• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTASTROPHE 2: Pittsburgh Melee Tourney in the Books, Result Thread up!

Sliq

Smash Master
i did amazing at that crew battle

eggm your controller is really good

I'm at vidjo's house right now

im going to master brawl, but melee will always be a far better game

sliq why every time that I **** do you never get it recorded (or recorded and only have 1 second of it recorded even though that's total bull**** >_>) but when i play really horrible you always put it online and only then -.-
WTF I didn't record that one match, Kel did, then his batteries died. Also, everyone knows you are a million times better than me anyways, so its pointless to defend yourself. You've won liek a million tournaments while I haven't won any so gg no re.

Also, I have other matches against other people in which it did the same thing. I have 14 seconds of the beginning of me vs. a Samus.

If you really need to stroke your ego, just tell people how bad you beat me. BFD. No way, the dude that placed first beat Sliq, the guy that placed 13th! WTF THIS IS CRAZY UPSET DAY IN OPPOSITE WORLD.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Good tournament. Brawl ruined my life.
Thanks. I'm still upset that I didn't get to play you all day, :(. Next big tournament that we're both at, I demand some friendlies.

I wish I came to this =(
I do too :(. In related news, I just accepted a job in Norwalk, CT, so you better play me once I move up to your state.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
hey guys this is bigd

mew2king-dont listen to sliq's bull**** hes got this huge plan to make people think youre not as good as you are. but for real, we had some sweet dk dittos and some good matches later

big r-did work, tricks are for kids
jiano-way to get lucky
juke-sorry
nakamaru-thanks for housing, totally came through for us
sliq-maybe you should just not use link anymore
swiftbass-man you have improved at least as much as i have, your fox is too nasty
taki-sorry bout that tipper. good matches though, in tourney and the friendlies
thelake-good **** overall dude
4%-**** jiggs
chu-good matches, crews and singles
eggm-cant handle your flawless style man, whenever you did make a mistake i was so surprised i let you get away with it haha
lordknight-great story about wes haha, also mad good spacing man, loved our matches
vudujin-good **** in low tiers and singles, i guess i stepped it up that last match
spamerer-worst beating i took all tourney, good ****
plank-i didnt play you but i still love you
scar-good dittos, you completely outclass me in speed and combos
mogwai-host extraordinaire. good matches
soap-good ****
dobbs-good matches in singles, but you were sick nasty in teams, i was really impressed
megachuk-good to see you way outside cincinnati
xyt-that was so close man
a laon-also quite close; nice job
wife-we played some friendlies and they were fun, glad you made the trip
hat-we played 1/4 of a match, you won it, but it was on fod so it doesnt count get froed
dark hand-nasty ganon, i love that character

great tournament

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Something tells me you've never seen what happens in every other competitive fighter community when a new version is released.
on the contrary inui, if this were the case then 3rd stirke would not still be played. there were other street fighter releases after it. More so, ST aka street fighter super turbo is still live and strong and theres been a million releases after that.

also, There have been releases in the capcom vs snk series that have not caught fire competitively. Also in korea/china ppl still play tekken tag.

to further make a point, Soul Calibur 2 has seen the most competitive exposure.

Guilty Gear hasn't reverted back because they specifically market to the competitive community.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think giving examples of other fighting games is pointless. Melee is completely in a league of it's own. There has never been (and as long as Sakurai has complete control of smash, never will be) another fighting game that can hold a candle to it. Melee will live forever.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
on the contrary inui, if this were the case then 3rd stirke would not still be played. there were other street fighter releases after it. More so, ST aka street fighter super turbo is still live and strong and theres been a million releases after that.

also, There have been releases in the capcom vs snk series that have not caught fire competitively. Also in korea/china ppl still play tekken tag.

to further make a point, Soul Calibur 2 has seen the most competitive exposure.
Smash can't say it's a legendary game like Street Fighter when it comes to competitive gaming, but I can see your point. Let's see what the release of SF 4 does.

MVC died when MVC2 came out. CVS2 killed its parent. It's very common.

SC2 is dead compared to SC3 in tournies. I'd know since one of my best friends is an SC3 pro. SC2 is about as common as SSB 64, maybe even less.

Brawl won't kill Melee, but it's destined to be bigger.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lots of nonsense about other fighting games and their sequels
Ah...but did any of the subsequent titles have no hitstun and tripping? Nope. Can you imagine a Halo 3 match ending in someone TRIPPING into a headshot? Brawl isn't going to replace Melee. Now GTFO out of this thread if all you're going to do is promote that ****ty game. Nobody wants to hear it. Brawl is a camping game that somehow makes camping boring. I had more fun in my 7 minute match with Vidjo on Poke Floats then I have had in every Brawl match I have ever played in my life combined.

Scar

#HarveyDent
xzax ur a piece a **** piece a ****in **** **** you ya piece a **** ****in piece a **** little 12 year old **** piece a ****

Scar

#HarveyDent
hahahaahahha I'm like laughing like a little girl right now. I think that post was so funny. Xzax I love you I just think you have no clue what you're talking about like 95% of the time.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Ugh, doing multiple final term papers in the last minute sucks brawl. LOL thats a new phrase now, "sucks brawl", it works on everything even non related smash topics. It can work in the plural sense too "brawls".

"Yo, this lasagna sucks brawls."

"Yea no kidding, but here, try this cheesecake. It is deee lii cous."

Ha, thats clever...

Um, I'm jacked up on caffiene, and I need to take a break, anybody wanna play some wifi brawl? lol

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Ganon is the worst character that can't be played in low tiers.

@ Inui and Xzax1337 - the problem here is that you guys have begun defending brawl in a thread for a (mostly) melee tourney. You're kind of out numbered from the start.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
It was the gayest, yet most exciting part of the tourney, and i think it took mad skill. Props.

Top Bottom