and end up with messy hair. (I assume those villagers would stink too with cockroaches hanging out in their home)

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Since Villager is always with animals and running outside, I would say he would smell.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Rosalina probably smells the best out of the newcomers, as she literally spends all her time in space.

Does... space have a smell?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Wii Fit Trainer probably smells. Mega Man would have a metallic smell. Little Mac Smells. I'm sure DK and Diddy reek.

link2702

Smash Champion
Villager probably would smell neutral.

the character constantly changes cloths. He's constantly around animals all day yes, but at the same time he's also always around flowers and the outdoors, and its kind of implied that everyone even the animals themselves in the towns, do shower, as there are pieces of furniture like showers bathtubs etc. SO i'd say everyone from his games do have some sense to keep clean.

also this has got to be the weirdest topic i've seen on swf lately.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Villager does work a lot and he's always doing something, but he also spends a lot of time around flowers and doesn't mind going to Shampoodle for a haircut and wash every now and then, I also guess he washes up every day :D So I'd say neutral~

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Neutral. I'm going to guess he smells like your average guy, perhaps with a hint of dirt and grass from all of that gardening. Another possibility is a very clean smell, his hair probably smells like a nice fruity shampoo and he might permanently have that 'new clothes smell' from all of the time he spends shopping at the Able Sisters.

Overall, I'm sure he has a fresh smell from his natural, flowery environment - but not too earthy, because he definitely takes care of himself, being a sophisticated civilian after all. And perhaps there's a touch of coffee on his breath from last Saturday night at The Roost.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
also this has got to be the weirdest topic i've seen on swf lately.
Dude, thank you lol, how is this a topic of discussion? Not that I don't welcome it, but, wtf :grin:

Villager is all sweaty. Running around all day, digging up holes, moving furniture, associating with animals, peeping in his neighbor's windows...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The Villager likely smells good to neutral.

Villager spends his time doing many outside activities such as gardening, shoveling, and fishing, which evoke dirt, grass, wood, fresh water, and a hint of fresh fruit. Any seasoned Animal Crossing player expects a good amount of shopping done in a day. Villager constantly changes clothing all over his body (this alleviates foot odor) as well as buys new equipment and furniture, which likely has a fresh, cellophane smell. He hands out Bells in exchange for these goods, which evoke a very light metal and/or paper scent depending on the amount of currency being exchanged. Villager's haircut looks trimmed and suggests grooming, which is done by visiting Shampoodle, suggesting the sent of fragrance and shampoo.

It should be noted that Villager is around animals all day. This at the least severe level would make him smell of fur, dander, and scales. The most noisome animals he can contact daily include pigs, octopi, gorillas, monkeys, and canines. He also runs a lot from place to place sometimes in hot summer temperatures or along the shore or on the island, which would make him sweat. If Villager just came out of the water in his diving suit, he would smell fishy with a lingering hint of salt. Villager may also run into harmful insects or jellyfish, all of which use toxins to subdue him. Those toxins evoke an noxious, inky smell. The medicine in the games are described by sick villagers as tasting groggy with a bitter syrup taste, which probably won't translate well into scent.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He's probably neutral, borderline stinking. Little kids that run around outside and dig up dirt and fishes probably don't smell too good. Plus, he comes from a village full of animals.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember this thread from back in the day. You should do the veterans again because, aside from a few of us, most of the people here weren't around for the Brawl speculation days and probably have different opinions on all of this.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I love this topic!! It's like I can actually smell the villager...

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Villager. Next up is the Wii Fit Trainer.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wii Fit Trainer would probably smell like sweat. So, I'm going to go with stink.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Stink obviously. She works out so much that the smell of sweat won't go away no matter how many showers she takes.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I'm going with neutral on this. Sure WFT will sweat with each workout. However WFT in general is all about being healthy and fit. And part of that would involve eating right. That means WFT's sweat probably doesn't smell enough to be offensive. Combine that with proper showering and she'll probably smell no worse than any other fighter putting in a good effort.

BTW, Rosalina would likely have a slightly singed metallic smell to her. I believe that's what outer space is supposed to generally smell like.

Last edited:

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Peach and Zelda would probably smell the nicest. They're princesses after all.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Peach and Zelda would probably smell the nicest. They're princesses after all.
Those two were graded already. They score well over most of the cast.

Wii Fit Trainer smells of sweat from all the exercises she does along with the cotton or nylon her workout clothes are composed of, which only linger of sweat. She is a health nut though, which suggests her dietary habits, showering, and hygiene alleviate most of this when she isn't working out otherwise. Along with that, light fragrance, lotion, and deodorant might linger off of her.

I'm not too sure whether she's legitimately a mannequin or not. After all, she might just be a stylized representation of a default human female who happens to have really pale skin to make her identity a little more ambiguous. Same goes for her grey hair and blank eyes. Otherwise,clothed or not, mannequins typically smell like plastic and other synthetic materials. A generally clean smell.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I imagine Miss Fit would smell like sweaty plastic.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
WFT Is a health nut, so there's no doubt she keeps well on hygiene and eating right, and she likely has multiple yoga outfits as well. She also most likely won't be sweating if just going somewhere casually, We can't just say someone smells bad because they sweat, everybody sweats. WFT is probably the most upkept person on the roster that isn't a princess. I'd say
smell good.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Neutral to Smell Good.

Exercises on Wii Fit mostly involve balance with the occasional low-effort aerobics. The game was built with people of all ages in mind, including old people, and as such the exercises were made so they wouldn't injure themselves from pushing too much.

Wii Fit Trainer probably smells like female deodorant, soap, talcum and a hint of sweat for a very sport-ish smell. I wouldn't exactly call it good, but neutral wouldn't fit either.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh god....

I would imagine Ms. fit to be on Neutral to Smell Good. Much like what Anomilus said, she focuses on staying fit and this extends to dietary and most likely hygiene. She eats well balanced food and avoids unnecessary oils that might affect body odors. Plus, judging from her smooth complexion, I would imagine she showers daily and uses hygienic, natural soaps and lotions. So I think there's a slight scent of hygienic products. And in addition, she seems to have an absence of body hair which traps in body odor and increases sweat (though not all the time).

As well, I imagine the smell of Mario's swear musk is much more unspeaking and rancid compared to I Ms. fits almost arousing sweat smell.

God, I feel like a creeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom