• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters v2.0 (Currently discussing Sta(r)fy and Nintendog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
(SG)

She's a wise young Hylian who smells like lavender and water.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I don't have an entry for Zelda yet ,but I do have a suggestion. Could we try the assist trophies if we run out of characters? They're pretty important, too!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I imagine Zelda would still have a good smell despite her time period. Probably like flowers or something. She probably can also freshen up like magic.

SG

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
(SG)

Like most royalty is this discussion, Zelda smells good by default. Her appearance in clean, and although she does fight, the magic from the Triforce of Wisdom could help her stay fresh.

Zelda smells of flowers, clean fabric, and incense.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Zelda. Next up is King Dedede.

Congrats on the 300th post!

Dedede... hard to say. He looks cute and clean, and I don't know what kind of smell a penguin would typically have. But as a lazy slob, he may be yet another character who smells of their own sweat, though for entirely different reasons. He's quite an eater like Kirby, so he might smell like his latest banquet of tomatoes, curry, "Pep Brews" and rice balls.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
DEDEDE!
He. . . gets carried by Waddle Dees a lot, and bathes in the Fountain of Dreams on occasion. . .
He is a royal, a rather comical royal.
I am not privy to the particular scent he is carrying today, as I imagine Dreamland to be an amorous place with different lands carrying different themes, any of which could be following the Dreamland folks around.
We should be remiss to forget his being possessed every once in a while, or that he has been demonstrated to sweat under stressful circumstances before as well.
Therefore, I give Dedede a N-SG.
Sure, if he smells like anything, it'll be pleasant Dreamland dreams combined with a spruce of odeur de pingouin.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I think King Dedede is in the same place as Marth. He's royalty, but unlike Marth, Dedede takes full advantage of that. His servants most likely take care of him even for the smallest of tasks.There was also that one time he was bathing in the Fountain of Dreams, suggesting he enjoys a good soak. He's probably filthy rich, too, so he can afford kingly luxuries.

So all in all, King Dedede smells good. But only because he takes advantage of royal power.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
(SG)

King Dedede has the unique advantage of being (self-proclaimed?) royalty in Dreamland. While most would agree that kings have good hygienic practices, all would agree that the denizens of Dreamland don't smell bad.

Along with being a glutton, King Dedede has been seen bathing in the Fountain of Dreams, a mystical spring from which all dreams flow. By his habits, royalty, and access to mysterious water, King Dedede would smell of a clean, light scent, with traces of food (probably only the heavy staining foods though, think meat and oils.), but nothing gross or heavy, along with the esoteric scents of the Fountain of Dreams, a nameless scent that would loosely be described as incense mixed with a present, floral presence.

Not many would be able to describe King Dedede, but all would agree he smells good.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for King Dedede. Next up is Lucario.

We're at the home stretch with (revealed) playable characters. Only 2 left.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
He would probably smell a bit like new metal (Steel type) a gym (Fighting type) and a dog. His fur doesn't seem very dirty so I assume he keeps himself clean. So overall I would say (N)

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Lucario. Last up is Diddy Kong.

I was considering polling for the assist trophies too, but the interest in this topic appears to have waned (sort of like Twitch Plays Pokemon), so this may end up being the last update for a while.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I suggest you start up this thread for new rounds for every new playable character confirmed. Assist Trophies & PokeBalls may be fun, but they seem like filler.

Anyways, Diddy Kong probably shouldn't smell too different from Donkey Kong's S rating. His scent evokes bananas, fur, BO, and various jungle vegetation. Being around DK or just by his hygiene habits alone, Diddy could contract parasites such as lice, ticks, and fleas. His clothes have never changed since Donkey Kong Country, so imagine the dander and stench they've been absorbing all this time! Perhaps the only thing differentiating him from DK would be the scents traced off his gadgets. He probably has a peanut and wood smell mixed in there (food allergenics beware!) When he charges his popgun, the compressed air allows it to fire with more velocity, which has a steam effect which could smell musty. Oh, and the rocket fuel and smoke of his Barrel Jetpack and the explosion after the full charge of the Peanut Popgun would smell camphorous with prominent burning wood smell. Make me think of a fireplace or a fire pit, which actually could be pleasant despite the odor he would otherwise project.

R0Y

Smash Master
(S)

He smells like stinky, sweaty monkey and he doesn't groom his fur much like a rabbit or a cat. With that said, he has the aroma of bananas, freshly-washed clothes and his hat at the same time.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
(S) Diddy smells like a monkey(obviosly),bananas which he eats all the time,a faint peanut scent from his popgun and jetpack fuel. The scent of peanuts and bananas help his scent a little bit but the smell of monkey and jetpack fuel overpower the good smells.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Diddy Kong. Also posted the "tier list" to date based on the contributions for all previous characters.

With this, the topic is currently on hold until new characters are revealed, that is, unless the rest of you want to discuss the assist trophies?

I'll leave the decision up to you.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'd be fine with Assist Trophies. I wasn't around here when Brawl was coming out, but I think discussing the assist trophies could be different and fun.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Marth and Zelda right next to each-other in the tier list. . .
Mission accomplished.

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah the assist trophies would be fun if you're up for it OP.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah, I've always had an idea what Skull Kid smelled like. :D

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Okay, the yays have it. Let's begin the discussion of Assist Trophies. We'll start with the new ones first, then go into the returning ones.

Theoretically, they would all smell the same while INSIDE the capsule, so let's discuss the scent immediately after they are summoned.

First up is Skull Kid.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
(N)

Skull Kid probably smells of straw and sticks. Imagine it like an orchard in a way. Also, he's a kid, so he can't really smell bad.

EDIT: Than again, he is kind of dead.

Last edited:

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
I beleive that skull kid would smell like like leaves and pine trees, kinda like an air freshener. (sg)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Skull Kid would smell like straw, trees, and other scents of nature. Basically the scent of a scarecrow. So neutral, not bad, but not terribly good.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Somewhere between N-SG

Skull Kid would smell like nature. Plants, trees, pumpkins, etc...
Though I don't know what Majora's Mask itself would be like.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Skull Kid

(N - SG)

Skull Kid smells mainly of his home, the Lost Woods. Pine, and grass would be prevalent, with traces of dirt and leafs. Skull Kid has been speculated to be a kind of ghost/undead, and therefore could carry no body odors such as sweat. Skull Kid would have a neutral scent. He also appears to have a scarecrow-like body, and could smell what one would associate the smells of Autumn, smoke and straw.
Nothing bad, but not everyone loves the smells of the woods.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Skull kid? So neutral it hurts. Like, straw and stuff? Yep. (N)

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
(N-SG) Skull Kid would smell like things found in the forest such as fresh grass,trees,sticks and various fruits.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP to summarize the contributions for Skull Kid. Next up is Ashley (that girl next door living in the haunted mansion).

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I do not feel comfortable with the law by doing this.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Dust and old books. Just like your typical witch. Neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom