• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
VANZ!!! SHOW UP DArn YOU... SHOW UP FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS OORAH AND GRANDMA STUFF I MISSES YOU!!!!

Nah but seriously show up... Ill be there.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
VANZ!!! SHOW UP DArn YOU... SHOW UP FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS OORAH AND GRANDMA STUFF I MISSES YOU!!!!

Nah but seriously show up... Ill be there. In my eyes melee is still better. I can play melee forever, brawl gets boring after a while.
Just so I get this right.....

For the love that is Oorah and Grandma stuff....????

lol? I don't know how to respond to this randomness.....

Oh and I have both anyway nowz :) and Grill can easily have multiple setups so it should be fine.

Brawl is funny though but ... man me and my friend were playin brawl and he was Dedede.... right....

and he used his side b move to throw a waddle dee, and instead it turned into a capsule that had a FINAL SMASH IN IT

WTF

Needless to say i was upset :(

Alukard

Smash Hero
Just so I get this right.....

For the love that is Oorah and Grandma stuff....????

lol? I don't know how to respond to this randomness.....

Oh and I have both anyway nowz :) and Grill can easily have multiple setups so it should be fine.

Brawl is funny though but ... man me and my friend were playin brawl and he was Dedede.... right....

and he used his side b move to throw a waddle dee, and instead it turned into a capsule that had a FINAL SMASH IN IT

WTF

Needless to say i was upset :(
it gets worse in nyc tournaments

Eggm

Smash Hero
Alukard/jman as you can see I tried to save you the trip all the way down here to manasquan, but since I failed you guys will have to ride here if you want a ride from me. :) Due to vanz and tec0 going with oorah, I can probably bring Cheezit/jfox/alukard/jman in my car.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Shotgun no Blitz OWND i got front woooooooooooooo
This is in clear violation of proper shotgun etiquette.

Good **** DC. Can't wait to see you guys, it's your first SPOC right?
Popping my SPOC cherry, I'm so excited to come to this.

Oh its a van? Can alukard and jman come with you guys then? Cause I was gonna bring them but they were complaining about having to take nj transit all the way to my town, going with you guys would be amazing and i'll take jfox and cheezit and whoever else wants to go on my way from NJ.
Also, I would have no problem bringing Alukard and Jman, but I did promise Tec a good while ago that his friends could come. Especially since getting to Bayonne from NYC is infinitely easier than going to Manasquan... I feel terrible.

Beat

Smash Ace
I think I'm gonna try to be in attendance... Not sure if I'm enterin', but maybe if I practice a while beforehand...

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Sounds good Tec. :) Eggm's ownage shack is open for business.
I'll take you up on this for friendlies; but I swear, I fawkin' swear, if I have to fight you in singles one more time, I'm going to... *explosion*

I want to do something with the guys in Drexel or Upenn either on Thursday or Friday before the tournament. If anyone's planning to smash it out in preparation, tell me so I can get on the action. I want to actually do good in this SPOC, so I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Eggm

Smash Hero
i would like to go to this. money matches?
I'd like a 5$ MM vs your whatever with fox 2 outta 3, then a 5$ MM yoshi vs marth 2 outta 3. Also bring as many md/va people as possible! I know cyrain and some of his friends want to go. i"m sure theres more people in md/va who like melee a lot other than you plank and cyrain... so BRING EM. This is gonna have md/va/pittsburg/ny/nj support, amazing. Can't wait for this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
about what time will this end? im trying to make plans for how im gonna get home that night since easters the next day </family on holiday johns>

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I might want to take you up on that sensei. Might. Depends if I can scrounge up 20 dollars to hand to you.\

Also, chances seem to be pretty high that I'm coming to this. I've gotta play Scar and Komosutro if he shows up.

HAT

Smash Ace
I'd like a 5$ MM vs your whatever with fox 2 outta 3, then a 5$ MM yoshi vs marth 2 outta 3. Also bring as many md/va people as possible! I know cyrain and some of his friends want to go. i"m sure theres more people in md/va who like melee a lot other than you plank and cyrain... so BRING EM. This is gonna have md/va/pittsburg/ny/nj support, amazing. Can't wait for this.

i'm up for the MM vs. your fox. Not sure about the yosh one.

I'd love to come to this, but i don't know if i have a ride yet. and i'm probably going to be hungover, so don't expect me to play well.

no prejohns.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
I might want to take you up on that sensei. Might. Depends if I can scrounge up 20 dollars to hand to you.\

Also, chances seem to be pretty high that I'm coming to this. I've gotta play Scar and Komosutro if he shows up.
sorry maybe next time im sure you got a lot better

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh snazzles, copy cat, sensei, and maybe woz?! Even TSA NJ is coming? Hot and amazing. Melee's dead? PSHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3 this game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is there any brawl at all going on at this? im entering the melee stuff, but it would be cool if there were like atleast 2 brawl setups for friendlies for stuff like money matches or a mini singles tourney.

what time is spoc over??? i kinda need to kno

Eggm

Smash Hero
is there any brawl at all going on at this? im entering the melee stuff, but it would be cool if there were like atleast 2 brawl setups for friendlies for stuff like money matches or a mini singles tourney.

