• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation 2010 - June 26 - Second Iteration - Scarborough

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i am comin from hamilton, i usually bus but my buddy is driving down from guelph the night before, and we're drivin down, btw kyle confirm riddlebox :)
oh dang i was gonna see if we could snag a ride. im pretty sure we could get a ride up to hamilton.. but i donno

idea

Smash Master
by setup do you mean a cube? or a tv too? either way is fine really, but definitely at least a cube. (and do you have a copy of melee to bring too?)

yeah, looking at the list...if everyone brings everything, we have 6 or 7 tvs, 8 cubes, and 6 copies of melee. sooo bring more melee discs. that would be such a waste to have a cube we can't use.

if you are bringing a wii with hacked melee/backup launcher then please tell me so i can count that as a disc. (if you already told me then i have forgotten :bee:)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Sean left his cube at my house. I'll be bringing itttttttt. With Melee and memory card.
It's been a while since I've seen you guys..

Sanu

Smash Champion
at the rate this is going we're just going to have a smashfest and not a tournament @.@

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
what makes the one on the 12th so much more successful? :S

why does no one come to this one? xD

i don't know where else to post this around but i posted it on the UW boards lets see if that helps :)

idea

Smash Master
whatever jack, we can just do more friendlies. more people is fun because of generally more hype and interest, and less people is fun because you can play more matches with people you know better.

and we should really watch something for once. every time someone says "we should watch _____" and it never happens.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
what makes the one on the 12th so much more successful? :S

why does no one come to this one? xD
I didn't have a job at the time lololol

This is pretty normal for attendance though. First one is like "WHOAMAGOD" and everyone goes. Grand opening and all that. Then it droops for a bit, then gets good again (sometimes). Pretty standard.

This probably works out for Kyle objectively speaking because he has fewer floors and many parts of his basement aren't usable.

idea

Smash Master
to be clear, brendan and kirsty both happen to be away that weekend, so the half of the basement that IS usable can be used all night. it'll probably be cold and stuff though, and we've fit more than the current attendance upstairs easily before.

EWC

Smash Ace
I'm probably going to this. I can bring a full setup, but probably no tv.

EWC

Smash Ace
Posting to confirm attendance. Unfortunately, most everyone else at UW is busy this weekend, so I'll probably be coming alone.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Is it a fest or a tourney? I'm kinda confused after reading the last few pages.

idea

Smash Master
kind of undecided right now. i suppose i'll ask people once the majority of us get here, see what everyone feels like.

Sanu

Smash Champion
pretty sure it's a tourney, $5 entry for two events

anyways im not bring my tvs now because of the influx of people bringing them... and i also left them in mississauga whups lol. this should be fun, hype hype

idea

Smash Master
so i guess i can just ask people now as well: tournament, or smashfest?

i definitely vote for tournament because...those are much more fun. and it's cheap. and because then we can do teams. i think i might be getting to that point where you start enjoying doubles more than singles. might have something to do with the character <_<

G_Wen

Smash Rookie
Count me in. I'm coming with EWC and we can bring 3 copies of melee and a cube with us. No TV though.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i think i might be getting to that point where you start enjoying doubles more than singles. might have something to do with the character <_<
yeah I am quite a character :p, doubles is too much fun, ur jiggs ***** it

in all srsness, i vote tourney, competition makes us better, and since its melee its fun anyways, plus its easier for shy people to get in more games, cuz they HAVE TO!

see you all tomorrow :), im prob goin marth in singles, i actually kinda know what im doing with him lol

sauc3

Smash Lord
sauc3 your a marth nao??

rofl. pick someone and go with it.
i have this problem with everything, music especially, i hate listening to the same band twice in a row. some kind of reverse OCD lol. but itll be mostly marth and fox from now on. fox is gunna need a LOT of work.

Top Bottom