• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashpocalypse VII Videos

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
if you're gonna have to john about your performance after the tourny (or need others to do so), i suggest you don't enter in the first place
He's not johning and I'm not johning for him, even though it sounds like it. Everything is a john nowadays, which is stupid. Anyway, if Jman would've said that if he wasn't high he could've easily gotten top 5, then thats obviously a john. Although he didn't. Jman was one of the top power players from RoM, so it was a definite to pretty much anyone that he was getting top 5. Just like its a definite for players like Mango, M2K, and PC Chris to get top 5. Now Jman is human just like any other player, he could've not gotten top 5 even if he wasn't high. Its called having a bad playing day or whatever. It happens to everyone. Jman loves singles with a passion. He takes it really serious, especially for a tournament as big as RoM. Although he couldn't resist any longer to wait till after his singles playing to start the more fun he was gonna have for his RoM experience by getting high.

I'm the perfect example for this. I'm not a fan of singles, but I enter it sometimes just to do it because I don't wanna be bored, but especially to help my region **** players who come from elsewhere. I'm really good in singles but I don't be caring and pick random characters, still ****, but most importantly, I still have fun. I give it my all no matter what, but I have fun. That was the case with Jman. Even though he got high during his singles playing and knew that it was going to affect me, he still gave it his all regardless. Although most importantly, he was having mad fun. If anyone wants to enter singles and even sandbag the whole time and get elimanted right away, thats at their own discretion. Let that person be and do what they want. To them, its not a waste of time and even fun for them. Sometimes having fun with your friends and people you don't see often is better than having a great placing in tournament. He wins all the time anyway and he also got 2nd in teams for RoM. So please leave my lil ***** alone with the topic. I'm not the type to respond back and forth a million times on the boards either.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sometimes having fun with your friends and people you don't see often is better than having a great placing in tournament.
Why do people forget that you know...these people are our friends and sometimes we just wanna..hang out?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
wow he said chops is better than zhu?

confirmation: he's biased

and **** if you're gonna be a douche about putting up videos, DON'T RECORD THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

god****, you should know by now that the melee community as a WHOLE is extremely appreciative of any videos put up. you should also know that by putting up videos, you are GIVING BACK to the community. that should mean way more to you than a couple of people whining about your lost/slow vids. if you don't accept the responsibility and everything that comes with it, don't bother in the first place!

yes, some people are douches and don't really care about what you have to go through to do it, but is that why you're doing it in the first place? for a bunch of random people to tell you thank you? and even then, context matters -- when everyone else puts up videos timely and you don't, well no ****, that's what people are used to, fair or unfair. and most importantly, those people are the minority. put yourself in their shoes, just like you wish they would think about your shoes before they spoke out. it goes both ways.

people are much more inclined to speak on the negative and say nothing about the positive. when you're getting your paycheck every month on time, you're not saying thank you to HR. but when it's two weeks late, you're *****ing them out. but that doesn't mean the majority aren't happy as **** wrt HR and aren't super grateful.

jesus

and fwiw i thank the uploaders all the time so don't even come at me with that
I don't know if this was explained already or not, but Scar is nearing the end of the semester and has to concentrate on his finals, leaving him very little time to upload matches.

Employers are legally required to pay their employees. No matter how much you want it to be, it's not Scar's responsibility to upload ****.

And lol. If people aren't going to give Scar a fair shake and respect that he has better things to do, why exactly should he put himself in their shoes again?

PB&J

Smash Hero
p is the best..and i dont give floridians the upper hand all the time..i always said top to flacos are shiz and lambchops..for like year now..sorry they are good..im so biased..but for like since vls..wow back in 07 i was like jman is so good..he is going to **** people..now that he is ****** hard body people some people are like wow he is even with this person..im like no but close though..and if some of u played lambchops u would understand ..y i think the better than zhu part..i travel more than most smashers besides m2k for the last 2 years..besides going to west coast...