what time is spoc over??? i kinda need to kno
I'd rather every setup be used for melee and every can get as many friendlies/warmups in as possible as some of us will be rusty from playing brawl, this way the level of play can be brought back up to normal or higher. And I hope we have a bunch of recording setups so we can show how melee is still evolving and how good our community is and still is into melee, to help further melee's cause. :) If people in other areas who are on the fence or still like melee better, but are losing hope see high amount of people in results and really cool videos they will maybe run melee tournaments there and we can help the scene. And i'm taking a WILD guess, but I think scar will feel the same way.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i agree, spoc is all melee. however spoc normally has a lot of TVs and theres normally one for other fighting games (sometimes 2), so i suggest there should be one brawl setup, simple because a lot of us haven't been able to play brawl with each other yet (lagless, aka not online). but yea a bunch of melee friendlies would be nice. im using this whole week to practice up. im pretty much already adjusted back, it only takes a couple matches for me.

Eggm

Smash Hero
yea i agree, spoc is all melee. however spoc normally has a lot of TVs and theres normally one for other fighting games (sometimes 2), so i suggest there should be one brawl setup, simple because a lot of us haven't been able to play brawl with each other yet (lagless, aka not online). but yea a bunch of melee friendlies would be nice. im using this whole week to practice up. im pretty much already adjusted back, it only takes a couple matches for me.
I realize your itching to play some 1on1's with people in real life with normal rules, but the weekend after is dm brandons tournament, just wait for that or play at some one's house after it, lets keep SPOC all melee as its the last consistent melee thing thats left in this community in our area.

Random fighting games are fine for a few setups tho, just to keep the air fresh.

Edit : Or go to the rutgers weekly's for brawl on friday, they seem to have good competition with fair rules for brawl. Get it out of your systemt he day before and focus on melee for saturday. :) Melee tournaments in this area are only once a month at this point (spocs) Saturday brawl tournaments however have certainly been lacking in this area too.. only one that I've known about so far was dm brandons tournament so far.. It'd be ideal if we could get like 2 saturdays a month melee and 2 saturdays a month brawl tournaments in this area every month. So far all brawl has done in this area was make tournaments on saturday for either game scarce, and as a result i've been bored. :( Can'tw ait for SPOC V

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
2 melee and 2 brawl tourneys a month would be awesome imo. i kinda cant wait for next weekend with the dm tunes 2 tourney weekend, i should be able to find a way to be at both.

so whats the turnout looking to be like for this tournament? it looks like its gonna be bigger than spoc4 haha, kinda funny that when brawl comes out the melee tourneys got more people now.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
so whats the turnout looking to be like for this tournament? it looks like its gonna be bigger than spoc4 haha, kinda funny that when brawl comes out the melee tourneys got more people now.
I think there is a reason for that. People are disappointed with Brawl and want to play a good competitive game.</Brawl flaming>

There will probably be plenty of brawl set ups anyway.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I think so too. And idk if there are going to be any Brawl setups, I guess it'll go by popular demand, but I don't want anyone to be distracted by Brawl. The Melee tourney needs to run smoothly, if there's reason to believe that Brawl will trip things up (LOL CUZ U CAN TRIP IN BRAWL 4 NO REAZN) then FAWK THAT.

JFox

Smash Hero
I was wondering what the parking situation is like near the venue. Is it street parking like in the city, or will there be a lot?

Eggm, I may not be going with you anymore...I'll let you know.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Street parking a few blocks away from the venue. I haven't heard anyone with a problem yet so I assume it's pretty easy to find.

Jollies

Smash Cadet
I think so too. And idk if there are going to be any Brawl setups, I guess it'll go by popular demand, but I don't want anyone to be distracted by Brawl. The Melee tourney needs to run smoothly, if there's reason to believe that Brawl will trip things up (LOL CUZ U CAN TRIP IN BRAWL 4 NO REAZN) then FAWK THAT.
That made my day

Also, I'm bringing my PS2 again, and a new arcade stick

And hopefully I won't bring the flu again

Cia

das kwl
a brawl setup shouldn't be a problem because EVERYONE is used to it by now.. I just want my money match vs chibo. and anyone else that wants to money match me :] (I'm not even good at brawl, but money matches are a good way to start)

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol taki. Alright guys, first post updated, the venue IS different than the previous two. That's right, this is a new one altogether, you're probably going to need my cellphone for this one, which can be found on the first post.

HOUSTON HALL is located on Spruce street immediately after Irvine Auditorium, the site of the first three SPOCs. It is on the North side of Spruce (on the right, if you're coming from the lower number streets) and it's a very large building.

Last time we were in Logan Hall, and again the first three were in Irvine auditorium. The event is also, unfortunately, on the second floor of this building.

I STILL ENCOURAGE YOU TO BRING SETUPS! I still need as many TVs as I can get my hands on, as many cubes/wiis and as much Smash as you guys can bring.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Now it's a total tossup for whether or not I go. Family get togethers for the loss. Meh. I'll try as hard as I can to be here.

Top Bottom