• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTASTROPHE 2: Pittsburgh Melee Tourney in the Books, Result Thread up!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hey, chu are you definitely coming? :) I hope so, that way I have a teammate lol. Also..... whose housing my car ?? I need a pm with address and phone # and stuff please. :)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
nakamaru, how many can you house and why do you make it sound like such a last resort haha
3 comfortably, 4 with people sleeping on the floor. Only reason it is a last resort thing is because i still havent cleared it with my parents. That and i get home at like 9pm. : /

My cell is 412-897-9398

Call anytime and if im in class i'll give you a call back as soon as i can.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you have AIM throw me a message so we can hammer out the details.

Im sure it'll be fine, and if its not oh wells. I'll just take the hit for it. Aim = llxeell

HAT

Smash Ace
not that anybody cares except for soap and my MMs,

confirmed: i am coming to this.

it'll probably cost me some respect in the workplace. heeeelllll yeah.

so who else wants to ****ING MONEY MATCH?! since i'm not making any money this weekend.

edit: same font color as last time. that simply will not do.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ummm....

does anyone wanna get like, really drunk saturday night?

if so, where can we do so

we are planning on staying on campus, so unless theres other options, i must be discrete >___>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
actually EE, i got your phone number anyway and we were gonna try to get u over to my place to come with us regardless.

dont be silly, Laurie has nothing to do with our relationship

HAT

Smash Ace
VANZ do you still REALLY want to go to this, because if not can I please have your spot in Eggms car cuz I really want to go badly and you giving up your spot is the only way I can make it
the only way you're allowed to come is by PMing me, and telling me how to approach with marth, because i'm stupid.

no joke, i will prevent you from coming if you don't do this.

i will end you, mew2king.

i will end you.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
has anyone taken a look at the best players coming to this tournament?

vidjo - peach
wife - peach
sliq - jigglypuff
plank - sheik
jiano - falcon
chu? - icies
Eggm/spam - Falco
Vanz - Peach?
Lk- ...THE ONLY MARTH

and no foxes?

bwahahha wtf is thattt

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey Swift, I need to figure out where I'm supposed to go tomorrow. I want to leave here around 2 our so and get there at 6 or 7. Is there any smash planned somewhere? I need to get my groove on with my awesomeness.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
has anyone taken a look at the best players coming to this tournament?

vidjo - peach
wife - peach
sliq - jigglypuff
plank - sheik
jiano - falcon
chu? - icies
Eggm/spam - Falco
Vanz - Peach?
Lk- ...THE ONLY MARTH

and no foxes?

bwahahha wtf is thattt
lol, I play Fox a lot too :)

takieddine

Smash Master
Plank was talking about good players.
Im the best.

Anywho, there is smash @ Duq tomorrow as a first destination of people arriving early afternoon on Friday, get some friendlies say hi. Then go rest up for the tourney. Post in the "*official* pittsburgh weeklies thread" if you plan on coming from OOS tomorrow.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So is anyone here interested in brawl or are you all mostly excited about melee? I'm goin up Saturday anyways but probly just doin friendlies the whole time

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
IMO for brawl rules. Give ATLEAST 2 stage bans. What XESTICLE did which worked awesome was you may ban up to one neutral and 2 counterpicks. With this, you can also be a lil leniant on what stages are legal for counterpicks. This way if your scared of gettin' chaingrabbed, then u can ban the appropriate stages.

Neutral
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
* Delfino Plaza

Counterpicks
* Luigi's Mansion
* Great Sea
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Pictochat
* Green Hill Zone
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Hanenbow (Electroplankton)
* Corneria
* Green Greens

Up to you if you wanna move Stadium and Delfino down to counterpick. However if you let everyone ban one neutral and 2 counterpicks, it might work good to keep them there so after bans we wouldn't be stuck to 3 stages...

Oh yea, and 7 min time limit
Maybe I'll just do 2 stage bans that aren't neutral. I dunno, it seems like a chore to do multiple stage bans and have to think about all the non-banned stages. I'd rather have a concise stage list that only requires 1 stage ban. But I think I'll probably keep the list I have up there with 2 stage bans for this tourney, since I don't know what else should and shouldn't be playable.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
we cant get there til 9 pm anyway, and we're totally willing to sleep on the floor haha. if you can clear it with your parents let me know, that sounds like a good deal.
If the Naka housing situation doesn't work out, let me know, I've got some friends who can house about 2 of you each, so you'd be spread out, but at least you'd have places to crash.

ummm....

does anyone wanna get like, really drunk saturday night?

if so, where can we do so

we are planning on staying on campus, so unless theres other options, i must be discrete >___>
This tourney is not on a Campus, it's actually a little outside of Pittsburgh at a youth center in Rose's hometown. Personally, I wouldn't care, but since we are all more or less guests at this place, I don't think getting drunk at the venue is gonna work out. In other news, we should drink together when I don't have a tourney to run the next day.

Hey Swift, I need to figure out where I'm supposed to go tomorrow. I want to leave here around 2 our so and get there at 6 or 7. Is there any smash planned somewhere? I need to get my groove on with my awesomeness.
I'm not sure if Duquesne will be where we are playing, but if you give Swift or myself (267-566-9182) a call when you get into Pittsburgh, we can direct you to where the smash will be happening.

Hey, chu are you definitely coming? :) I hope so, that way I have a teammate lol. Also..... whose housing my car ?? I need a pm with address and phone # and stuff please. :)
You are being housed by ReadySetGo (Matt). PM him ASAP to get info, and if you don't hear back before you leave, give me a call and I'll try to help out with the arrangements.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I'll just do 2 stage bans that aren't neutral. I dunno, it seems like a chore to do multiple stage bans and have to think about all the non-banned stages. I'd rather have a concise stage list that only requires 1 stage ban. But I think I'll probably keep the list I have up there with 2 stage bans for this tourney, since I don't know what else should and shouldn't be playable.
2 Stage bans are fine (nothing ran wrong with the 3 at CT). Most tourneys are 2 bans, and it's starting to be the standard. Do 2 stage bans, one of them allowed to be a neutral (or 0, your choice, but most allow one to be a neutral) then have this stage list

Neutral
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks
* Delfino Plaza
* Luigi's Mansion
* Great Sea
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Pictochat
* Green Hill Zone
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Corneria
* Green Greens

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
2 Stage bans are fine (nothing ran wrong with the 3 at CT). Most tourneys are 2 bans, and it's starting to be the standard. Do 2 stage bans, one of them allowed to be a neutral (or 0, your choice, but most allow one to be a neutral) then have this stage list

Neutral
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks
* Delfino Plaza
* Luigi's Mansion
* Great Sea
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Pictochat
* Green Hill Zone
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Corneria
* Green Greens
I'm taking out Luigi's Mansion (because of obscenely long and boring matches) and Hanenbow (because honestly, who the fawk wants to play that stage ever). Two stage bans, can't be neutrals (without soft reset, it's annoying and long to reset, and I wouldn't want there to only be 3 possibilities for random).

ChuDat

Smash Master
Yes Eggm, I am definately coming. Don't worry, we are still teaming together.

Hat money match me LOLZ

so.. Who is doing crews? So far its going to be..

ChuDat
Vidjogamer
Mew2king
Eggm
Hat

GG

bring it midwest haha

Top Bottom