i said before that i thought zhu didnt impress me but after rom i though differrent...zhu is really really good and everytime i watch him he seems to being getting better, but im sorry i think like 4 players from fl are underrated and yes i think they are

im so biased..im such a random smasher who grew up in ny for like 18 years moved to ga..started playing smash and travel laot and see alot of diff peoples skills

anyway ..jman stop smoking like i always do..and i have mad love for jman..remeber spoc 6..hospital..me and djn,hax in the hospital, sleeping on the floor waiting for him..i love it

jman is god like in smash ..sorry i think other people are too..p come to east coast fool..cant wait til genesis to **** some west coast people..yeah i said it..some cool but some so ignorant is funny.and i will say this to anybody's face..the boards are so funny

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
maybe if you'd given a valid reason for not uploading the videos to youtube, they wouldn't have been uploaded. That's why sweetxignorance is so amazing. He doesn't hold anything back from the masses. :)
He actually has one. Ask him in person and maybe he'll tell you. I can tell you it wasn't his fault that he couldn't upload them, stop giving him crap.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
There was a TV in the corner clockwise from the entrance that looked like it wasn't really doing anything other than playing music the whole time. Anybody know if it was recording either of the adjacent TVs or anything? I want to see my set with Cyrain.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
who is p.c. jona lol

if u live in new york then how can u rate all those other people be4 me =(

im toping 5 at genesis (not being cocky) im aways in a winning state a mind
sorry lol.. i dont know.. thats just what i see from vids

videos are bad to judge things on yea i know i dont need people to tell me 50 times iight

and im definitely not a scrub lol

ill go to a tourney sometime

i just need to find the time to go to it... and i need to get alot better lol so i can atleast get like 5th at my first tourney lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
cant wait til genesis to **** some west coast people..yeah i said it..some cool but some so ignorant is funny.and i will say this to anybody's face..the boards are so funny
thats because you is black

your like darkness

well thats what ive seen from videos but its bad to judge from them so your probly mad white and ish

dam double post, i could have sworn i hit edit. lol w/e

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL you think you can go to a tourney with big names and get 5th?
you think highly of yourself.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
He's not johning and I'm not johning for him, even though it sounds like it. Everything is a john nowadays, which is stupid. Anyway, if Jman would've said that if he wasn't high he could've easily gotten top 5, then thats obviously a john. Although he didn't. Jman was one of the top power players from RoM, so it was a definite to pretty much anyone that he was getting top 5. Just like its a definite for players like Mango, M2K, and PC Chris to get top 5. Now Jman is human just like any other player, he could've not gotten top 5 even if he wasn't high. Its called having a bad playing day or whatever. It happens to everyone. Jman loves singles with a passion. He takes it really serious, especially for a tournament as big as RoM. Although he couldn't resist any longer to wait till after his singles playing to start the more fun he was gonna have for his RoM experience by getting high.

I'm the perfect example for this. I'm not a fan of singles, but I enter it sometimes just to do it because I don't wanna be bored, but especially to help my region **** players who come from elsewhere. I'm really good in singles but I don't be caring and pick random characters, still ****, but most importantly, I still have fun. I give it my all no matter what, but I have fun. That was the case with Jman. Even though he got high during his singles playing and knew that it was going to affect me, he still gave it his all regardless. Although most importantly, he was having mad fun. If anyone wants to enter singles and even sandbag the whole time and get elimanted right away, thats at their own discretion. Let that person be and do what they want. To them, its not a waste of time and even fun for them. Sometimes having fun with your friends and people you don't see often is better than having a great placing in tournament. He wins all the time anyway and he also got 2nd in teams for RoM. So please leave my lil ***** alone with the topic. I'm not the type to respond back and forth a million times on the boards either.
god**** big blocks of text

yes i agree with most of what you said, but mainly you have to realize what it's going to sound like. it's just best to take the high road, because that shows how confident you are in your skill, and hell, if anyone wants to say differently, you can always take em up on a MM or prove it at the next tournament. there's no reason to appeal to ignorance because, as one of the best players, your words (and by "your words" i mean jman, not you lol) are gonna be scrutinized more than the average joe.

on another note, what is jman, 16, 17? really dumb to be smokin weed at that age anyway

I don't know if this was explained already or not, but Scar is nearing the end of the semester and has to concentrate on his finals, leaving him very little time to upload matches.

