• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters v2.0 (Currently discussing Sta(r)fy and Nintendog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Rosalina would smell like roses. :p

(SG)

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The Space Mother is the only character that could pretty much be unanimously agreed to smell really good.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Observe the land she lives in.

The entire observatory is overed with flowers, giving a loving smell all around. All the children an Rosalina feed on Star bits, sweet tasting nectar like pieces of the cosmos for what has been going on centuries. On top of that the gravity field preserves all of this in a concealed untainted environment. She most likely has a smell similar to pine or a tree, since she spends most of her days reading to her children in a library and most likely some of the smell of the tree where she buried her own mother.

Yeah, that's about as close to SG we are gonna get in Smash Bros. Besides we've kinda been overkilling the neutral option.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I came in here because it said "Currently smelling Rosalina" and got all excited and creepy.

And then I found out this thread was literally what it was advertising, and that's goddamn hilarious.

So let's be honest here. She lives in a peaceful observatory that obviously has an atmosphere of it's own, around quite a few flowers, and many other nature-y things that are sure to evoke a fresh scent. In addition to that, with her painted nails and well-groomed hair, she obviously cares alot about personal hygiene and personal grooming/primping.

Preeeetty sure Space Mama smells pretty great. So (SG).

Definitely won't have the same things to say about Mac...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't why I'm doing this, but...

Rosalina probably smells like a fresh spring breeze. I'm sure that she keeps herself very clean while traveling from galaxy to galaxy.

R0Y

Smash Master
The Space Mother is the only character that could pretty much be unanimously agreed to smell really good.
Slightly off-topic but Zelda, Princess Peach , and
Palutena

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Rosalina would smell like sweet star bits, and cookies from her kitchen, the water from her fountain, and her sheets on her bed, ohhhhhhh she would smell so good

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't know. Pretty much everything in the world is just bits of dust and if she has dust under her dress I don't think she'd smell that good. :troll:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Rosalina. Next up is Little Mac.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright. Little Mac.

Let's be honest here. He's a boxer. And not only a boxer, but a World Champion boxer. The amount of training he has to do for such a title would mean he'd spend not only a great deal of time in Doc Louis' gym but a lot of time building up a sweat there as well. His boots probably absorb alot of his scent, meaning if he takes those off, damn it's gonna be gnarly up in here.

In addition, boxers sweat alot when they're in the ring, because let's face it, it takes focus, it takes energy, and it takes strength and speed, and the other guy is also attempting to smash your face in. Granted, his clothing might alleviate a bit of the body odor, but there's still going to be sweat, blood, everything flying around the boxing arena.

So honestly, with what we're given, Mac's going to Stink quite a bit.

D

Deleted member

Oh, well this one is a complete no brainer, he probably smells like some ordinary guy you would find working out at the gym, which is to say he smells like BO and sweat. The guy is a boxer after all, smelling like a guy who hasn't showered in a couple weeks probably comes with the territory. And let's not even get into the trouble spots like his feet and armpits, those would probably smell pretty rancid all things considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
You know that just plain stanky smell after a hard workout? That's Mac, plus with a hint of chocolate. Not the best combination in the world, so Mac earns an S.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Sweat, it's the only thing I can really imagine, he works out hard.
(S)

Too bad I missed the other ones :C
I was going to say the Megaman smells like an old NES.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Judging by the reveal trailer where droplets of sweat literally fall off every time he does a punch, Mac must smell like sweat and BO, with a strong hairgel scent and the slightest hint of chocolate.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong is a spider monkey (not a chimp, as he was incorrectly referred to as in Brawl), and spider monkeys aren't exactly the most hygienic, so he would be an S.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's pretty much unanimous that Mac would smell awful. However, are we rating their smell when they're fighting or training it when they're in a normal situation? Mac may stink when he's working out, but he looks like he grooms himself well enough that he wouldn't smell outside of training.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Little Mac.

A moderator suggested we re-do the veteran characters, so here we go.

Next up is Mario.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Smells like mushrooms, pipes, sweat, and spaghetti.

(S)

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Mario's a plumber. So he probably reeks of what your kitchen sink or toilet smells like. Heaven only knows what else lurks in those Warp Pipes during his many adventures. So Mario earns a solid Stinks from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom