• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Cia

das kwl
lolz, I'm not forcing you to money match me ame. if your not confident, don't challenge me.

also, I want everyone to know I'm not doing money matches to be a predator a snatch everyone's money. I just think they make the game more interesting. (that's why I'm only doing matches bet $.50 and $5.00) if I personally challenged you, and you don't feel up to it, TELL ME SO!! I don't want anyone to feel pressured at all because it's just not my style.

anywayz, looking forward to seeing everyone. ^_^

I may not remember all of my mm's so if u see me, and u still wanna mm, just remind me. I think I have inui, shakugan, and canismash so far.. ??

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I play Iron Man and CapCom a little, but I don't have a 3rd, and I don't know much about playing competitively.

And I'm the Denjin Ryu player in 3S. Somebody other than my brother, MM me!
do you own a copy of MvC2? i hope i see you play this time around, i want a good turnout for marvel, last time, it was only like 3 of us playing the whole time...lolz. if u are serious about playing iron man, u should learn his infinite and drop capcom's AAA for psylocke's AAA cause its easier to set up the infinite with.:)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, I never said you were forcing me, VaNz, xD. I was just making a point that I wasn't ignoring you, xD. Maybe I'll do a $.50 MM. Either My Roy or ICs, vs. your Marth, xD.

Now that I think about it, I AM out of a partner. I think Shakugan said he was teaming with TenNoTensai's brother, >.<. Dang it.....there's always plan b.....but plan b is just so.....unpredictable. Maybe I have a plan c somewhere.....*checks pockets*

Ame- "So that's it? What a guy.....this is gonna be tough!!"

Cless

Smash Champion
do you own a copy of MvC2? i hope i see you play this time around, i want a good turnout for marvel, last time, it was only like 3 of us playing the whole time...lolz. if u are serious about playing iron man, u should learn his infinite and drop capcom's AAA for psylocke's AAA cause its easier to set up the infinite with.:)
I have a copy for PS2. I could also bring my DC with Project Justice.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
XVS > MVC2 > MVS > MVC > 3S > MSH

(yeah, XVS > MVC2.. I said it :D)
people say MvC2 is broken, but they aint see nothin yet untill they play XvS...that game just made no sense, every character had a corner infinite. and you forgot one game, Xmen :COTA, OG game right there, lolz, i remember playin that one back at random pizzarias when i lived in brooklyn.

and the true order is:

MSH>MvC2>Xmen:COTA>XVS>MVC>MVS>3S

Allin

Smash Journeyman
So what there one this weekend hehe cool! I may or may nto go if only brawl was there lolz

Jollies

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I own a PS2 copy and 2 DC copies. I'll bring them all, but my DC isn't very reliable, so I'm not bringing it.

So Cless, bring your DC and Project Justice, and I'll supply MvC2 with save data.

And I'm really terrible at MvC2, Ken, so don't get your hopes up for good matches. I can give good matches in 3S though...

Cless

Smash Champion
Actually, I've been playing a lot of CvS2. I want to get my *** kicked in that for a while if possible too. I don't even know if I'll enter singles. I don't feel like giving M2K $10.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I own a PS2 copy and 2 DC copies. I'll bring them all, but my DC isn't very reliable, so I'm not bringing it.

So Cless, bring your DC and Project Justice, and I'll supply MvC2 with save data.

And I'm really terrible at MvC2, Ken, so don't get your hopes up for good matches. I can give good matches in 3S though...
its all good, the more you play, the better you'll get.

Actually, I've been playing a lot of CvS2. I want to get my *** kicked in that for a while if possible too. I don't even know if I'll enter singles. I don't feel like giving M2K $10.
i dont practice in CvS2, but i can still play it, im up for a game in that too.:)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have no idea what just happened ...>_>

Spam hates me? T_T oh well uhhhhhh...........

Poopy :(

I have no idea whats going on with anything....

I guess I'll just pick a teammate at the venue i guess? I dunno anymore. T_T

Alukard

Smash Hero
i would have teamed with u tec0 lol ... but u never asked ... cuz u don't love me -_-

Cless

Smash Champion
i dont practice in CvS2, but i can still play it, im up for a game in that too.:)
Oh, I don't play it seriously. I should probably pick something to play seriously though. Well, since you're up for that, I guess I could be masochistic and play MvC2 with the rest of you guys.

