• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters v2.0 (Currently discussing Sta(r)fy and Nintendog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Like some haunted mansion, complete with dust and perhaps mold? Neutral, but definitely not good, especially considering that she knows the darkest spells and brews the meanest potions.

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Ashley. Next up is Mother Brain (or as she was known as in Captain N: "Big Mama Brain"). Don't forget that her test tube shatters after she takes enough damage.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Mother Brain would stink. A giant, exposed organ wouldn't exactly smell like a bed of roses.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
(S)

Mother Brain is a giant organ, and while I've never heard of Brain Fluid smelling, I'm sure it's not pleasant.

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
(S)

Not to gross anyone else, but Mother Brain would smell like human flesh, maybe rotting, which isn't well. Also, brain fluids isn't too attractive either. One of, if not the most smelliest character of them all.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Mother Brain.

It's Waluigi time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Really? You guys are still doing this? Ok, I'll bite! If Waluigi eats Eggplant all the time, I'd imagine him smelling pretty awful! That and he has bad smelling shoes!

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
(SG)

Ha ha ha, Waluigi here! Big is currently... tied up in one of my schemes. For the meanwhile, I will show you (Yes, you!) my wonderful stench! Clearly, I have the scent of a god! Did you know eggplant smells wonderful on a man like me? I have a deal with the Eggplant Wizard, wha ha ha!

And if you dare disagree, I, Waluigi, will make you into an eggplant eaten by me... Waluigi! WAH HA HA!

Last edited:

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Waluigi would smell absolutely putrid. You thought the Mario bros stank? Waluigi does the same or more physical activity as the both of them (sports and training for them) and he constantly hangs around Wario, who's smell would undoubtedly transfer. Waluigi probably cares little for hygiene, so the awful smells he does encounter would be augmented by his own sweat and filth. All in all, Waluigi STINKS and could be no better than (S).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
(S)

Waluigi would smell horrible. Not only-

WALUIGI.jpg

Waluigi: Waa... Waluigi cannot allow you to do this Mask guy!

MaskO': But, this is my-

Waluigi: TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!!!

(SG)

Walugi is what everyone strives to smell like! The wonderful smells of manliness and effort, as well as the superior vegetable, the eggplant! And who could forget about the wonderful smell of Waluigi Thyme!?

That's enough out of you!

Waa.... Waluigi hates this.

Waluigi stinks. end of story.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Waluigi, as the last non-playable plumber in Smash, smells like disappointment and broken dreams.

Just kidding, I'd imagine that with all the sports he plays he sweats a lot. He seems like he would have better hygiene than Wario, but not by much. He and Wario also have an association with bob-ombs, I believe (I know it's his special item in Double Dash), so that's gunpowder as well. I'd say S.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Waluigi treats himself to, ketchup water, loose cream, and Napikin Squeezings, he also likes to take his shoes off, he definitely stinks! Geeze... Picks his own earwax using his mustache... ((Dorkly reference))

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Wahh, no Waluigi Time? (But seriously, I'm kind of honored to make a new rank just for me...)

I'd believe Andross would smell like plastic like an action figure, or perhaps stardust. Of course, Monkey Man Andross would smell of poo and such.

(N)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Seriously, is Andross just a floating monkey head? Who would hire him as a scientist (Or anything for that matter)?
Andross was an anthropomorphic monkey in his early years as a military scientist. As he progressed, however, his methods got more and more unethical and they kicked him out of the research facility, banishing him to an uninhabitable distant planet.
This turned him somewhat crazy and gave him a need for vengeance. His experiments, with noone to oversee him, became entirely about self improvement, focusing largely on brain power as that was his biggest strength to begin with. Ditching every unnecessary aspect of his body on route.

So yes, Andross is just a giant floating cyborg monkey head.

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Andross. Next up is Sta(r)fy and Nintendog. This is a combined one because it's pretty obvious what the Nintendog smells like, so you can comment on both or either/or.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
(N) Nintendog smells like a dog(obviously). But even though it smells like a dog it is very well groomed by its trainer. So it smells like dog,soap and shampoo.

(S) Starfy smell like a bunch of things in the ocean.He smells like saltwater,fish,clams and sand.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The Nintendog would smell good. He's obviously one well treated little doggy.

Starfy, though, might smell neutral to good. He smells like saltwater, which is an scent that carries different opinions.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Having had a brief look over this thread, and appreciating the hard work a few people have put into this, there really is a lot to be desired in terms of overall quality and conversation topic.
With so many posts being routinely spam ("why does this thread exist, i feel dirty, what!?") or golden gems such like "smells like poop because he's a plumber" I'm kind of skeptical about the merit of keeping it open.

Among other things, the original thread came after Brawl's release and had a set life length and wasn't pulling at straws for conversation topic waiting for new information.
So while there was questionable merit in the topic conversation in the first place, these are different circumstances now than before. There's a chance this stance will change upon a few potentially upcoming forum changes, but for the mean time, its time we lay this to bed, waiting for the flatulent Prince Charming Mario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom