• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

D

Deleted member

"I'm a big idiot douchebag with absolutely nothing cool about me and I sound like an 80's rocker and my last game that was good was for the Genesis"

Sonic the ***bag

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
"I'm a big idiot douchebag with absolutely nothing cool about me and I sound like an 80's rocker and my last game that was good was for the Genesis"

Sonic the ***bag
If you cant see the magic of Sonic, thats good for you. But you must understand it sounds as rediculous as me saying:
Mario is a " ****ing wuss *** plumber whose games get more gimmicky while we meanwhile watch Peach get captured for the 4902813892nd time. She's obviously doing it on purpose and her and Bowser are ****ing... Luigi realized this a while ago and thats why he's more concerned with ghosts and ****..."

You forgot that Sonic Adventure 1 was amazing. Dont let number 2 fool you.

D

Deleted member

You cannot compare Sonic to Mario. That's rule 3 of life.

Rule 1: ALWAYS get more napkins.

Rule 2: ALWAYS bring your DS.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yeah, because we all knew Nintendo could never answer the awesomeness that was Sonic 2 at the time. What an annoyance that must have been. "He runs so fast... the screen can't even keep up with him!!!?"

worldjem7

Smash Ace
There's nothing wrong with sonic in Brawl albeit it's a bit unorthodox but, they made it work.

Who I'm really looking for is Megaman or Zero or some form of either to be in brawl.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
- Shigeru Miyamoto
"I have a funky grin and look awesome in a tuxedo"
- Shigeru Miyamoto

Sonic the ***bag

LMAOOOOO! The order in which this came in was ****ing hilarious, omg. XDDD

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I for one, think there are going to be hordes of Sonic n00bs running around screaming I main sonic.

The best part is, us veterans get to set them straight on our wiis from the comfort of our own homes.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
for **** sakes mike use the quote button. LOL Don't make me call david a fat **** again :]] (David likes to lie about his belly, he tells people that he's pregnant and stuff).

Also, lalalalaaa~ more melee :]].

zomg can I get a hell yee for CotS2?!?!?!

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
who cares if sonics in it or not, if u dont like him then dont play him and **** the kids that do play him. Just as long as luigi is still in the game i dont care how long brawl is delayed.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I for one, think there are going to be hordes of Sonic n00bs running around screaming I main sonic.

The best part is, us veterans get to set them straight on our wiis from the comfort of our own homes.
OmFg scrreew j00 i m ganna m4in SOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNIIIKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

It really depends if he's actually a good char or not. It wont really be 'setting them straight' if Sonic ends up top tier anyways...

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
OmFg scrreew j00 i m ganna m4in SOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNIIIKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

It really depends if he's actually a good char or not. It wont really be 'setting them straight' if Sonic ends up top tier anyways...
geez guys, doesn't anyone play whoever they like anymore? -_-

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I wonder if Nintendo actually plans to complete this game. It was supposed to come out with the release of the Wii. Then it got put off until "spring" 2007, then Dec 2007. I wonder how much longer they're going to take with.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna main fox to counterbalance all the millions of fanboys who have already claimed every newcomer as their new main

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter who people claim as their new main. Players who keep a closed mind will end up maining bad characters, and will be easy rounds in tournaments. These players might learn of their mistakes and switch characters later...... but they'll already be behind those who mained top tier in the first place.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I read an article thingy that only Japan's release date of brawl is delayed to Jan 24, 2008. However, America's release date on Dec 3, 2007 still holds. Unless this is wrong, I duno what to say then. If it is delayed, atleast it'll be more better.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
SonicZeroX said:
It wont really be 'setting them straight' if Sonic ends up top tier anyways...
uh...that makes no sense. Top tiers in melee get owned just as easy as low tiers do if the person they are playing against is skilled enough. I'd bet the same will go for Brawl. Regardless of how good the newcomers turn out to be, there will be skilled players to pick veteran characters and 4 stock them.

Jake: Ford owned tht ***.

Saph: 'more better' is bad engrish.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
uh...that makes no sense. Top tiers in melee get owned just as easy as low tiers do if the person they are playing against is skilled enough. I'd bet the same will go for Brawl. Regardless of how good the newcomers turn out to be, there will be skilled players to pick veteran characters and 4 stock them.
What the f&ck are you talking about. Explain.

Also, I really don't get this whole "OMG J00 CAN'T GETT BATTAR WE ARE TEH TOP" crap that's been spewing around lately. It started with Nate and I figured Nate was just being a lolcow for kicks but now it's Bernard too. Nate's thing is: "Play top/high tier. If you don't play that instantly you'll be behind." Bernard's like: "Play veteran character. You'll be ahead."

