• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters v2.0 (Currently discussing Sta(r)fy and Nintendog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I wouldn't even consider getting turned on/off by smells a fetish tbh... Smell is an essential part of sexual stimulation for everyone (no matter how good someone looks you won't want to be anywhere near them if they smell bad).
/randomcomment
What.

Mario has thick mushroom breath, and he probably gets really sweaty from his adventures and sporting events. He stinks.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Observe the land she lives in.

The entire observatory is overed with flowers, giving a loving smell all around. All the children an Rosalina feed on Star bits, sweet tasting nectar like pieces of the cosmos for what has been going on centuries. On top of that the gravity field preserves all of this in a concealed untainted environment. She most likely has a smell similar to pine or a tree, since she spends most of her days reading to her children in a library and most likely some of the smell of the tree where she buried her own mother.

Yeah, that's about as close to SG we are gonna get in Smash Bros. Besides we've kinda been overkilling the neutral option.
Wait, her mom DIED!? Spoilerz!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I would say that Mario stinks, but not the worst stinks, all the running, and acrobatic jumping must give him sweat odor, but combined with smells of italian food (i love spaghetti), maybe some manly facial hair scents, but i also suggest some bad odors of sewers, not too sure about this las one since he doesn't do that much of plumbing nowadays. Yes i think he stinks, since he doesn't seems to care that much about fragances when going for adventure.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As seen in M&L:SS, Mario is taking a shower so he does bathe haha

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Mario. Next up is Link.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Link:
Stinks, he's carrying a sword, shield, and he wears a heavy outfit. After all that rolling to get places faster, he's gotta be covered in who knows what.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Link is known to lug heavy gear around with him, including bombs. He's also an avid horse rider. Link has an unique scent of horse and gunpowder, plus B.O. from carrying his gear. May as well call him Stink.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I don't know, maybe having a part of the triforce keeps him from smelling, maybe his Skyward Sword incarnation wished for that, and also Wind Waker Link would smell like the sea, and OoT Link probably smells like the forest, because he spent so much time with the kokiri. So I give him neutral or smells good

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I'm gonna go for SG for Link. Everything seems to point at him stinking (fighting hideous monsters, carrying lots of gear, exploring dank dungeon, etc) and yet...he is constantly getting the attention of women everywhere he goes. To a ridiculous degree, even. OOT alone has Saria, Malon, Ruto, Nabooru and of course Zelda who all lavish attention on him, from light flirting to straight out marriage proposals. Twilight Princess has Ilia and Midna both showing him affection, plus a group of fan girls in town who give out literal hearts. Skyward Sword has more Zelda romance hints than ever and still girls like Patrice fall all over him. Even in the SSB4 pics he has Peach and Zelda about to launch into cat fights over him.

I know he has the whole bishounen thing going on and he must exude heroism, being the holder of the Tri-Force of Courage an all, but still. No one who stinks horribly would be getting that much attention from the opposite sex. He has to be doing SOMETHING right in the smell department.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
No...we're still discussing Link.

I'm going to go with neutral, he'd smell faintly like Zelda's perfume which is a pleasant smell but not necessarily for a man. He'd also smell like the steel of his sword and shield and unkempt, possibly unwashed hair. He's in pretty good shape and spends a lot of his time just walking, so he's not the sweatiest character either.

(N)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Logically speaking, Link wouldn't smell good, but I just can't see Link as being stinky, he just doesn't have that kind of appearance.

But yeah, roaming around in what could be around 20-50 pounds of armor all day is sure to work up sweat.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
People are gonna go for Normal, because it's Link, but let's be frank here, that boy stank too.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Link. Next up is Donkey Kong.

R0Y

Smash Master
(S)

Smells like fur, BO, and rotting bananas. He also has horrible breath.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Obvious.

He's an ape for crying outloud. Hanging around in the jungle, eating bananas. His only source of hygiene would be swimming in water, which probably doesn't fix the issue all that much.

There's also a idle animation in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze where, if the player has Dixie Kong, she starts picking at fleas/ticks from DK's fur. If that's not stinky, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interesting topic... but I'll vote.

(S)

He's an Ape. Not only are they a bit... unhygienic, but he's been wearing the same tie since Donkey Kong Country.