Cia

das kwl
people say MvC2 is broken, but they aint see nothin yet untill they play XvS...that game just made no sense, every character had a corner infinite. and you forgot one game, Xmen :COTA, OG game right there, lolz, i remember playin that one back at random pizzarias when i lived in brooklyn.

and the true order is:

MSH>MvC2>Xmen:COTA>XVS>MVC>MVS>3S
pssh, that order is FLAWED!!

and yes, XvS was soooo broken, til this day it remains my best game. I have't played that in a while either, but I was undefeated where I used to play. with every character too ::cool face::

everything is a blurrrrrrrrr

Alukard

Smash Hero
nah i can't argue with vanz tho ... he was like m2k mixed with mango in that ****ing game ... someone get at him with arcade controllers seriously lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm officially coming to this.

XVS > MVC2 > MVS > MVC > 3S > MSH

(yeah, XVS > MVC2.. I said it :D)
SSBM > other fighting games.

random stuff asking for mm
sure, you pick the stakes, I'll go up to $5 on a best of 3 MLG set.

I have no idea what just happened ...>_>

Spam hates me? T_T oh well uhhhhhh...........

Poopy :(

I have no idea whats going on with anything....

I guess I'll just pick a teammate at the venue i guess? I dunno anymore. T_T
I'll team with you if you're interested.

Jollies

Smash Cadet
It just hit me that fighting games have an obscene amount of acronyms associated with them

I wonder which fighter has the most

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So VaNz, wanna take me up on that one? I don't mind. >_>

Inui, there's a soda match, it's Shakugan vs. Me (Zelda vs. Roy) MM. That's a definite. *sigh* I just don't have a good feeling about it. With nobody to play, I'm gonna have to really concentrate. >.< I hate concentrating. Lol, if I ever did, I would have graduated school about 5 years earlier than I did, ROFL. O_O shoot, I'd be like Doogie Howser.

Tec, lol, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sure who I'm gonna team with anymore. Niwatori actually wants to enter this time, and he's looking for a partner too. We just wanna avoid teaming with each other. The only way I can survive his randomness with me is when I play Y. Link. Dont' ask me why. Whenever he plays on my team he expiraments. With anyone else, he's on point. *hangs head* It's a dark, dark day, lol.

VaNz, I'll play you in XvS, I had a friend who used to do infinites to me, but I wasn't that bad in XvS. The only person I ever lost to was him. Even then, I could still gain my victories off of him. I'm SUPER rusty in anything from that series, though. I probably play like a noob now, ROFL.

Cia

das kwl
ame - sure I'll play u in XvS. we're both obscenely rusty because I really haven't played capcom games in a while (except puzzle fighter.. I'm ridiculously technical in that game)

since everyone is money matching in different games.. who wants to money match me in ms. pacman.. I'll do anything from $5.00 - $20.00. highest score wins.. (we'll have to find a laundromat or somewhere that has it tho.. lolzzzz)

Cia

das kwl
I'm probably gonna go zelda for a majority of the tournament tmr..

someone money match my zelda (someone who's not a crew member)

Scar

#HarveyDent
First post is full of all the updated information, particularly the starting time (12 noon for teams) and location, which is Logan Hall, maybe a 2 minute walk from the past venue.

The address is on the first page. I'm thinking that we'll park at the same place as before for unloading TVs and stuff, but this time I'm trying to get a hand cart. We'll just load the TVs on there and stuff.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im confused about the stage rules (cause every fawken tourney is differ)

so you can change your strike everytime u go to the stage select screen, but is this only when its gonna be random?

and theres no resets right?

so say its like me vs scar, samus v falcon and i ban final d and scar bans dreamland

so then i win on like fountain of dreams or somethin

so now when would changing the stage strike take place? only if scar then chose random?

pretty much think of it this way, against a falcon, i want to ban FD as i hate fighting falcon on FD, but if he switches to marth, i wanna change my ban to something else as i like fighting marth on FD.

Scar

#HarveyDent
You ban one stage per set. Period. And that example would never happen. I would ban Fountain, and you would never beat me.

Top Bottom