Employers are legally required to pay their employees. No matter how much you want it to be, it's not Scar's responsibility to upload ****.

And lol. If people aren't going to give Scar a fair shake and respect that he has better things to do, why exactly should he put himself in their shoes again?
my post was in general, not to the specific situation. it should go without saying that no ****, school is important as ****, and school johns are legit. i don't think anyone was *****ing at scar, but if they were, obviously they're ******** and shouldn't be given the time of day

Europhoria

Smash Lord
At the time he was, and he lost to like 3 other marths in that pool too lmao.
Hum? The only other Marth in that pool was FullMetal

FYI Zhu is definitely better then Chops ;) But I don't think either of them are good vs. characters that aren't a fast faller.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
difference between zhu and chops is zhu has a really beast fox, and i dont think chops uses anyone else does he?

thats what makes zhu a better player then chops i think..

PB&J

Smash Hero
u guys dont know what u are talking about chops is good vs alot of characters..and way better at the marth match up now ask m2k..he ***** last tourny but barely lost to hbox and i think lambchops is one of the best smashers who is good against peach..he ***** like evey good peach player there is from cort ,wife , to mike g..he is good against shiek..mario luigi..ask green mario..i love it..im biased though i forgot he didnt destroy every peach player he played.

u guys will see..oh..he is good against ganon too ..idk..just watch at genesis..or something

and chops doesnt need other characters..he barley loses when he loses even to m2k

Divinokage

Smash Legend
and chops doesnt need other characters..he barley loses when he loses even to m2k
That's the difference between winning or losing. If he barely loses, then he will probably barely lose vs good players, I don't see him getting top 5. At RoM, I always barely won my matches. You get what im saying?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
CHops doesn't play the game like he used to. He's trying to get his life on track and get bread a more...legit way.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah he does lol, he's not doing **** yet.
Chops is def. better than zhu from what ive seen, don't use pools from a bad day to judge his skill.

I love p's argument. "your biased therefore my biased opinion is better"

Ge the **** over yourselves, all this talk doesn't mean ****, let them play each other, let chops go to a big tournament and prove himself.

Oh and p we still got that mm at genesis im going to **** your *** in the unwinnable matchup.
And im down to mm zhu for any amount of money, I dont lose to falco, so far i'm undefeated, let's go.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I could say a lot but i choose not to piss of the floridians for no reason. i'll just say than i'm more scared of playing Eggm, Viperboy, or Scud in tourny than Chops, and they're not being placed on a pedistal by anyone. not that i'd be surprised if chops beat me.

anyway...florida should go to E-52. all of southeast should, so souf can beat out midwest :o

PB&J

Smash Hero
please dont start with the eggm stuff how many times do we prove that eggm is ovver rated..he came to fl and lost to keppspeedn's falco and wait..let me think lambchops..and lost to colbol at rom and shiz...we all did go to the first event 52..fl took each other out ...u guys are dumb..im baised linigui will def beat zhu..he beats chops and shiz sometimes..anyway..genesis will be fun since everybody in the south suks and im biased..wait i think im going to hang out with djn in 2 weeks and jman..im so baised..i love it''

i guess i know nothing then..and when was the last tourny u guys were at a tourny with chops its so funny

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well when i played mogwai he told me he was surprised at how good i was for not have ever gone to a tourney soooo nah son, plus ive gotten better since he said that..... so idk man, im definitely not a scrub tho

JFox

Smash Hero
The bottom line is there's always going to be biases because people are people. You see your player ****** and expect them to do that when they go OOS. Than you see a performance or two from certain people in other regions and you make incorrect assumptions. So we are gonna say Jman is **** cuz we've seen him ****. You will say chops is **** cuz u see him ****. No point in comparing people that never get to play each other though, cuz you really just don't know.

People should avoid these topics, they just start dumb drama.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
here's my take: lambchops is really really good with falco against a lot of random matchups. i heard he beasted wife's peach and can do the same with other floaties. that's on top of that fact that everyone in floodah plays spacies. chopz is really good.

i think zhu might perform better in tourny, but he does rely on his fox quite a bit. i'm not sure who's better overall, but i think ppl are getting the wrong idea of both players.

Top Bottom