• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds V: The Final Frontier 5 ** Bi-Weeklies

What side event would you like to see?

• Standard Doubles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Random Partner Doubles

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Low-Tier Singles

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Fixed-Secondary Singles

• Rat's Amazing FFA Extravaganza

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No Johns Singles (ft. Corneria, Green Greens, MK2 and Pokefloats)

• Cactus Tournament

• Other (post in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Went to COD but all the places I could think to look were under construction... I wouldn't have had very much time to spend there anyway but where were you guys?

john!

Smash Hero
last week the same thing happened to me, lol.

they ended up being in a room inside the building near the south parking lot. the room is east of where we normally are. there's a long hallway and you'll probably find them easily if they are where they were last week. just walk for a minute or two.

and the location change wasn't even posted in the OP of either tournament thread. ****ty job by the TO's IMO

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Results Thread

Its been a good summer everybody! I am going to talk to the school about using that room for the tourney Arty and I are hosting next month. Hope to see everybody there!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
way off topic, but have any of you looked at the N64 "rule set"

Console is strongly recommended over using a Wii (frame skipping) or laptop, though laptops and Wiis aren't discouraged, particularly if there are special requests. A lagless laptop in particular is usable, as it has no frame skipping or input delay, but console is still strongly recommended.
The (U) version (NTSC) of Super Smash Brothers is recommended over (E) (PAL), (A) (PAL) and (J) NTSC.
If there are requests to play using Gamecube controllers, a Wii with the Virtual Console version of Super Smash Bros. can be used. Alternatively, suitable PC adapters may be used.
If there are requests to play using a keyboard/non-Nintendo/third-party controllers, a laptop set-up is recommended. Each controller user is responsible for bringing relevant adapters and drivers (on a USB stick), and to calibrate their own controllers.
Tournament organisers should discuss and organise these arrangements beforehand.
It is recommended a 8/10 minute time limit is put in place for all matches, especially Hyrule. This may be difficult to enforce.
Draws are decided first by stock, then by percentage.
Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible.
Pausing is discouraged, and should only be done at the end of a stock, if at all. At other times, the pauser loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock, the pauser loses two stocks.
Extreme stalling is disallowed. Any reported case of such will result in a warning, followed by automatic forfeit of the match. If this is reported again, automatic forfeit is enforced without a warning. If there is no movement from either player, the player with fewer stocks/loser percentage is considered to be stalling.
Pausing and resetting (A+B+Z+R) should not be done unless both players have given consent prior. It is strongly recommended all tournament matches are left to finish, without any resets, even for the sake of saving time. This clearly shows who would have (and did) win a match. If resets do occur and there is a valid dispute, the person who reset forfeits.
Mages DQ is enforced. When a match is called, both players must promptly arrive. If a player is 2 minutes late, they receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, they lose the first game of the set and forfeit counterpick rights. At 6 minutes late, they forfeit the entire set.
Pool play should preceded brackets play if the number of participants is suitably large. This is left to the Tournament Organiser's discretion, given 64 has low dedicated attendance rates.
It is recommended that drugs*, including alcohol, are prohibited at tournaments for the sake of both the venue and the participants. Legal issues are possible, and use of drugs in the vicinity of the venue by participants should be heavily discouraged or prohibited completely. Relevant Federal and State regulations on drugs obviously apply.

* Healthcare drugs such as insulin supplements (diabetes), Epi-pens (anaphalactics) or asthmatic inhalers (asthmatics) are exempt, given usage is by those suffering from the relevant conditions.
What nonsense

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
that it's even in the ruleset that "inhalers are ok only if you suffer from *blank*" and "it's hard to enforce a time limit"

Tink

Smash Hero
LOLLL....The MW...where our better players dont even attend their own nationals....i like that ring of that.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm legitimately sad that the R Bros, Dart, and Tink won't be going to / entering FC.

Step it the **** up, Chicago-Land!

darkatma

Smash Hero
what kinda of joke national doesn't have dart/tink/R bros?

:x

Jk i'm sure the tourney will be awesome.
I would've gone for sure if it was over the weekend, no questions asked. Unfortunately, I have class on the weekdays that it's hosted on.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I keep forgetting Dart isn't in Chicago.

What about R Bros? Thought they were in Crystal Lake, which should count as Chicago-Land, no?

Top Bottom