• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Brawl isn't going to be half the game, tournament wise, that melee is.

The quebecers, and most pros i talk to agree. Its going to be fun, and i freaking want to get it. But come on, it honest to god looks like Sakurai dumbed it down and made it to excite 12-14 year olds.
You know ive thought about this, and before Halo 3 came out I'd agree with you.

However, since halo 3 came out and they removed all the little things people did in Halo 2 tournaments like whatever that reload thing was, only a few people were really upset by it. Halo 3 will certainly surpass 2 in the tournament scene, despite how they got rid of all the tournament stuff from halo 2.

Brawl is gonna be the same thing I think. Theres certainly a balance between party and competitive atmospheres in the Dojo updates.

Anyways we'll see. If melee ends up as the mainstay game then we'll probably stay with it. I don't think that will be the case though. Melee tournaments will take a side during Brawl tournaments, kind of like 64 tournaments do now

Any case, we'll probably come to the biweekly at the end of october.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hahahahahahaha That Was Too ****ing Random!
Why is the picture soooo large?
Why does that look like a much younger Jake?
And most of all why is that **** on your TV?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i wanted it supersize. It fits so well. lmaao

Oh **** NAte were you there? I don't think so. Its on Noah's tv.

THAT IS JAKE. Like last week me and ryan crashed at Noah's and we randomly recorded sh*t with his camcorder...and we froze this part of Jake on playback.

loll

D

Deleted member

LOL That **** is mindgames

You guys just got ULTRAVISION'D. Also, I ain't no queer.

/brokebackmountain

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
BLARGH.

see i have plans for the 13th and i still wanna make it to the quebec tournament >____> even if i wind up having to bus it. so it's on hold atm. bite me.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I want to come to all the Bi Weekly's...
So dates would be nice =] .

Also, you people better still have Melee tourny's after Brawl's release dammit.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I'll be honest with you man, I don't see this game going down even after Brawl comes out. Not that Brawl will be bad, it's just that the way this scene has been the past couple of months, it would be ******** to just stop playing Melee entirely for Brawl. Heck, some of the SSBMers still play 64 Smash (including myself). It's not like you can only play 1 version of smash.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
I still think Brawl will be the 'top tier' of the three, it'll be the main tournament focus, but having melee for side tournaments will be sweet because Im terrible at 64.

And honestly, if melee became the main game I wouldn't really want much to do with it, its been so long with just melee that theres almost nothing more to do, it's all more of the same. I couldnt keep playing the same game for the next 6 years, so I sincerely, truly hope Brawl stands out as the better game.

On that note im spending the next month training a brand new character for the next biweekly because im bored of IC.

Top Bottom