Flaws with both:

Nate:

1) assumes we know who is top tier in the metagame and who will wind up top tier in the end at the beginning
2) assumes that people can't change mains and if they do they'll be so behind they won't be able to catch up
3) assumes people can't pick up secondary characters if they master one
4) assumes time spent playing = skill
5) doesn't take into consideration the fact that the better a scene is, the easier it is for mediocre players to evolve faster
6) assumes that Melee skill level will make direct transition into Brawl

Bernard:

1) assumes their character is still worth playing (not a problem for him because he's fox but... yeah... i guarantee one of the top tiers is going to pull a Kirby and get *****)
2) assumes that tiers don't matter and that skill = all, which isn't completely inaccurate but the top tiers do NOT get owned as easily as low tiers unless the person with top tier sucks really hard or it's one of the weird cases where the low tier does better with the top tier

Only way Bernard's right is if the veteran's transitioning into a good character. Although that is a possibility for Fox players and some of the others although Fox is the real clean-cut winner. Fox will never be bad so long as he's the fastest character, keeps his u-air and has a lagless rapid-fire laser so whatever.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
As much as people would like to think it, Brawl will not be played like Melee. This is what I think is the reason why some people speak as if they're about to play Melee with new characters because they think they're about to play Melee.

When looking at Brawl and how things will work, all you can look at is what is presented on the smashbros website. Yes I know it's still a version of smash but, just remember the huge difference between SSB64 and Melee. The way we will play will be different enough to change how things play out in skill levels, Tiers and all that. We may speculate of tiers based on what we've seen from the site and how the game will be played from the site but, Melee should not be taken consideration when thinking these things.

The only time Melee should come into Brawl is if Brawl does have some similarity with Melee in some way shape or form when we go to play it upon it's release or later.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm so coming to Canada for brawl lmfao at this thread
<3

:lick:

This man knows the system.
Kirby and Sheik have quite a few similarities when you think about it. They both spam f-air, tilts, cc stuff, have good shield, mediocre dding, grab a lot and blow c0ck. The difference is that Sheik blows c0ck because he's gay and wants to whereas Kirby just gets ***** a lot.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Nate:
1) assumes we know who is top tier in the metagame and who will wind up top tier in the end at the beginning
2) assumes that people can't change mains and if they do they'll be so behind they won't be able to catch up
3) assumes people can't pick up secondary characters if they master one
4) assumes time spent playing = skill
5) doesn't take into consideration the fact that the better a scene is, the easier it is for mediocre players to evolve faster
6) assumes that Melee skill level will make direct transition into Brawl
Its horrible when you accuse someone for assuming things, and all your accusations are assumptions themselves.

1) Can you show me where I said that?
We obviously dont know who's top, which is what proves my point, If you keep a closed mind chances are you wont be playing the top characters, you'll play who you play. If that happens to end up being one of the top then 'Bonus!'

2) Once again putting words in my mouth, I never said they can't catch up, but they'll be at a definite disadvantage no?

3) People will obviously have secondaries..... EVERYONE will, even so my original point still applies. You can be behind on your secondaries as well.

4,5,6) You really just pulled these out of your ***, seeing as how I never even touched on any of them in the first place, and my post was too simple to give you such ideas.... you just assume thats how I think.

As for Eric: Its obviously a different game, but its not sooo different as you're making it out to be. A good example I can use is the 2d fighter scene. When a new fighting game would come out its not that all the direct skills from the previous one would transfer... (although a hefty amount would).... it was more people's overall skill at fighters in general that transfered over to the new game, and definetly made a difference.

For instance: I dont know any details about a fighter like the new Guilty Gear. Yet I can pick it up and play based on my skills at previous games and do quite well+ learn twice as fast as the next person.... because in general I know a lot about fighting games.

geistHardware

Smash Rookie
People are low on money or something.
Well then, this justifies an "oh noes"...I was looking forward to this :(

EDIT: Wait...what? Re-reading this I have no clue when it's rescheduled to! Some people say it's the 20th, some say the 27th, and I still don't completely understand why it was cancelled on the 13th! Confusing (or maybe I just haven't read enough of the thread)...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
David said something about school and monies. So some of us agreed that we should hold it on the 20th, seeing as not many people will be going to the Montreal tourny (andy and marco iirc).

Personally, I'd prefer it sooner than later. Who wants to wait a month for the bi-weekly? Thats a cup fulla bull****.

edit: my apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about Hammm, I thought you were someone else at first glance, because of your avatar.

Top Bottom