Imagine (Or don't) a musty, heavy scent from running and jumping, with urine (GROSS) and old bananas.

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Donkey Kong. Next up is Samus.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I would suspect that Samus would have something in her suit to keep her clean and toxin free, like a freshener. Besides, no one wants to smell like hot lava, searing acid, and Space Pirate innards after a long day of bounty hunting.

(N)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Samus's suit probably smells of acid, metals and electricity, and probably has a bit of lava, guts and oil.

However, OUTSIDE the suit... Samus smells like leather, sweet scents (I think strawberries) and sweat, but not enough to ruin the entire thing.

Samus (Power Suit): S
Samus (Zero Suit): SG

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Samus probably smells bad. I mean, if you consider what she goes through, would she be any better than what the consensus graded Link? At her cleanest level of her Varia Suit, she might smell not to different from Mega Man with metal and electronics scent. But during and after battle, she's going to reek off singed wire & metal, sparks, camphor & smoke from explosives, plasma, and all the goo and viscera despoiled from all the alien creatures she blasts up. That suit is regularly exposed to lava, moisture, acid, ice, fungus, and water, with that last one not doing much to clean her stench. The area where the water is located would also seep its stenches and minerals into it. So an area like Marida could be akin to a pungent pond maybe with some sulfuric, decaying smell. Oh, and what if Samus is exposed to or infected with Phazon? I'd imagine it having a potent chemical, crystalline smell that would repulse upon contact with the nostrils just because of the threatening feelings it evokes.

Zero Suit Samus would be a much different story, however. Let's save her for another time.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Let me put it this way. In an early commercial for Metroid Prime, there was a part showing flesh eating parasite larva blowing up and spraying their guts all over the visor.

That is just a sample of the stuff that has been though over the years...

R0Y

Smash Master
Samus smells like the alien moats and environs she swims through. They're, pleasant, nature smells that mask the Power Suit's metallic aroma.

(SG)

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
With the power suit on, I'd say a thick acid/alien innards smell. (S)
The power suit most likely seals out any and all of these things so without power suit, (N)

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Well, except for the obvious water and lava that may clean and fry most of what's on the suit, I'd have to say N.

To note, she never washes her suit, she was eaten by the Queen Metroid, she rolls in who knows what, extraterrestrial life exploding everywhere on her, and liquids, lots and lots of bacteria in those.

After all that though, can you say smells stick on to metal very well? Not really.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think Samus has a neutral smell, possibly some space odors and metal, and while she figths hideous creatures, i don't think her power suit mantains the stink of dead aliens, yep pretty much neutral smell.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think Samus has a neutral smell, possibly some space odors and metal, and while she figths hideous creatures, i don't think her power suit mantains the stink of dead aliens, yep pretty much neutral smell.
Depends on the game/which suit. She's been literally flushed out of a space toilet, and while being showered in an enemies' guts isn't as bad as getting eaten, it probably leaves a radioactive smell. Or at least coconut-y. If we're assuming the standard Smash suit prior to any actual action, it still probably smells of incendium or exhaust from the power, heat, etc. being generated. That all said, even with an inner cooling system, Samus probably smells sweaty in there, especially with the layered clothing (Zero Suit and has her civilian clothing underneath) .

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Depends on the game/which suit. She's been literally flushed out of a space toilet, and while being showered in an enemies' guts isn't as bad as getting eaten, it probably leaves a radioactive smell. Or at least coconut-y. If we're assuming the standard Smash suit prior to any actual action, it still probably smells of incendium or exhaust from the power, heat, etc. being generated. That all said, even with an inner cooling system, Samus probably smells sweaty in there, especially with the layered clothing (Zero Suit and has her civilian clothing underneath) .
Hmm good points there, and i really think that inner cooling must be a thing, especially for the lava areas.
And for some reason i think that the light suit is the most neutral/nice smelling, but kind of irrelevant, since that suit is used in only one game.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The suit would probably smell pretty bad with what she goes through on a daily basis. Then again, it is extremely advanced technology, so maybe it doesn't pick up much of a smell?

Eh...I'd probably have to go with S. There are a lot of unknowns, but I imagine the environments that she's in would be absolutely toxic, so I'm just going to assume the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom